Modelling Ideas Needed!

• RMweb Premium

Hi All,

Work at Lyneworth is coming on nicely, as you can see in the photo! I am stuck, however, for ideas on how to model the small triangular area to the left of the hill!

Any ideas from more experienced modellers???

Cheers

Clive

Lyneworth.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, cypherman said:

Hi

Try using the Railway Children as an idea. and having 3 children waving from the fence. You could also have another group of running children painted up as the school boys on the paper chase.

Nice idea, strangely enough I have just bought the C class 592 that featured in the 2000 version of the film!

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, ITG said:

Can’t see what’s to the left of those points that are just in shot,  but is a signal box appropriate?

hhmmm could be. there are several sets of points there. I'll put up a pic form a different angle when I get in from work later

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, ITG said:

Can’t see what’s to the left of those points that are just in shot,  but is a signal box appropriate?

THis is a pic from the other direction showing the points layout and into the (unfinished!) station!

Lyneworth2.jpg

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, grahame said:

Why do you have to model something in the space. Why not simply run out the slope of the hill more realistically and gently to fill it?

I thought about that running it down as sort of unkempt land merging into the ballasted area? thought it seemed a bit like an easy out?

How about a hut? 

Or even a fogman's hut. Quite common near tunnels and cuttings where mist and fog would linger. Particularly on the Southern.

Quite a few manufacturers make them. PECO, Ratio, Roxey.

This is the Ratio version.

549_1035069_Qty1_1.jpg

And the PECO one has a man and brazier.

https://peco-uk.com/collections/4mm-oo/products/fog-man-hut-and-brazier

Jason

• Like 1