Jump to content

2021 Hornby YouTube - Clan Class release update.


Black 5 Bear
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Black 5 Bear changed the title to 2021 Hornby YouTube - Clan Class release update.

I did notice that. It is a  it disheartening that they can’t get all of the fine details right

 

like the name 

Edited by Edge
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Green firebox under the running plate? I thought these were black below the running plate, like on the 9f and Brit?

 

Normally just dirt....  :prankster:

 

In this case they are correct. ISTR some one else in the other thread said the green cylinders were wrong, but Hornby has go that right as well.

 

Evidence here. Click on second from bottom photo, it enlarges.

 

https://www.theclanproject.org/Clan_History2.php

 

Photo on the Colour Rail site with a side on view.

 

Ref: 324883

 

 

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

Great selection of photos of the Clan Class, thank you for posting them

 

I weathered my model to look like a well worked locomotive but looking at your photos she now looks almost ex works.

 

I may have to add some additional weathering.

 

The Hornby Clan Class is a stunning model.

 

Regards

 

David

72005_IMG_2556B.jpg

Edited by landscapes
Spelling
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

 

2 hours ago, landscapes said:

Great selection of photos of the Clan Class, thank you for posting them


And amazing information in one of the captions that the Polmadie Clans were considered for use on 2 hour expresses between Glasgow and Aberdeen!

 

It would even have been interesting if they had been considered as power for the 3 hour trains.

 

:jester:

  • Like 1
  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pH said:

 


And amazing information in one of the captions that the Polmadie Clans were considered for use on 2 hour expresses between Glasgow and Aberdeen!

 

It would even have been interesting if they had been considered as power for the 3 hour trains.

 

:jester:

Hi 

 

I was thinking exactly the same thing, I wonder if it would have extended their life span.

 

Regards

 

David

Edited by landscapes
Spelling
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had my eye off the Hornby ball since the Hattons debacle cancelled pre-orders, but just re-ordered one of these through one of my (and apparently Hornby's) favoured smaller retailers.

 

Obviously I can read a website as well as anyone else, but anyone got a steer on when we're looking at roughly for these? I suppose what I'm asking is to what extent have Hornby release dates been jumping around this year? 

Edited by Helmdon
Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Helmdon said:

I've had my eye off the Hornby ball since the Hattons debacle cancelled pre-orders, but just re-ordered one of these through one of my (and apparently Hornby's) favoured smaller retailers.

 

Obviously I can read a website as well as anyone else, but anyone got a steer on when we're looking at roughly for these? I suppose what I'm asking is to what extent have Hornby release dates been jumping around this year? 

Bearing in mind Hornby increased their prices across the range by 10% as of the 1st of August, both Clans are now advertised for sale at between £161.99 up to the RRP of £197.99.

Some retailers still have them advertised for as a "Special Offer" for £161.99.

In relation to availablity, current information from various outlets give release dates of anytime between September and December this year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...