I plan to install colour light signals on my layout like I’ve had done before, but this time I’ve decided to have four signals on a gantry at one end near two set of points at the start and end of a four track mainline.

I’ve had a look around and the web and wanted to get the traintronics modern signal gantry but it’s not available anywhere. I see that the closest I can do is to make my own signal gantry and I have seen some things from ScaleModelScenery that I can use to make a signal gantry, such as walkways and safety ladders in curves cages but don’t know how to go about making one.

I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions or plans of any modern signal gantries in OO gauge. I’m mainly looking for something that would be seen on the WCML or similar, with the protective cages around the signals if that would help.

• 1 month later...

The problem is very similar to that with semaphore signal gantries and brackets. There is just too much variation in the prototype to achieve a close enough representation in most cases. With semaphore signals Dapol have tried with their GWR brackets but there are just too many compromises for many (their products could have been so much better for no more cost, in my opinion).

Currently you only really have two options, DIY or commission via such as Absolute Aspects and others. One demands a deal of research and effort, the other isn't going to be that cheap.

I will be doing some Colour Light signals on my thread very soon, but no colour light gantries or brackets this time, whilst they will probably be different to what you are looking for (basically 2 aspects and position lights, with some feathers), they may help.

• Agree 1

If this is a location where 4 tracks become 2 then 4 signals on a gantry does not fit.

There would be two signals leading from the 4 track section to the two track section and one signal with a junction indicator (feather) leading the other way. Unless you have all 4 tracks bi-directional which is rather unusual.

• Agree 2