Birtley Model Railway Show 7/8 August 2021 - Is a go!!

DLPG

• RMweb Gold

Given the high COVID rates in the area (948 per 100,000 at the moment) I'm frankly surprised this is going ahead. Although I live not that far away, I won't be attending. (As I don't have my own transport, I have to consider the safety of the journey there, as well as that of the event.) I think, for the benefit of those who are thinking of attending, it would be a good idea for the organisers to publicise what precautions (if any) they are taking. I believe the building is controlled by the local authority?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there on Saturday, with my mask on and a bag of disinfectant wipes in the car. It can't be any less safe than a trip to Sainsbury's D9020 Nimbus...and if my memories of exhibiting at Birtley are anything to go by, there is plenty of fresh air blows through that hall (downstairs at least).

Can't wait to get back to a little slice of normality.

A/box

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Well, I order my groceries online and get them delivered… I might consider going if I had my own transport but I don't — and I can't justify the cost of a taxi both ways (it would come to over £30 from where I live).

Good luck to all the exhibitors — and stay safe.

• Like 3

Great little show, some quality models and the chance to catch up with a lot of old friends I've not seen for what seems like years...oh, and a chance to spend some money.

Kept my mask on, used the hand gel...and felt safe.

Its good to get 'some' normality back in our troubled times.

• Like 4

On 06/08/2021 at 09:01, MarkC said:

Great news. I'm hoping, family commitments permitting, to attend.

Well worth the visit. Great to see some old friends there, traders looked to be doing well and a nice selection of layouts were on show. Congratulations to all involved.

Mark

• Like 4