Interlaced Pointwork

Good Morning,

I thought I would start a new thread separate from the one on signals to mainly concentrate on Handbuilt trackwork and Templot. I am just starting with a new project, which features Interlaced pointwork. It is to be to EM Gauge with scale thickness plywood timbers, 4 bolt chairs and standard Nickel Silver Bullhead rail. (I would normally use Hi-Ni).

Having received some prototype drawings, the next job was to try and re-create it in Templot. In the end I settled for a standard type of turnout with the timbering turned off and then added some plain track superimposed with the rails turned off.

I ended up with the result seen below. Next thing is to add the rail etc and move onto the slips that will be needed. I have already printed off the templates and positioned the timbers.

Next to add the rails etc.

northbrit.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stephen Freeman said:

Good Morning,

I thought I would start a new thread separate from the one on signals to mainly concentrate on Handbuilt trackwork and Templot. I am just starting with a new project, which features Interlaced pointwork. It is to be to EM Gauge with scale thickness plywood timbers, 4 bolt chairs and standard Nickel Silver Bullhead rail. (I would normally use Hi-Ni).

Having received some prototype drawings, the next job was to try and re-create it in Templot. In the end I settled for a standard type of turnout with the timbering turned off and then added some plain track superimposed with the rails turned off.

I ended up with the result seen below. Next thing is to add the rail etc and move onto the slips that will be needed. I have already printed off the templates and positioned the timbers.

Next to add the rails etc.

northbrit.jpg

Stephen

Sometime ago a late friend asked me to build an interlaced turnout for him, he modelled one of the Scottish regions and in the absence of and exact plans I sourced these below

1360192257_interlacedturnout10.jpg.ebe0159fbb942a352039a6e4ed8ca278.jpg

Whilst North Eastern practice rather than the company he modelled for him it was near enough, built to P4 standards as he was an active member of the North London Group

661276515_interlacedturnout11.jpg.f798791d413817db92c1a5231b6e71a9.jpg

Slightly different design with timbers through the first part, then sleepers

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

By coincidence, John Palmer has just now posted a Templot .box file for a fully customised NBR interlaced turnout.

Download from: https://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85434#p85434

nbr_12ft_10_interlaced_john_palmer-png.1

It's in P4 -- use the convert group function to convert it to other gauges and scales (select the match original option).

Martin.

Edited by martin_wynne
  • Like 2