Dugort Harbour

jhb171achil

“What ye think of it?”

”Never seen a thing like that, to be sure - it’s not a bit like a C class”

”Wonder if it’ll be any more reliable than those things….”

”Well, we’ll have 650 back soon once they’ve put the new firebars in, and I can’t see PJ going for diesel training anyway….”

8A76A155-BFA9-4C70-970D-C333863E3F5A.jpeg

• Like 7

It’s 1964, and Cork are about to take part in the Munster hurling final. Four specials will operate from Dugort Harbour and Castletown West. Here, the locos are stabled in advance in the old loco shed road - about the only time it’s used nowadays, outside the beet season…

2A932A75-01FA-42F6-B199-48E6CD6FFD00.jpeg

23E17E5A-0F9E-4134-B1CA-B066685E9860.jpeg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Neils WRX said:

Must confuse the drivers when they are told to take 141, and they reply "which one" as they have 3 to choose from.....

Excellent layout by the way.

Neil

7 hours ago, Neils WRX said:

Must confuse the drivers when they are told to take 141, and they reply "which one" as they have 3 to choose from.....

Excellent layout by the way.

Neil

Yes - two of them are already programmed as 147 and 150.

I bought the two on the right online somewhere, but the clown who sold them to me had hacked the handrails off! And also, between the two locos there is but one coupling. Price wise was ok - reflected that, and I've got replacement handrails - but how anyone would want to hack bits off these is beyond me! At least they were DCC ready though.

I now need to find the exact type of numerals to replace the endless B141s!

“Which is the first class?”

”There isn’t any till ye get to the junction! Sure there’s only the one coach!”

”But I had a first class return from Dublin….”

”Well, unless ye want to travel with me in the guards van - I’ve a flask of tea!”

60876EF8-EB2B-4102-9CC3-70A291580A40.jpeg

Edited by jhb171achil
  • Like 2

On Thursdays, the 11:40 mixed can be busy because it’s Market Day in Castletown. Here, a second coach has been added to the train as it leaves to go “into town”. 

Several vans are going back empty after arriving with the newspapers, some crates of washing powder, seven sacks of cement, fourteen kegs of Guinness for O’Donoghue’s Select Bar and Lounge and some machine parts for the fishermen’s co-op.

74EC0080-D52C-420D-97EB-88C3553A7541.jpeg

• Like 2

On another day in 1965, the 12:55 goods sets off. All it carries is one van containing a consignment of tractor tyres; the other vans are empty, having arrived with newspapers, bags of fertiliser and some new pots, pans and aluminium kettles for the local hardware shop……

71F04C57-9A03-4887-9B6F-44219D585AC6.jpeg

• Like 2

On 30/08/2021 at 10:29, jhb171achil said:

I’ve a few more of those kits, but would need to get them put together!

I've 3 of those IFM kits in storage ready for next winters building fest. Too much stuff going on this summer to spend time at work bench. I plan to tweak them a little with things like sprung corridor gangways, sprung buffers, kadee's, passengers, lighting, and some roof vents.

• Like 1