"Rails Through Connemara" Book Launch 18th September

jhb171achil

Folks

The above will be launched at Peacocke's Hotel, Maam Cross, Co. Galway (adjacent to the former station half way along the Clifden branch) on the above date.

All are welcome; further details of times etc. top follow.

There will be also an opportunity to inspect the adjacent Maam Cross railway preservation scheme next door.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Update; this event will actually take place at the railway site, beside Peacocke's Hotel. It will be at 3pm.

Railtours Ireland are considering running a day trip by train and coach from Dublin. If you are interested in going, contact railtoursireland.com.

Hope to see you there!

JB is being very coy about his super book, so here is the cover front

954023667_PS001copy.jpg.8e42df2f97d691a7cacd3b9f16d39a92.jpg

and back

997078197_PS002copy.jpg.97dff40411c3bc2e5e17f8aa8a585c33.jpg

The Syndicate -  which has been raising funds for Irish railway preservation for the last fifty years - is selling this long-awaited book in the UK (only) for 

£16.95 post paid.

If interested, please e-mail me at

lesliemcallister@aol.com

and I'll provide bank details. Profits from sales of this book through us will go to the Connemara Railway Project.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Leslie

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Despite the great covers the bit in between is even better!  A great read and shared with friends at work, several flick reads got comments on great photos of a time past  and notes on battle scars and staff errors and omissions !

A good record of the past and despite much source material some bits tantalisingly just out of touch.   

I would love to see an A 4 sized plan of the hotel !

Robert    

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the comments, folks, much appreciated.

As you see above, the “Syndicate” can supply mail order in the U.K.; I received a consignment today and can do some mail order in Ireland. 

Irish price is probably going to be €19.95, though I need to confirm this.

Ping me privately if interested.

Edited by jhb171achil

18 hours ago, Patrick Davey said:

Best of luck with the launch - pity I'm not closer, would have offered some musical services in return for a signed copy!! :)

That would have been amazing!!!

Folks - in general - I forgot to mention that in order to comply with covid regulations regarding numbers attending, can I ask anyone planning to go if they can just fire off a RSVP to info@railtoursireland.ie.

Many thanks, and see you there.

• Like 1