Railmatch NSE Light Blue?

Thanks to Ben at Heljan I've established that Railmatch 237 is a colour match for my NSE 50 which needs some minor changes. But having trawled all the usual sites it doesn't appear to be in stock anywhere. Any suggestions on where to source it would be welcome!

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Paints are something I dabble with quite a bit (when I have time anyway). NSE light blue is almost Ford monza blue or Ford electric blue (same colour different name). The closest RAL paint code to that is RAL5015. Personally I use (and swear by...) Vallejo model colour (not so much their model air). The RAL cross match is Vallejo model colour 70.736. Thin with their own brand thinner or better still with their flow improver instead of thinners. All water soluble and no smell. Seal with their polyurethane varnish.

I know you were after enamel but I hope that may help?

425A1A0C-2F65-4256-9495-B3FE2CA42BC0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

It is probably out of stock at many retailers because it has not been produced for a while.

Could you use Phoenix instead? Their code is P175.

The reference and any similar tips like this can be useful to we overseas modellers because we cannot get the railway-specific model paints now. The more generic paint ranges are the best we can do, so any helpful references are most welcome.