Was there a “standard” DB 2-10-0?

TravisM

I think one of the French industrial concerns had a small fleet of 150X - the Société Metallurgique de Normandie  (SMN) perhaps?  I vaguely recall something in the Continental Modeller from donkeys ago.  Seem to recall they had no deflectors, short chimneys, the UK cab and a big X on the cab side.

I remember thinking at the time what a contrast it was to the average UK industrial railway, with its infinite variety of tiddler tank engines...

2 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

- the Société Metallurgique de Normandie Seem to recall they had no deflectors, short chimneys, the UK cab and a big X on the cab side.

Correct, but the lack of deflectors  was common to many SNCF 150X (they ran in France either with large deflectors (mainly Nord region) or no deflectors). The short chimney was standard for France otherwise the locos would have been out of loading gauge

• RMweb Premium

If anyone would like to know what a German one would look like without smoke deflectors, here's the preserved 52 7596 running into Neustadt an der Weinstrasse station, during the Dampfspektakel in 2014:

1190546007_P1000382(1).jpeg.472f04e88119852a60a50013f7713cfb.jpeg

• Like 2