European Railways Asociation

kirtleypete

Does anyone know if the ERA is still functioning? The website doesn't see to have been updated since last Summer and I get no response to e-mails sent to the officers from it. I was asked to take a layout to the 2020 exhibition that was cancelled and assumed the invitation will apply to the 2021 show in September but I'd appreciate some information if the invitation still stands, and if not to be told that is the case.

Peter

Edited by kirtleypete
better English

With regards to their communication skills I joined three or four years ago but never received any reminder when my subs ran out. It was only after I realised I hadn't heard from them for a while I came to the conclusion that they obviously didn't care if I renewed or not!

I was a member for a while, good group, helpful and they used to put on, for me, the best show of its kind in the UK - I kind of agree that their communications need brushing up.

However AFAIK, they are mostly quite elderly gents so will have been adversely affected by the pandemic and they likely feel that while everyone is in lockdown or isolating, there are rather more important things to devote themselves to.

That’s looking at things with a brighter outlook, there is also the possibility that some members may have succumbed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The ERA web site appears to be reasonably up to date. As  has already been pointed out, ERA is operated by a few keen chaps, with limited resources, but the diary section of the web site looks bang up to date to me, and lists several planned ERA stand appearances.

I know very well how hard it is to keep an amateur web site up to date with limited time/resources

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SimonBoulton said:

I got my latest Austrian Railway Group journal delivered today and was a bit surprised to read that the ERA had organised a continental sales day with 5 layouts for today. I’d heard nothing about it, I’m sure they used to send emails when the new newsletters etc were published 

To be fair, it was quite well advertised, I'm afraid you must have been unlucky not to see a reference to it. It was on many peoples' 'go to' list - UK model shops exhibition diary, and I saw it mentioned in several other places. I realise it is sadly water under the bridge, but  If you 'google' European Railways Association Continental Sales Day you will see how many hits that serves up.

On 18/09/2021 at 22:25, SimonBoulton said:

I got my latest Austrian Railway Group journal delivered today and was a bit surprised to read that the ERA had organised a continental sales day with 5 layouts for today. I’d heard nothing about it, I’m sure they used to send emails when the new newsletters etc were published 

Simon have you pencilled in October 2nd? Wolfstatt open day plus four other layouts as advertised in the ARG journal. full details were in the summer edition.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2021 at 12:23, duff man said:

Simon have you pencilled in October 2nd? Wolfstatt open day plus four other layouts as advertised in the ARG journal. full details were in the summer edition.

I'd have love to have attended but I'm in Leipzig that day, at the big model and hobby show