L&YR Aspinall Class 23

Hello lovely people!
I want one of these....

Y11A2_LYR_752.jpg.cd363ebc7d5dd438e9da16866ea22a6d.jpg

A L&YR Aspinall Class 23 No. 752

I have had a look at several kit suppliers, but I can't see one. Do one of you gods of railways have any wisdom you can share, please?

Edited by Esmedune

• Esmedune changed the title to L&YR Aspinall Class 23

Three options in 4mm:

- LRM  (ex-George Norton) [etched brass & resin - earlier Geo. Norton version  is EB only] - available

- Cotswold Models  [White metal]  - OOP

- OO works [RTR] - OOP

Edited by CKPR
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 01/08/2021 at 22:45, Blandford1969 said:

Sorry, from here onwards Class 23 build

I have to admit that EB scares the Bejesus out of me. I am an electronics engineer by training, but I may need to have a go at a couple of wagon kits first. This example looked horrific with lumpy solder work all over it, but he really pulled it around for the undercoat.  

You want a london rd Models kit it's the best of the ones that have been produced. I've built 3 to date & they are a excellent kit. If you are new to kit building I would certainly read some of the build pages on the forum you will learn loads. Another port of call is ebay or amazon, find iain rice's book on etched loco construction. A poppys woodtech chassis jig is a good cheap tool that will aid getting your chassis square.  I'm a retired modelmaker I highly recommend both the poppys jig & London road models kits.

And while Jamie wanted to do the full etched tank version, the LRM Models kit also comes with a very nice cast resin tank. I have one to improve my old Cotswold kit, which I couldn't recommend as it comes because the cast tank supplied is a very dodgy shape.

• Agree 1