Bachmann announce NEW Class 47

AY Mod

14 minutes ago, Nimbus said:

Doesn't look as neat as typical Brush detail design, and looks prone to collecting rainwater.

I wonder if it was a customer-applied mod?

The Nim.

I'm guessing from its location that its the top of the radiator cooling system. Header tank perhaps, or maybe a modification from fitting the serck shutters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zunnan said:

I'm guessing from its location that its the top of the radiator cooling system. Header tank perhaps, or maybe a modification from fitting the serck shutters.

If I remember it's a pressure valve. The 57/0 had them and I had an incident where the cooling system fans failed and the loco when it did shut down and stop. There was a lot of steam pouring out of it

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, owentherail said:

Is there a driver on board ? 

At the risk of being really unfair, there are plenty of photographs and videos available of the model.  Why not take a close look?

Also this forum has a great search facility (you can search This Topic only for "driver").  If you use this, then you will find numerous posts on this very item starting August 4th.

Steve

7 minutes ago, 55020 said:

At the risk of being really unfair, there are plenty of photographs and videos available of the model.  Why not take a close look?

Also this forum has a great search facility (you can search This Topic only for "driver").  If you use this, then you will find numerous posts on this very item starting August 4th.

Steve

I actually find the internal search function close to useless . I normally Google “ xxxxxx on rmweb “ and get better hits 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

24 minutes ago, 55020 said:

Steve

I've not seen pic of them all, as 012 has not I guess none have, all pics could be taken from same end....... and I've got you to tell me. 

• Funny 1

Ok so I’m weak… having said I don’t want to buy one as may make me

dissatisfied with my Old 47s… the fact I model Eastfield around 1989 and don’t have a construction liveried loco in my fleet at all made 004 hard to resist… due to arrive tomorrow- I’ve also gone for the sound fitted version despite fact that generally find sound doesn’t do it for me - the price difference once you factor in cost for non sound decoder is quite small so I thought I’d try sound again… Anyway 004 needs snow ploughs and will not be getting those ones for sure… at least not without modifications.  

Whether others from this first release will follow… though I find their livery choices odd given they’ve done 2x47/8 in Intercity Swallow before which seemed at time to be slow sellers. Similarly they’ve done 2x47/3 in RFD European which again were slow sellers. I think I picked up 47834 and 47365 for around £70 in them old days!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

i'm with you on sound , always seems too tinny.

not only that i've had two expensive  sound chips go tits up at £100 a go , and that's a risk i can't take 

I heard one in the flesh it's better than average for factory fit sound....however I was disappointed that the awful horn  from the first ever factory sound 47 is still there...but more concerningly that's not 47 priming pump in the video above..that sounds like a class 37 oil pump and the two are vastly different.

Edited by pheaton
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, That Model Railway Guy said:

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon so I've put together a quick review for my YouTube channel - sharing here in case it happens to be useful or interesting to anyone.

For those who just want to see the loco running with sound feel free to skip to the 12min mark ;)

Thank you for posting. That sort of thing makes me fall in love with model railways all over again.

• Like 1

On 20/12/2021 at 19:21, Marcoblanco said:

Hi peeps, I have a deluxe version. I'll post a vid if I get a chance. Meanwhile I'm having trouble accessing cv 3and 4 to adjust.. Am I missing something,is there an index cv? I can't seem to find any info anywhere..

Mark

Mark, I've used POM to amend CV3 and 4 to something more sensible. It works fine using POM and the change is instant. Give it a go. Tony.

13 hours ago, Marcoblanco said:

Amazingly no driver ,considering Bachmann thought of everything else! [Maybe that's for the deluxe ultra version!] I wont be taking this kit apart, il live with that! A fantastic model. Il be pressed on the budget for a while.. Hopefully there's delays on the Acc' 37! 

I may be in a minority but I’m actually glad there isn’t a driver! 

For those who use their locos in both directions or have depots/stabling points they look daft as they’re either at the wrong end half the time or you’d have a depot full of drivers just sat there! Very unproductive! Lol.

Edited by Global
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

For £200-300, driver wise ,

I ‘d want a modelu laser scanned version of me , hand painted , by someone with a degree in fine art ;)

I dont.. I like to think I could still fit through the drivers door, and dont want no model to burst that bubble.

:D

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I received my 47004 yesterday and I have compared it with the other grey 47 I have which is 47231, the former 47209.

47004 has really thick yellow paint taking away the sharpness of the detail but still a nice loco, I don't think there was much wrong with the previous bodyshell apart from the surprised look of the number one end marker lights.  The chassis is a vast improvement though. 

20211222_132146.jpg.5b74df2015a234c6289e3187040b4d5f.jpg20211222_132228.jpg.df1311177125eb34ebc4c6433f11496e.jpg20211222_132245.jpg.67a765d1dd9d824968f5006b92eed288.jpg

20211222_133121.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Gold

I finally got to see one of the new Class 47's, with all the sounds, bells and whistles, working fans, tinted windows and mighty impressed I was.  Would I buy one? No.  As good as it is, I just think were heading to the realms of museum quality models which just makes me think it's possibly on the "fragile" side with more things to go wrong, drop off or just plan lose.  The other thing with models of this calibre, can they take the pounding and abuse on some peoples layouts?

As I said, I'm far from detracting from a superb model, I just think I'll get the bog standard one in a livery I'm after (WCRC) and add sound at a later date.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1