Bachmann/Farish Autumn 2021 Update

AY Mod

40 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Yay! New things. :sungum:

Maybe I'm different to many as I have quite varied tastes. I don't think there has been a recent announcement where I haven't bought something.

I have a sneaky feeling that the Bulleids will be somewhere in this or the next announcement. They surely must be due as the EPs surfaced about a year ago....

Jason

have we seen decorated samples of the Bulleids yet ?

Is there definitely going to be an announcement? The latest news on the Bachmann website is now plugging the Autumn announcements and not a peep about tomorrow. Similarly no e-mail from Collectors' Club which I thought preceded it with a link to the presentation. 

Roy

52 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Yay! New things. :sungum:

Maybe I'm different to many as I have quite varied tastes. I don't think there has been a recent announcement where I haven't bought something.

I have a sneaky feeling that the Bulleids will be somewhere in this or the next announcement. They surely must be due as the EPs surfaced about a year ago....

Jason

image.png.27ead91a1bd9bc3065eda395562384d4.png

9 minutes ago, Roy L S said:

Is there definitely going to be an announcement? The latest news on the Bachmann website is now plugging the Autumn announcements and not a peep about tomorrow. Similarly no e-mail from Collectors' Club which I thought preceded it with a link to the presentation. 

Roy

Just got my club email saying 9.30 am tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Roy L S said:

Roy

1650, link in my inbox from Bachmann

26 minutes ago, Roy L S said:

Roy

The Autumn announcements were in August, tomorrow’s are the Winter! 

3 minutes ago, Global said:

The Autumn announcements were in August, tomorrow’s are the Winter! 

Yes I know which is all the more strange as it is Autumn's that have recently been put up as part of Bachmann's "Latest News" on their website and that was my point.

Edited by Roy L S
  • Funny 1

49 minutes ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

have we seen decorated samples of the Bulleids yet ?

No idea. But they didn't release pre-release photos of many of the newer models such as the diesels going through every stage. They just announced them as the final version.

Maybe they have stopped the "Here's this stage" type of announcements?

We'll see tomorrow. If not then the Jan/Feb announcement might have them.

Jason

44 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

No idea. But they didn't release pre-release photos of many of the newer models such as the diesels going through every stage. They just announced them as the final version.

Jason

They only do that on the older pre-announced stuff which they still update on, but as there is less and less on that list then there is less of this to show in updates.

All newer models coming through development only appear when they are close to shipping so will be decorated in most cases unless it is a one off like the class 69.

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Jason

Jason, I agree with you regarding OO gauge diesel announcements (re-tools of classes 20, 24 and 47) however rolling stock is a different issue and decorated samples are usually shown months in advance of release, a recent example being the VEA van in railfreight livery which was in the autumn collectors club magazine.

8 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

When was the announcement? I know there was one announced years ago which still hasn't materialised

That is the one, announced under the old policy but still in development. 32-340 Class 25/1 25057 BR Blue & 32-341Class 25/2 D5282 BR Two-Tone Green (Small Yellow Panels).

Bruce 

5 minutes ago, D400 said:

That is the one, announced under the old policy but still in development. 32-340 Class 25/1 25057 BR Blue & 32-341Class 25/2 D5282 BR Two-Tone Green (Small Yellow Panels).

Bruce 

Ah yeah , 32-040 was announced as 25060 though I believe these may well have been the old tooling , in light of the Heljan/SLW releases I think there is a chance Bachmann may do an all singing all dancing upgrade

1 minute ago, sulzer71 said:

Ah yeah , 32-040 was announced as 25060 though I believe these may well have been the old tooling , in light of the Heljan/SLW releases I think there is a chance Bachmann may do an all singing all dancing upgrade

No these have already been confirmed as new tooling, no doubt based on the new chassis developed for the 24/1 and 24/0. 

Bruce 

1 minute ago, sulzer71 said:

Most likely to the same or similar spec to the recent 24/0 and 24/1 models as the chassis work is mostly done there, which puts it a notch down from SLW but still a damn good model all the same; but possibly with a hi-fi class 47 style deluxe option. Certainly not the old tooling! That'd be my guess.