Help....Hornby Railmaster in Preston

Hi 

Apologies to all the experts out there but Im a fifty something who after many many years is looking to revive my old Model Railway hobby. 

A few years ago I had a number of gifts inc DCC locomotives and Hornby Railmaster kit. Whilst Im not a computer genius Im equally not a luddite but cannot get Railmaster to work. I've tried all the on line help forums (and Hornby Railmaster) and spent days on trying to get it to work. Im not at the point of ditching the lot:(. Is there anybody whom lives near Preston who for a modest fee can assist me in getting this stuff to work......or should I give up?

Yours very frustrated

Thank you in advance 

Alexander

07808 053211

01772 682388

• RMweb Gold

Hi Alexander,

I would try a post on the Hornby website forum as they have a dedicated thread with lots of Railmaster users who might be able to assist you better.

At which point is it failing to work?
When you install Railmaster onto you PC there is a PDF guide, might be out of date, so go to the Hornby website as there are updated pdf documents that will go through exactly what you need to do to install and set it all up.

I have found that you need to follow the instructions exactly relating to your Windows versoin otherwise it can go wrong and not work correctly!

Regards

Ian

Without a blow by blow account of what you have done so far it is impossible to guess how to help, as there are so many variables.

Unfortunately we cannot see over your shoulder to watch what you are doing.

You may have to start from scratch and follow the posted advice word by word. Do not be tempted to uninstall RM though, just use the very latest download from the Hornby site and overwrite it onto your authorised copy.