Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

2 hours ago, pwr said:

That 150 would look really nice on your layout Andy. You could probably do with a Voyager as well but I beleive they are as rare as hens teeth.

Paul R

If anything, probably a 153 for the Branch Paul.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

This morning I've made a start on the embankment in Trewenn Harbour, the next stage will be masking Tape and PVA, then I can look at how to represent the water, I do have some ideas so I'm looking forward to that.

IMG_5870.JPG.6bad8ffd4dc615aac5e6e61222de1722.JPG

IMG_5871.JPG.23fcf0c180eb687cdae343e2ae75644d.JPG

IMG_5873.JPG.8f27114f1b6da2d3feb64482e2ba3093.JPG

IMG_5874.JPG.ac721c5b2ee47c1903dd13fafc1d4011.JPG

IMG_5875.JPG.fe53111365ddad52571975936a0823f3.JPG

The Backscene Sky demo will be out on general release tomorrow / Sunday.

• Like 15

Honestly, how do you do it? I go away for just 4 days, and come back to FIVE pages, and 3 videos! Going to need another break when I've caught up, assuming I do, because there's more coming in all the time.

Not really complaining  Andy, it's all interesting and informative, as well as pleasurable. Keep up the good work, Trevor

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

1 minute ago, shedman said:

Honestly, how do you do it? I go away for just 4 days, and come back to FIVE pages, and 3 videos! Going to need another break when I've caught up, assuming I do, because there's more coming in all the time.

Not really complaining  Andy, it's all interesting and informative, as well as pleasurable. Keep up the good work, Trevor

Cheers Trevor, Tune in about 8-30 in the morning for Video No 17:D

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 24/09/2021 at 07:45, Andrew P said:

Well we move on, and so now to Video No 16,

Very helpful tip on wiring the programming track.  Was wondering how to do it and the 3 way is a good idea. ( Didn't know about the flash over potential problem).  Only just found this forum so I have enjoyed your videos!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

26 minutes ago, lmsforever said:

Like the look of the new bridge and waterways    will be a good adition to the layout a 153  wiill be a useful unit not just for the branch .You have inspired me to make changes on my layout and it has revived my interest so thanks.

Thanks, Sorry, I'm terrible for names, but glad its inspired you and revived your interest.

Do you have a thread going? I'm sure you have, and I'm sure I've visited it some time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Edward said:

Very helpful tip on wiring the programming track.  Was wondering how to do it and the 3 way is a good idea. ( Didn't know about the flash over potential problem).  Only just found this forum so I have enjoyed your videos!

Hi Edward, Thanks and welcome to the mad house that is Bute Road. :P

Re the flash over, I don't know if it would happen or not, so my thinking is more precautionary than any other reason.

Next Video, No 17 will be up in the morning.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, simonmcp said:

Andy, for the water there is this video that is quite good. I haven't found a UK equivalent 70 Gloss varnish yet though. 

Simon

Cheers Simon, That is an excellent Video, well presented and very simplistic.

Cheers.:good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, simonmcp said:

Andy, for the water there is this video that is quite good. I haven't found a UK equivalent 70 Gloss varnish yet though. 

Hi Simon,

Nice link there - I have watched that video a few times over the last few months, seeking inspiration for the water on my American N gauge layout and intend to try and follow his practice when I get to that stay ... I'll let the bodgit master go first and learn from his mistakes education video productions. :dancer:

Rich

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Simon,

Nice link there - I have watched that video a few times over the last few months, seeking inspiration for the water on my American N gauge layout and intend to try and follow his practice when I get to that stay ... I'll let the bodgit master go first and learn from his mistakes education video productions. :dancer:

Rich

Cheers Rich, I need smooth reflections like I did for the Pond on New Mills, so may use Perspex again like this.

DSCF3985.JPG.1c4c572a846ed8b07533d6791318d7df.JPG

DSCF3577.JPG.775e0c9134142f4dc366f8bf7bec6ea2.JPG

imageedit_5_2248961295.gif.b78b8b6990f42bd81ea70b221c2cee01.gif

UDSCF3067.JPG.a2b51d7040e4c78ba47fbd28c21c4392.JPG

DSCF3058.JPG.50f4d9374266f0cbf1b206b9e4f23865.JPG

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

I think Perspex has a tendency to look like err, well, perspex. Far too flat and uniform. 

I remember my youf sitting fishing and even on a calm flat day water was always moving somewhere. 

Brian

ps but weren’t we promised a video around 8.30? Just saying :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, eldavo said:

We used that technique for the water on the Winchester clubs Redbridge layout. Top coats were yacht varnish.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave, yes I remember seeing that I think. I'll check out the Club for pics, I was thinking of joining, but it would be a bit of a trek on Club nights, especially in the winter Months.

Thanks for your input.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragonboy said:

I think Perspex has a tendency to look like err, well, perspex. Far too flat and uniform. 

I remember my youf sitting fishing and even on a calm flat day water was always moving somewhere. 

Brian

Thanks and YES YOU WERE, basically I forgot, its on its way now, (just up loading on to You Tube).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dragonboy said:

Brian

Not done much water. But when I have I used coloured Yacht varnish to give a stagnant industrialised water effect.

Resin can give good results. 

CS

• Thanks 1