Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

Also fitted the Sig-na Trak this morning, and cleared all the 7mm stuff from it, I just need to program in all the 4mm Stock, and then allocate Sound codes and then name all the functions, so will probably do that in the morning. 

Need to put my feet up for the afternoon now as we have a Band Rehearsal tonight, so need to store up some energy.

IMG_5987.JPG.593ed80390091dc111c80267bde384bc.JPG

Then an embankment will run along over this lot of wires.

IMG_5988.JPG.74a429c9166c6499c14cb93e69d8024a.JPG

Also put the holders in for the two hand sets.

IMG_5989.JPG.d14ca534caa980f14e734ec2c3f23563.JPG

• Like 12

Great new video Andy. But knock me down with a feather - passenger stock and a 153 to come!! Things are looking up. Will we see a GWR liveried 4 car HST castle set or an IEP?

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Andy the backscene demo video was a pleasure to watch and will help me when I come to paint a backscene.:good:

Thanks Kevin, Glad you enjoyed them and found them useful. Good luck with yours.:good:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pwr said:

Great new video Andy. But knock me down with a feather - passenger stock and a 153 to come!! Things are looking up. Will we see a GWR liveried 4 car HST castle set or an IEP?

Paul

Yes I know Paul, the medication is wearing off and I weakened, and yes possibly a 153 one day, but definitely NO to a IEP, and probably No to an HST, mainly on cost grounds.

But never say never. OR I could always borrow my mates one.:dancer:

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Did I spot this loco on your layout a while back? 

860957250_Class66Sunderland-R3902.jpg.7c0f803469ae258ec41e1cace5b4be97.jpg

The reason I ask is that (1) I'm a Sunderland fan and nearly bought one but resisted because it's grossly wrong era for Deneside and (2) I've just spotted it down the road (Thames side Essex) on a rail head treatment train. Being named as it is I would have thought the loco would have been based up north and I wondered at the time I saw it on Bute Road whether you were using rule 1 but it seems to get about a bit. 

Great work on the layout BTW. 

Regards 

Brian 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Did I spot this loco on your layout a while back? 

860957250_Class66Sunderland-R3902.jpg.7c0f803469ae258ec41e1cace5b4be97.jpg

The reason I ask is that (1) I'm a Sunderland fan and nearly bought one but resisted because it's grossly wrong era for Deneside and (2) I've just spotted it down the road (Thames side Essex) on a rail head treatment train. Being named as it is I would have thought the loco would have been based up north and I wondered at the time I saw it on Bute Road whether you were using rule 1 but it seems to get about a bit. 

Great work on the layout BTW. 

Regards 

Brian 

Hi Brian, Yes I do have 725, but not in that Livery, 

IMG_5991.JPG.af7c78bec9c4e1aa5ba762955ca020fe.JPG

I also have Blue Lightning for which I have a follower on here.

IMG_5990.JPG.6f39e4046560faac55fb0a169e3ee921.JPG

I REALLY MUST FOR THE DETAILS AND NAME PLATES. :rolleyes:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8

All the Locos are now entered into the Sig-na Trak, and the Sound functions listed, and as all the Boxes are out for the paperwork, I'm going to make a start tomorrow on fitting all the detailing bits. 

Then its back to work on the Layout, and finish Video No 22 ready for up loading.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Well done Andy - plenty of running days on the dark winter nights ahead!

Abso bloomin loot ley Rich, Had a nice few days away from working on the Layout with our Band Rehearsal on Friday night, a rest yesterday and out for a nice Curry last night.

As I said, tomorrow I will start to fit all the bits like pipes and Snow Ploughs etc, and then probably start  work on the actual Layout again on Tuesday.

I've also got a Footbridge Kit to build at some point.

• Like 5

So, Trewithen originally had two Stations, Trewithen Major, and Bute Road. After a fire at Trewithen Major the decision was made by the local Squire that Bute Road should stay open as it was nearer to his Land, and therefore more convenient for travelling to the big City etc.

Hence Trewithen Major was closed and the land sold off cheaply to,,,,,,, YES You guessed it, The Squire.:D.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5
  • Round of applause 1

56 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

OR, UNTIDY, :othis is ready for my embankment and hillside formers.:P

IMG_5997.JPG.a8b3f831ba0440e3efa9ad7101bfd072.JPG

One says you have to have an appetite for building a layout.....!

And there Ladies and Gentlemen is the proof.

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 4

1 minute ago, KNP said:

One says you have to have an appetite for building a layout.....!

And there Ladies and Gentlemen is the proof.

Never let a good Layout get in the way of a cake.:dancer:

• Agree 4
  • Funny 6