Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

48 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Cracking stuff Andy as I said some pages back it’ll all be on the market by Easter next year :sungum:

Your energy puts many of us to shame:blush: 

Cheers Martin, but it will still be far from finished this time next year, there's so much to do. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Temporary Road surface in and painted along with the Harbour wall and Slipway has had its first coat.

It will need some more and then the Wall Mortar and High Tide water line.

IMG_6019.JPG.a15de95e6fa5e4217235a5cce4903041.JPG

IMG_6017.JPG.fa10140173356ce868c26edfdd7d3ee2.JPG

IMG_6018.JPG.ab4bd28be41c941c640252ffa40695bc.JPG

That is going to have to be a well executed hand brake turn the driver of the Anglia will have to make going down the ramp to the beach.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 10

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

That is going to have to be a well executed hand brake turn the driver of the Anglia will have to make going down the ramp to the beach.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to see how the 4 x 4's manage with a Jet Ski and Trailer reversing down there:laugh:

• Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Martin, but it will still be far from finished this time next year, there's so much to do. 

Can we quote you on that Andy?

:jester:

• Funny 6

Nice delivery this morning from Anyscale Models https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/anyscalemodels/ thanks to a tip off from Stu, @Stubby47 on his Trelothen Thread.

I now have some Boats for the Harbour, although one has sunk already, some bollards for around the Quay and some Electric Cabinets for the Lineside.

IMG_6020.JPG.0f3ddb4d3d3d21abc14ee2800c4cb536.JPG

IMG_6021.JPG.de3103beb5dcb46ebb0be2c5ff7cde14.JPG

Plus a couple more I forgot to photograph.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to see how the 4 x 4's manage with a Jet Ski and Trailer reversing down there:laugh:

Going by what I've seen of such drivers of those vehicles trying to get their boats into or out of the river they have a simplistic approach - they unhook the trailer.  As many of 'em can't even properly park one of their 'tanks' in the  average car park I suspect their trailer reversing abilities won't amount to much.

• Agree 4
  • Funny 7

I then did the Bridge over the River Wenn.

I found a couple of bits of angle Plastruct and made it into a U section to look like a Girder, and then used a Wills Varigirder Kits for the top bit.

IMG_6023.JPG.28563cbc76d580b8bbaf7b48f9591026.JPG

IMG_6026.JPG.cfe8ee081222086c43e4559e3dedfe9b.JPG

IMG_6027.JPG.540215baec10b623de9f7d99dfacea3e.JPG

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

2 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Going by what I've seen of such drivers of those vehicles trying to get their boats into or out of the river they have a simplistic approach - they unhook the trailer.  As many of 'em can't even properly park one of their 'tanks' in the  average car park I suspect their trailer reversing abilities won't amount to much.

I can almost hear the SPLASH coming from here.:laugh:

Might make a nice Cameo Scene.:laugh::laugh:

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Whilst in Golant (on the Lostwithiel to Carne Point, Fowey) line once, some not so clever person had left his car across the line whilst he launched his boat. A passing 37 managed to bend the car so that the headlights and rear lights were almost facing the same direction.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

3 minutes ago, simonmcp said:

Whilst in Golant (on the Lostwithiel to Carne Point, Fowey) line once, some not so clever person had left his car across the line whilst he launched his boat. A passing 37 managed to bend the car so that the headlights and rear lights were almost facing the same direction.

Funnily enough, I did consider a Level Crossing here, (see pic below)  but would need more wiring and Signals, although the approach from the left would be controlled by the Station Starter and to the right, by a Signal the other side of the short, (think Dawlish) Tunnel.

1495461_IMG_6016-Copy.JPG.796899485cfb0b5e7b9bc0a7668715e0.JPG

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I can almost hear the SPLASH coming from here.:laugh:

Might make a nice Cameo Scene.:laugh::laugh:

You could have a 4x4 stranded in the water at high tide and a group of people debating as to what to do on the ramp :senile: maybe a Jeremy Clarkson type :scratchhead:

• Like 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Nice delivery this morning from Anyscale Models https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/anyscalemodels/ thanks to a tip off from Stu, @Stubby47 on his Trelothen Thread.

I now have some Boats for the Harbour, although one has sunk already, some bollards for around the Quay and some Electric Cabinets for the Lineside.

When I first read that Andy, I some how in my mind did not see the 'some' word after 'one has sunk already' ... and then misread the next ... the whole experience suggested it had gone wrong ... then I re-read it and realised you were talking bollards about the quay! Sorry, I mean bollards for the quay ... oops! :D

Those boats (sunken or otherwise) look good before being painted. I presume they are 3D prints?

Edited by MarshLane
  • Funny 2

13 minutes ago, gismorail said:

You could have a 4x4 stranded in the water at high tide and a group of people debating as to what to do on the ramp :senile: maybe a Jeremy Clarkson type :scratchhead:

Haha, NOOOOOOoooooooo not that crowd please.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

When I first read that Andy, I some how in my mind did not see the 'some' word after 'one has sunk already' ... and then misread the next ... the whole experience suggested it had gone wrong ... then I re-read it and realised you were talking bollards about the quay! Sorry, I mean bollards for the quay ... oops! :D

Far to much wine Rich.:lol: Now I'm confused. :D

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah you heading towards the Farnham show (at Aldershot) this coming weekend Andy?  Might be a bit too far from Pompey-ish land but it's usually a good show with a decent cuppa if the catering is working as normal.  Three of us RMweb types are intending to on the Sunday as we think Saturday might be rather hectic.

https://farnhammrc.org.uk/?page_id=158

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Ah you heading towards the Farnham show (at Aldershot) this coming weekend Andy?  Might be a bit too far from Pompey-ish land but it's usually a good show with a decent cuppa if the catering is working as normal.  Three of us RMweb types are intending to on the Sunday as we think Saturday might be rather hectic.

https://farnhammrc.org.uk/?page_id=158

Hi Mike, Thanks for that, its only about 50 minutes from home, so might give it a go, TBH I have been dubious up to now, and I'm still cautious in Shops etc and wear a mask.

I'll PM you Fri or Sat if I decided to go, and it would really be great to put a face and Voice to a name and have a chat over coffee and cake.

I'll be in touch either way.

Cheers.

• Friendly/supportive 1