Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

On 04/11/2021 at 10:40, Iron Horse said:

It gets worse Andy, the adverts are getting annoying on RTT as well now, to the extent on Firefox you can't even interact with the popup to close it on some platforms!!!!!!!!

Layout looking fab though ;)

I struggle massively with what era to run, I love the 80's when I was out bashing but I love the modern scene as well. So to that end I'm trying to model the 1980's but every so often it'll be a compromise of dumping the modern stuff on and effectively run a train set :lol:

Hi Adrian, Cheers and again, the same to you as others, I missed a whole load of posts yesterday, so apologies.

I'm the same with era, I like anything from Blue to today, but cant afford it all, unfortunately. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 04/11/2021 at 10:40, Iron Horse said:

It gets worse Andy, the adverts are getting annoying on RTT as well now, to the extent on Firefox you can't even interact with the popup to close it on some platforms!!!!!!!!

Layout looking fab though ;)

I struggle massively with what era to run, I love the 80's when I was out bashing but I love the modern scene as well. So to that end I'm trying to model the 1980's but every so often it'll be a compromise of dumping the modern stuff on and effectively run a train set :lol:

Rule 1 and why not.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Trevor, sorry for the late reply, I seemed to miss a whole load from yesterday.

Yes your right, but what a lot of these Companies don't get is the fact that people switch off when they come on, so they are paying out good money for nothing.

But without them RM web and others would not be able to function ... its annoying but a fact of modern digital life.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Bit of an early morning ritual for me after Bonfire night, or any local displays. My morning walk produced 3 Rocket Sticks. I will have another walk in another area on my way for my Flu Jab later.

If I were to buy those bits from a Model Shop it would probably be 2 or 3 quid's worth, and got em for nought,:D plus I got some exercise in the process.

Some bits will be for the side of the Harbour wall.

IMG_6368.JPG.520db411c699b782d446ce859ac18b3e.JPG

• Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 3

3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Bit of an early morning ritual for me after Bonfire night, or any local displays. My morning walk produced 3 Rocket Sticks. I will have another walk in another area on my way for my Flu Jab later.

If I were to buy those bits from a Model Shop it would probably be 2 or 3 quid's worth, and got em for nought,:D plus I got some exercise in the process.

What a cracking idea Mr Peter’s Miss Tromburgh or what ever she call’s herself will be thrilled about your environmental awareness not only have you saved money but with the burn marks there are ready weathered . :senile:

• Funny 4

9 minutes ago, gismorail said:

What a cracking idea Mr Peter’s Miss Tromburgh or what ever she call’s herself will be thrilled about your environmental awareness not only have you saved money but with the burn marks there are ready weathered . :senile:

Yep, plus the keep fitters will be well impressed I hope.:dancer:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I'm most disappointed with you Mr Peters I would have thought that a man of your dedication and vitality would have been catching them before they had time to land.

It does just show you though what you can do with things that everybody else would just class as tat.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

11 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I'm most disappointed with you Mr Peters I would have thought that a man of your dedication and vitality would have been catching them before they had time to land.

It does just show you though what you can do with things that everybody else would just class as tat.

I did get some strange looks.:laugh:

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
On 04/11/2021 at 02:31, Andrew P said:

Again, not sure if its just me, but over the last few days I have a NEW Boots and other Adds that appears as a strip, top right of the screen and COVERING the Contents I follow link, and there is, NO "X" to get rid of it, so I now have to go to the bottom of the page and use that Contents I follow link, once I've KILLED OFF the rolling Add from the right hand side, that is usually hiding that one. :angry:

I may have some time out of here, as I'm finding it very frustrating at the moment.

Download AdBlocker Ultimate. You'll never see a pop up add again! If only it was available on Spotify (music).

Regards Shaun 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

35 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Download AdBlocker Ultimate. You'll never see a pop up add again! If only it was available on Spotify (music).

Regards Shaun 

Cheers Shaun, Last time I tried an add blocker I couldn't even access RM Web or half my usual sites, I'll put up with it for now, but thanks for the heads up anyway mate.:good:

• Friendly/supportive 3

I had some more of the walling arrive this week from Model Railway Bits, and so I did a basic dark colour this morning before going for the Flu jab.

When I got home I added some highlight colour and started to find homes for them.

First up was to replace the poorly made and BODGED Brick wall that was in front of the Harbour Pub.

As it was, to hide the hinge.

1531398426_IMG_6075-Copy.JPG.b86584ca792ce0dd8014576f0f695fa1.JPG

And now, it still needs finishing off and blending in, but much better already I think.

IMG_6374.JPG.00d43a4bf71f38ee81cb4545e0e44017.JPG

IMG_6375.JPG.b7aa10feffac355774b385ffb0a0c725.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13

Next up I continued the wall behind the Chapel up the Hill to Whites Cottage.

I've added a dog leg in the wall to narrow the Lane and make it more interesting.

Once again, it needs bedding in and finishing off.

IMG_6376.JPG.68f01d2419fd1b0eae72253c1687d247.JPG

IMG_6377.JPG.cf611151a8caf8650d88dee7c5983b3b.JPG

• Like 15

I then moved down to the Station area, and in particular, the wall around the Greystones Cottage.

Again, not fixed yet.

IMG_6378.JPG.d4db50979e1d41c755c16edc2d07d7d9.JPG

IMG_6379.JPG.480c761ad76082bb7592bf63584be561.JPG

The Station fencing will go along the pencil line to form this side of the Garden, although I may put walling this side as well.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, AdeMoore said:

Coming along lovely Andy.

Particularly like the shot and the curves coming out of the tunnel.

Cheers 

Cheers Ade, BTW I did check out that York Station Build in the Prototype Section, that you suggested, its not my thing, but truly amazing modelling.

• Agree 1

Had a very busy few days with the Band, and so very little done on here.

I did intend to make a start on the Ballasting last Thursday, but LAZYNESS got in the way. I have done a few bits as you have seen for next weeks Video, and I hope to do more before committing to saving it next Thursday.

I do hope the lazyness doesn't last long, I have ideas I want to show. :swoon:

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Had a very busy few days with the Band, and so very little done on here.

I did intend to make a start on the Ballasting last Thursday, but LAZYNESS got in the way. I have done a few bits as you have seen for next weeks Video, and I hope to do more before committing to saving it next Thursday.

I do hope the lazyness doesn't last long, I have ideas I want to show. :swoon:

Lazyness has got in the way of my ballasting. I have a big pot of ballast to apply, it has sat there looking at the layout for the last 3 years.

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3