Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

7 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Andy,

A Happy, if sommewhat belated, New Year

I hope the layout building goes well now we are in the New Year.

I'm looking forward to the updates and videos as the layout progresses - I'm sure you will have some surprises up your sleeve.

David

Thanks Dave, I have a Video planned for Friday, but again, something different I hope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 09/08/2021 at 07:03, Andrew P said:

........ yes back to a Roundy and 4mm, lets see what happens next.:D

Hi Andy,

There I was thinking you were lost to O gauge for ever, tune out for a while and suddenly there are 58 pages of Andy's Kings Moreton style modelling in just a few months for me to catch up on. Nice to see you with the OO mojo alive and well, and all those lovely sweeping curves etc.

Regards,

Colin

Edited by BWsTrains
corr'n
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Andy wishing you a belated Christmas Greeting and a great New Year.

Thanks for your help and videos too.

Best

Hi Barnaby, Thanks very much and belated Christmas and New Year Greeting to you too, I must pop back over to 7mm and see how your all doing over there.

All the best.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Cheers Colin, Good to see you back and so belated Christmas and New Year Greeting to you too.

Your mention of Kings Moreton will be raised in Fridays New Year Video I hope. To catch up on the previous Videos from here go to You Tube = Andy Peters Model Railways, No 40 will be out on Friday.

All the best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning all, and a short Video for todays showing the new Yard and progress on the Harbour, plus some bits from Kings Moreton and New Mills, as not a lot has been done on here over Christmas and New Year.

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Very nice to see some blasts from the past in there. 

Maybe a 5 mins retrospective each time you do a video as I’m sure you’ve many new followers on here that may not have seen your back catalogue. 

Brian

Edited by Dragonboy
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, Dragonboy said:

Very nice to see some m blasts from the past in there. 

Maybe 5 mins retrospective each time you do a video as I’m sure you’ve many new followers on here that may not have seen your back catalogue. 

Brian

That's exactly my thoughts last night after finishing this one, so I will do some G-TAP Shorts, about 5 minutes both on Bute Road and also some older ones. 

I will still do the general Bute Road Up Dates and build separately though.

So something like this from a back catalogue.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks Andy  interesting how you are doing the water I have none on my layout at the moment but you never know as I am continualy rebuilding .The shots of New Mills were very pleasing as I always liked it and the stock that ran on it.  I have followed your builds over time and you have a talent for building interesting and well operated layouts and I have nicked many of your ideas so thank you very much.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Thanks Andy  interesting how you are doing the water I have none on my layout at the moment but you never know as I am continualy rebuilding .The shots of New Mills were very pleasing as I always liked it and the stock that ran on it.  I have followed your builds over time and you have a talent for building interesting and well operated layouts and I have nicked many of your ideas so thank you very much.

Thanks Chris, glad its of some help and also of interest, cheers for your input.

• Like 1

Hello Andy, I've just watched your latest video.  The harbour is looking really good.  Is that a Signa Track controller you have with 2 hand held controllers?  My local model shop owner was telling me about them last time I was in.  How do you rate them?  I am after a new controller as I am still on a Hornby Select!  I was keeping my eye on a NCE Power Powercab but I have not made my mind up on this yet.

Thanks

Peter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Powerhaul 70 Pey said:

Hello Andy, I've just watched your latest video.  The harbour is looking really good.  Is that a Signa Track controller you have with 2 hand held controllers?  My local model shop owner was telling me about them last time I was in.  How do you rate them?  I am after a new controller as I am still on a Hornby Select!  I was keeping my eye on a NCE Power Powercab but I have not made my mind up on this yet.

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter, and Thanks, I have the Sig naTrack and a Gaugemaster Prodigy 2, I rate them both as 9.5 out of 10.

The Prodigy has the better hand set as it has more buttons, but you can only see the first 10 functions on the Screen and also need to go to; Shift 1 0  etc to get above 10, i.e shift 1 1 = f11.

The SignaTrack only has 5 Buttons on the hand set, but the main screen can show all 28 Functions, and you can name them for each individual Loco, so you dont have to remember that F17 is .......... ect. or that Buffering up on that particular Loco if F? etc. 

Here's some screen shots.

1, = The basic screen. You will see that the Main Screen has both a slider and Inc / Dec pads for speed control.IMG_6862.JPG.d434a62010b8de52b8c617b38f6c49e0.JPG

IMG_6865.JPG.f6c33f6c954a27ebb40ee2fc9a6ec47e.JPG

2, Loco Details, DCC Code and Speed Steps + Direction.

IMG_6863.JPG.b0722ac17204bc200c83805ced0e4774.JPG

3, = All 28 Functions can be named, and as its a touch screen, you just touch the pad with your finger or probe.

And you can change each Function to Green for Instant, or Blue for Latch on or off.

IMG_6864.JPG.241b6db225b03c83a911e0fb66b52772.JPG

4, = Hand control Screen, up to 4, (I only have 2, PLUS the main screen gives you up to 5  Locos under control.IMG_6866.JPG.1cf91a77950e6602bc8e0c540d66eed6.JPG

5, = Programming Screen for Main or Prog Track. Plus checking Chip Manufactures if a second hand Loco that your not sure of.

IMG_6867.JPG.25c1d20a661b7214359e9db2794d6839.JPG

6, = Accessories Screen for Points / Signals if required, (I have used it in the past, but not on this Layout).

IMG_6868.JPG.13c30c49b33f09371218bf6aaf985a7c.JPG

7, = System set up screen for naming Locos, Functions, Accessories, and Consisting, (I really must try Consisting some time). Also I have all my Locos set to 128 Speed Steps as it is done on the Controller.

IMG_6869.JPG.b2c10b4ee2d7117bc613d1bbf8aa6eda.JPG

8, = The Hand controller, which I do like a lot, apart from its limited buttons, but I generally have the main screen open to TOUCH functions that I want.

IMG_6870.JPG.fc621f1fa382e47618063c1a529866bb.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Have seen the images of you using this controller on a previous layout I did have a look at it. At the time I looked it did not support macros - I use these on the Powercab for route selection.

Having said that your controller has a lot of advantages, especially being able to name functions - this is a real pain as each chip manufacturer seems to do their own thing. :( I ended up with an A3+ chart to map them!

Cheers, keep the photos coming please,

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks for the information on the Signa Trak controller Andy, really useful.  The option of 2 handsets could be a really good feature for hosting running sessions as my guest and I could both take control of a train on each line.  As a end to end layout it is a little tricky to keep tabs on each train and give them a proper "drive".

Thanks again.

• Friendly/supportive 3

11 minutes ago, Danemouth said:

Have seen the images of you using this controller on a previous layout I did have a look at it. At the time I looked it did not support macros - I use these on the Powercab for route selection.

Having said that your controller has a lot of advantages, especially being able to name functions - this is a real pain as each chip manufacturer seems to do their own thing. :( I ended up with an A3+ chart to map them!

Cheers, keep the photos coming please,

Dave

Cheers Dave, I'm not computer literate so no idea about a macros, but I do like the function naming.

The other great thing is you can give Chip Makers a Letter Code; A, B, C etc.

So, If you have a Class 47 chip from say SWD, and you give it, say code A for example, and then you buy a Class 37 Chip from them, and the Functions are in the same order, you just allocate "A" to the 37. You will get all the correct sound for a 37, from the functions on the pad.

Like wise then if you have Zimo from Digi Trains, you could give that B or C, and then allocate that to any Loco with a Zimo chip providing the functions are in the same order.

You can see the function letters in the screen pics above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

RIPPING IT UP.:o

This morning I made a start to RIP UP the area over the Work Bench.

I have decided to move the Station, and so I have added some Timber to the area over the Bench and there will be a New Station built there, with two short strait Platforms, serving the Up and Down Main Lines and the By Directional Loop.

The New Station Building that came with the NSE Commuter Set will go on the Road Bridge.

IMG_6873.JPG.3e1c0e73b1d2d1e613b30296b8f51540.JPG

IMG_6875.JPG.37e58b4fa5da68dbc3142eae21228422.JPG

IMG_6874.JPG.605de6a60a747b01d508bbb76ccd7c42.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

14 minutes ago, Danemouth said:

I saw the headline at the start of your last post and thought "he's at it again". It was only when I read below that I realised it wasn't the whole lot being ripped up :mellow:

Dave

YET.:banghead:

No, there are some more exciting changes coming soon.

Watch this space.:fie::dancer:

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

YET.:banghead:

No, there are some more exciting changes coming soon.

Watch this space.:fie::dancer:

You just can't stop yourself, can you? :read:

On 07/01/2022 at 19:30, Powerhaul 70 Pey said:

Thanks for the information on the Signa Trak controller Andy, really useful.  The option of 2 handsets could be a really good feature for hosting running sessions as my guest and I could both take control of a train on each line.  As a end to end layout it is a little tricky to keep tabs on each train and give them a proper "drive".

Thanks again.

I have seen him use it, live. I didn't have a clue what he was doing or how it worked. :scratchhead:

Oddly when Mr P came for the return match at Sheffield Exchange, he was confused by my old fashioned DC. He didn't even join in making "Chuff Chuff" or "Brumm Brumm" sounds but expected the n-gins to do that themselves. :swoon:

• Like 3
  • Funny 7

21 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

You just can't stop yourself, can you? :read:

I have seen him use it, live. I didn't have a clue what he was doing or how it worked. :scratchhead:

Oddly when Mr P came for the return match at Sheffield Exchange, he was confused by my old fashioned DC. He didn't even join in making "Chuff Chuff" or "Brumm Brumm" sounds but expected the n-gins to do that themselves. :swoon:

I like to keep the Punters guessing Clive, You won't believe whats coming next.:notme:

As for Cuff Chuff / Brumm Brumm, I was to busy drinking tea and watching your stock fly around, :swoon:g.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I like to keep the Punters guessing Clive, You won't believe whats coming next.:notme:

As for Cuff Chuff / Brumm Brumm, I was to busy drinking tea and watching your stock fly around, :swoon:g.

You are going to scrap the layout and reinvest your money into a 10 inch gauge Deltic with a real diesel engine and you can squeeze into to drive around the garden?

• Funny 8

31 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

You are going to scrap the layout and reinvest your money into a 10 inch gauge Deltic with a real diesel engine and you can squeeze into to drive around the garden?

Funnily enough, one chap I sold some O Gauge to has sold it all on, and bought a Battery powered Class 20 in about 10 inch gauge, ride on and go out for a drive on Club days.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

31 minutes ago, lmsforever said:

Well  Andy I thought you were getting a bit set in your ways thia is going to be interesting  its fun to walk into the layout room take a look and say thats all being changed  !

Its probably why the Station area never got developed, it must have been at the back of my mind.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1