Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

New G-TAP Shorts.

No 1.

Just a wonderful atmosphere in your videos!  Especially in the Bute Road clip:  you see the train in distance, it gradually approaches,  sounds increase, it fills the frame and departs, all at a nice realistic speed. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Edward said:

Just a wonderful atmosphere in your videos!  Especially in the Bute Road clip:  you see the train in distance, it gradually approaches,  sounds increase, it fills the frame and departs, all at a nice realistic speed. 

Cheers Edward, Thanks for the comment and glad you enjoyed it.:good:

So back outside this morning and Platform No1 at the far side is fixed in place, The Island Platform will be fixed once the two Running Lines are in and wired up again for testing, then the Loop will go in, I'm not sure about the Diamond Crossing yet.

IMG_6879.JPG.3aaa8fa912c902ae723bb640ca08fe61.JPG

IMG_6880.JPG.c515af23ea40474be9e279d6d069c627.JPG

IMG_6881.JPG.8894211ede29232cf18ff24a33b3affd.JPG

IMG_6878.JPG.0fa743f4a9890e5ae50a8fd9cf2ebc5e.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

I’d personally go for B but have platform 3 taken out and have fencing there and use that for a freight passing loop, then have a diamond crossing from platform 1 across and use the bi-directional line as a freight loop/ yard, Just a thought but obviously it’s completely up to you. :good:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Andy, I also like plan B and I agree with Jack97m but I would put a out of use single end siding with track lifted here and there in addition where you have the through sidings..... just a thought

Edited by jcarta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

B as well I do find it difficult to imagine the sidings sitting well over a hedge from the estuary. A lot of work to rip up though and they flow so well next to the main line so B but probably A!

Cheers

Ade

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jack97m said:

I’d personally go for B but have platform 3 taken out and have fencing there and use that for a freight passing loop, then have a diamond crossing from platform 1 across and use the bi-directional line as a freight loop/ yard, Just a thought but obviously it’s completely up to you. :good:

Cheers Jack, can you sketch out your idea please? Thanks.

1 hour ago, jcarta said:

Andy, I also like plan B and I agree with Jack97m but I would put a out of use single end siding with track lifted here and there in addition where you have the through sidings..... just a thought

Cheers Jim, can you sketch out where please? Cheers.

6 minutes ago, AdeMoore said:

B as well I do find it difficult to imagine the sidings sitting well over a hedge from the estuary. A lot of work to rip up though and they flow so well next to the main line so B but probably A!

Cheers

Ade

Hi Ade, Cheers, The Sidings will come easy, and it makes the Layout look a lot longer without them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So back outside this morning and Platform No1 at the far side is fixed in place, The Island Platform will be fixed once the two Running Lines are in and wired up again for testing, then the Loop will go in, I'm not sure about the Diamond Crossing yet.

IMG_6879.JPG.3aaa8fa912c902ae723bb640ca08fe61.JPG

IMG_6880.JPG.c515af23ea40474be9e279d6d069c627.JPG

IMG_6881.JPG.8894211ede29232cf18ff24a33b3affd.JPG

IMG_6878.JPG.0fa743f4a9890e5ae50a8fd9cf2ebc5e.JPG

Based on the plans shown later I'd put in a single slip with the slip road leading from the yard to Platform 2.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Jack, can you sketch out your idea please? Thanks.

The track plan is the same as Idea B Just with a single slip from platform 1 across to the yard and then no platform 3 just a fence or something across the back of the platform 

• Informative/Useful 1

6 hours ago, pwr said:

B works for me but would you not be better off with the SWT shed where the portacabin is on the other side of the tracks. Otherwise it looks a bit crammed in

Paul R

Hi Paul, I like your thinking, I'll have a look at that in the morning, but I think the area is a bit tight and on a tightish curve as well.

I like new ideas, they get me thinking outside of the box.:good:

3 hours ago, KDG said:

Think you'll find it operationally boring if you get rid of the sidings Andy

That was my first thoughts, but I never found Kings Moreton or New Mills boring, so will give that some more thoughts before ripping that side up.

Cheers for your in put Andy. :good:

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Paul, I like your thinking, I'll have a look at that in the morning, but I think the area is a bit tight and on a tightish curve as well.

I like new ideas, they get me thinking outside of the box.:good:

One of my customers when I was running my pet care business had a sign above the cat litter tray "NO thinking outside the box".

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Interesting developments Andy.  Personally, I would retain the sidings (in A) as somewhere to store stock as I assume your fiddle yard has a certain limit on capacity.  Otherwise you would be forever taking stock off or putting it back on the layout.

Just my thoughts for what they're worth.

Regards,

Brian.

Edited by Brian D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1