Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

21 hours ago, Brian D said:

Interesting developments Andy.  Personally, I would retain the sidings (in A) as somewhere to store stock as I assume your fiddle yard has a certain limit on capacity.  Otherwise you would be forever taking stock off or putting it back on the layout.

Just my thoughts for what they're worth.

Regards,

Brian.

Hi Brian, As always, your thoughts are very valid. I do need some Siding Space, but also IF I can include a Unit Depot then that also will help to relieve the Fiddle Yard of Stock, so looking at all possibilities and angles at the moment.

Cheers.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AndyB said:

Sooo, sticking with the OO malarkey then, are we? 

One day I'll convince you to downsize. :yes:

I did think about N before embarking on this project, but decided that fat fingers and shaky hands at times was not a good combination to delicate little N Gauge Models.

I am still looking forward to coming up to see your Layout later in the Spring.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, David Bell said:

My word Andy, I dip out of RMWeb for a week or two and come back to find it is all change at Bute Road.

Looking good though and I really like that 1930's style station building. 

Cheers

David

H David, Good to have you back, and yes, that Art Deco Building is good, and as it came with the 416 set, it would have been a shame not to use it.

Watch out for more developments again soon.:notme:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I did think about N before embarking on this project, but decided that fat fingers and shaky hands at times was not a good combination to delicate little N Gauge Models.

I am still looking forward to coming up to see your Layout later in the Spring.

Looking forward to you, Mike and Bob coming over too.

When I dropped down to N gauge the biggest adjustment wasn't so much how fiddly parts are, but in thinking in the new scale. I ended up with no more track than I'd have done in OO gauge; less perhaps.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Very enjoyable viidio    Andy  like the developments with the new station ,the views of other layouts were very interesting. They show just what a varied hobby we are involved in  from your scottish n gauge to the surburban oo gauge layouts. Your  efforts with the paint brush have inspired me to have a go at painting a backscene  I shall be looking at various views to pick out some ideas.Thanks for the vids and inspiration Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enjoyed the latest video Andy did wonder why you’d been a bit quite now we know the old cogs have been turning again ……..rust alert !!!! :boast:I think the moving of the station is a cracking idea and I like the concept of only modelling one end of the station it gives you so much more room for storage etc . Keep up the good work me old mucker :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Great video Buddy, the station looks far better on the straight, l hate stations on curves, as the never look right to me with the length of the coaches, always big gaps with plenty of room for passengers to fall down ?...

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

7 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Very enjoyable viidio    Andy  like the developments with the new station ,the views of other layouts were very interesting. They show just what a varied hobby we are involved in  from your scottish n gauge to the surburban oo gauge layouts. Your  efforts with the paint brush have inspired me to have a go at painting a backscene  I shall be looking at various views to pick out some ideas.Thanks for the vids and inspiration Chris

Thanks Chris, and glad your getting some brushes out, I look forward to seeing some results soon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, David Bell said:

Hi Andy, enjoyed your video this morning. You are right to say the older layouts are a good source of inspiration. I suspect you may not be the only one rejigging their layout!

Cheers

David

Thanks David, Looking back can be good, but also dangerous as I get far to many ideas of trying to roll every good bit from all my Layouts onto one Layout, and then pinch some other peoples ideas as well. haha.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gismorail said:

Enjoyed the latest video Andy did wonder why you’d been a bit quite now we know the old cogs have been turning again ……..rust alert !!!! :boast:I think the moving of the station is a cracking idea and I like the concept of only modelling one end of the station it gives you so much more room for storage etc . Keep up the good work me old mucker :D

Thanks Martin, and if you check out next Sundays G-Tap Shorts you will see a half Station idea in O Gauge that you may remember.

I have been quiet, not only because the Station area didn't gel with me in the  end, but also coming on here here and trying to KILL the Adds with my rampant wayward Mouse. :D

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

6 hours ago, georgeT said:

Great video Buddy, the station looks far better on the straight, l hate stations on curves, as the never look right to me with the length of the coaches, always big gaps with plenty of room for passengers to fall down ?...

Cheers George, If the Platform curve is gentle then you can sometimes get away with it, but alas, mine was to sharp.

• Like 1