Jump to content

Bute Road, A Route through the South Coast.


Andrew P
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Sound fitted Class 70 in Freightliner livery on eBay at the moment - current bid £68 (seems cheap!) with a couple of days to go...

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313664801037?hash=item4907e1090d:g:0ngAAOSwvr9hNzJB

 

In case you hadn't seen it, Mr Peters!

 

Steve S

Thanks Steve, No hadn't looked for a couple of days as I've had other expenses, but will have a look now.:good:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've decided to sell the Dutch 37, its a little to early for my period, I want to stick to 2000 to now.

I know it may still have been running in Dutch Livery, but I will stick it back on E-Bay when there is a cheepo weekend sale, or pop it on FB.

image.png.e0e8c064696cea099e2f69521b0416b2.png

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved the running session video Andy. You have now reached the point I usually get to when work on the layout slows down, or in my case stops altogether. The temptation to run trains is too much!

I liked the West Hill Wagon NEM pockets. I must look over their website.

Cheers

David 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You are a popular man Mr P.  Topic started on 9 August and roughly 33 days later this thing is on page 33 already.

 

Has some record been set here?

 

Like others I am struggling to keep up with the videos, let alone the pages.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, David Bell said:

Loved the running session video Andy. You have now reached the point I usually get to when work on the layout slows down, or in my case stops altogether. The temptation to run trains is too much!

I liked the West Hill Wagon NEM pockets. I must look over their website.

Cheers

David 

Totally agree about running stopping work on the Layout, that is always a danger.

Luckilly I'm not at the stage where that wil happen yet as I still have two boards up ended whilst fitting the Signals, so it will be another week before the Boards FINALLY go into place, in what will hopefully be the last time.

Then things will definitely slow down.:D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Bogie said:

You are a popular man Mr P.  Topic started on 9 August and roughly 33 days later this thing is on page 33 already.

 

Has some record been set here?

 

Like others I am struggling to keep up with the videos, let alone the pages.

Hi Bogie, I'm sure there are people on here that have more than one page a day.

 

And as for the Videos, next Fridays is half done.:o

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I've decided to sell the Dutch 37, its a little to early for my period, I want to stick to 2000 to now.

I know it may still have been running in Dutch Livery, but I will stick it back on E-Bay when there is a cheepo weekend sale, or pop it on FB.

image.png.e0e8c064696cea099e2f69521b0416b2.png

Makes sense , 37156 was in 3TG with Transrail markings by then and was scrapped in 2000 apparently. There weren’t many Un refurbished  37s left after EWS got all the 66s

  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Makes sense , 37156 was in 3TG with Transrail markings by then and was scrapped in 2000 apparently. There weren’t many Un refurbished  37s left after EWS got all the 66s

Cheers for the info Rob, always good to know your doing the right thing.:good:

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers for the info Rob, always good to know your doing the right thing.:good:

Yeah, it’s a shame as 37 & Dutch is a great combo, but after privatisation the unrefurbished ones were left to rot in terrible state with ripped off shed plates etc. I prefer to remember them pre EWS.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

SIGNALS  WHAT SIGNALS?:fie:

 

For those that were concentrating a few weeks backs, you may remember,  I showed pics of the Dapol Semaphore Signals I WAS going to be using on Bute Road.

 

WELL that changed last week and I'm now having all Colour Lights, its mainly as a result of visiting Ian / @Temeraire last week and re seeing his Layout, Tidworth again, it looked so good all lit up.

 

Now I know I will get screamed at as most of Cornwall is still post and arms, but its my Train Set so............:D 

 

 

Anyway I had 4 hours in The POD this morning, and fitted 6 of the 11 Signals that will now go in.

I'm waiting for two more from Train Tech, one with a Left Feather and one with a Theatre Indicator.

 

I have (badly) made up one of the Train Techs this morning with a feather for entry to the Branch. Unfortunately when I went to test it, I forgot the resistor, so blew the Red LED, so now it will only show Green and the feather.

 

There are also 4 Ground and 4 Post Signals from Berko,  the ground ones look slightly over scale, and DONOT have the correct light configuration, but I like them.

 

Anyway a couple of pics.

NOTE = they will not be fitted into the base until scenic work behind them is completed, otherwise I'm bound to smash one, OR MORE.:o

IMG_5711.JPG.faddae48415ba3ea1c86fb864ffe08ef.JPG

 

IMG_5712.JPG.36cd92a137feca6c5333a645c10bd87f.JPG

 

IMG_5708.JPG.3f579d10c8503e0c0bd6866917ce36ff.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rob D2 said:

Yeah, it’s a shame as 37 & Dutch is a great combo, but after privatisation the unrefurbished ones were left to rot in terrible state with ripped off shed plates etc. I prefer to remember them pre EWS.

Yeah, I have to admit Dutch and Sectorisation were some of the more interesting Liveries, along with Transrail, Loadhaul and Mainline.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Yeah, I have to admit Dutch and Sectorisation were some of the more interesting Liveries, along with Transrail, Loadhaul and Mainline.

Fully agree. Mainline blue was vibrant , and the logo pretty modern. Loved it. Sorry for digress - back to your layout !

96C9799E-7C5C-4DD4-81AC-037104D4D1DD.png

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Fully agree. Mainline blue was vibrant , and the logo pretty modern. Loved it. Sorry for digress - back to your layout !

96C9799E-7C5C-4DD4-81AC-037104D4D1DD.png

DIGRESS, No that's fine Rob, its a Train.:good: Loved this Livery, especially on the Tractors.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Now I know I will get screamed at as most of Cornwall is still post and arms, but its my Train Set so............

A lot, yes, but quite a bit wasn’t and even more isn’t.

Penzance was mostly colour light before the 80s, other bits have gone since.  So, obviously, your bit is one that went early!

Paul.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I need to go through my Stock, and turn off the Tail Lights.

Easy if it’s on a separate output.  Most of mine are wired to the opposite end headlights so I will need to go in and mess with PCB tracks.

Paul.

  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Easy if it’s on a separate output.  Most of mine are wired to the opposite end headlights so I will need to go in and mess with PCB tracks.

Paul.

All the Bachmann 66's and later 37's have a switch underneath the Fuel Tank so its easy on those, but cant be done on the Hornby 60 and 67's unfortunately.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

It might be worth checking any paperwork for the decoder that the loco has fitted to see if they've been wired so the tail lights are switchable via one of the function keys.

 

Failing that it might also be possible to adjust the decoder's wiring so that the rear lights can be controlled by one of the function keys that can be assigned to an AUX output. This isn't so easy if the decoder is purely plug and play.

Edited by Ray H
  • Informative/Useful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ray H said:

It might be worth checking any paperwork for the decoder that the loco has fitted to see if they've been wired so the tail lights are switchable via one of the function keys.

 

Failing that it might also be possible to adjust the decoder's wiring so that the rear lights can be controlled by one of the function keys that can be assigned to an AUX output. This isn't so easy if the decoder is purely plug and play.

They are Standard Bachmann / Hornby decoders Ray, and so have no facility to turn off the Tail Lights.  I believe the 70 has a Paul Chetter chip, so will have to check F10, his normal Tail Light function.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Confusing, = The Berko Signals have the Resistor on the Negative side, whilst the Train Track have theirs between the Positive and the Switch.

All very confusing.

  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

All the Bachmann 66's and later 37's have a switch underneath the Fuel Tank so its easy on those, but cant be done on the Hornby 60 and 67's unfortunately.

On the older 60s that use the contact and spring between the chassis and body, I just put a piece of insulation tape over the relevant contact to put the tail light off. Not so easy on the newer wired version. Cant remember the config on the 67s.

  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, CazRail said:

On the older 60s that use the contact and spring between the chassis and body, I just put a piece of insulation tape over the relevant contact to put the tail light off. Not so easy on the newer wired version. Cant remember the config on the 67s.

That's brilliant, I hadn't thought of that, I need to taker the 60's body off to fit the Crew so I'll investigate.

 

Cheers.:good:

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Confusing, = The Berko Signals have the Resistor on the Negative side, whilst the Train Track have theirs between the Positive and the Switch.

All very confusing.

I'm fairly sure it doesn't matter Andy, aslong as the resister is in the dc circuit somewhere.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Andrew P changed the title to Bute Road, A Route through the South Coast.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...