Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

2 hours ago, gismorail said:

Well it’s near Halloween so it might be scary …….I dread to thing what he has up his sleeve ……

It probably won't be O Gauge, that's for sure, it won't fit Martin.:D

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Edward said:

Thanks for the "under construction" shots, very helpful ! I've also used masking tape which seems to give a tough finish.

Thanks, and glad it is of help, it will also be in Video No 29 Edward.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Following the build in the background Andy and admire the rapid progress.

Although I understand your reasons for not ballasting the track, just wondering if you might be better painting / weathering the track before progressing too far with the 'greenery' along the rear?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Powerhaul 70 Pey said:

Looking really good Andrew.  The painting is fantastic and blends so well.  Well done.

Thanks very much, and you comments are appreciated. Cheers.

BTW, Off to have a look at your Layout now.:good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mudmagnet said:

Following the build in the background Andy and admire the rapid progress.

Although I understand your reasons for not ballasting the track, just wondering if you might be better painting / weathering the track before progressing too far with the 'greenery' along the rear?

Hi Richard, Yes a very valid point, and one I shall be addressing in the coming days. I need some more Track colour paint, and also I need some Ballast.

My preferred Ballast is Gaugemaster N Gauge, mainly because it has so many realistic colours in the mix, and not just one Grey or Brown as other Ballast suppliers seem to do.

My usual shop doesn't stock it, so I'll be making a 30 minute drive to Gaugemaster at Ford in the not to distant future, where I can also get the paint I need.

Thanks for looking in, and a jolt in the right direction.

Cheers.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Richard, Yes a very valid point, and one I shall be addressing in the coming days. I need some more Track colour paint, and also I need some Ballast.

My preferred Ballast is Gaugemaster N Gauge, mainly because it has so many realistic colours in the mix, and not just one Grey or Brown as other Ballast suppliers seem to do.

My usual shop doesn't stock it, so I'll be making a 30 minute drive to Gaugemaster at Ford in the not to distant future, where I can also get the paint I need.

Thanks for looking in, and a jolt in the right direction.

Cheers.

30 minutes from Pompey to Ford? Wow!

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Still wow! Hope you get a good run round the CHI by-pass!

What Mr P isn't letting on is that he uses his Men in Black car to do this trip. The one with the red button in the gear stick that kicks in the sub-light engines. If truth be told the journey only takes him 3 minutes he uses the other 27 minutes to ............... (well I'll leave that to your imagination)

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

which suggests its faster to go through the town...

According to Google right now, from the A27 one side of town to the A27 the other side, is indeed 4 minutes faster going through town, than via the bypass...

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Nick C said:

Indeed - much of the day, you'd be hard pressed to get round the Chi bypass alone in 32 minutes...

I often take the back road, through Rowlands Castle and Funtington, if I feel like a relaxed drive.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I often take the back road, through Rowlands Castle and Funtington, if I feel like a relaxed drive.

Yeah, I usually go cross-country too - from here via Petersfield, South Harting and Lavant. Much nicer than the A3 & A27 - or worse, the M27 with its endless roadworks...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 25/10/2021 at 11:05, Andrew P said:

What he doesn’t tell you is that if he gets stuck in a traffic jam there’s alway a modelling project to hand in the car …never misses a trick does our Andy :sungum:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1