Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

On 02/11/2021 at 08:42, pwr said:

Loving the new look Andy especially the EMU's and the video was great - loved the clickity click of the units.

I think you'll need a 4-VEP too once in funds!

Paul R

Thanks Paul, I missed a 4VEP in NSE when debating over an extra tenner.:cry:

So I bought the Blue Grey CEP instead, love it.:dancer:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Paul, I missed a 4VEP in NSE when debating over an extra tenner.:cry:

Si I bought the Blue Grey CEP instead, love it.:dancer:

It will look good with a 4 Bep and an MLV!

I am looking fiorward to the new 7mm 47 due very soon!

Paul R

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pwr said:

It will look good with a 4 Bep and an MLV!

I am looking fiorward to the new 7mm 47 due very soon!

Paul R

It will be nice to get some more Liveries later on Paul.

How many 47's are you having and what Liveries?

• Friendly/supportive 1

48 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

It will be nice to get some more Liveries later on Paul.

How many 47's are you having and what Liveries?

Just the 1970's blue version Andy

I have one of the original Heljan green versions so it will be interesting to compare the differences. I suspect there wll be a number of these available on the second hand market (and probably for ridiculous sums if Hattons prices are to be believed!). I got mine from Tower back in the day when they were selling them off for £295!

Paul R

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, pwr said:

Just the 1970's blue version Andy

I have one of the original Heljan green versions so it will be interesting to compare the differences. I suspect there wll be a number of these available on the second hand market (and probably for ridiculous sums if Hattons prices are to be believed!). I got mine from Tower back in the day when they were selling them off for £295!

Paul R

And £295 was expensive compared to OO at the time. My 47 was an original Blue, and I took a motor out and used an OO chip in it, as could be heard on the videos, and it was a great runner as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

And £295 was expensive compared to OO at the time. My 47 was an original Blue, and I took a motor out and used an OO chip in it, as could be heard on the videos, and it was a great runner as well.

Yes I always admired in on SMS

Paul R

• Thanks 1

Been out and weathered the Track.

I made a start on Monday afternoon and finished it off today, then a GOOD RUNNING SESSION purely for testing purposes you understand, NOT for pleasure.

IMG_6340.JPG.c3737d05a22748aae447aa9b811eb743.JPG

IMG_6341.JPG.6bc01d78bccb491dd55b9b1079249006.JPG

• Like 12

You would have heard the mind the gap man if you travelled on the London Underground ,when you stopped at a curved platform .His voice boomed out round the station whenever a train stopped  perhaps an annoucement when your units stop in the platform.

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, lmsforever said:

You would have heard the mind the gap man if you travelled on the London Underground ,when you stopped at a curved platform .His voice boomed out round the station whenever a train stopped  perhaps an annoucement when your units stop in the platform.

Had I know I was having Passenger stuff, I would have gone for a Different Station Layout, probably along the almost strait bit, or even hiding it under a bridge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

Looking good - although I’d be inclined to head back to the 90s and stay there as the freight was way more interesting , and were the locos, than anything 2005 plus .

Totally agree, the end of the 90;s with Sector, Mainline, Transrail,  Loadhaul still lingering on, on some Locos and the beginning of EW&S 66's.  But I do also love the DB Shenker Red and the Colas of today, again its an area I may ADD to when funds permit. I must admit to keep looking at pics of Ian, @TemeraireTidworth, and  @class"66" and @saxokid  various threads and thinking, so it is a possibility long term. 

The Passenger would be the same as I currently have, so no change there at all.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Again, not sure if its just me, but over the last few days I have a NEW Boots and other Adds that appears as a strip, top right of the screen and COVERING the Contents I follow link, and there is, NO "X" to get rid of it, so I now have to go to the bottom of the page and use that Contents I follow link, once I've KILLED OFF the rolling Add from the right hand side, that is usually hiding that one. :angry:

I may have some time out of here, as I'm finding it very frustrating at the moment.

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3