Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Lazyness has got in the way of my ballasting. I have a big pot of ballast to apply, it has sat there looking at the layout for the last 3 years.

Maybe I should take a leaf out of your Sheffield Exchange and just play Trains, which is what I did a little of earlier.:D

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Lazyness has got in the way of my ballasting. I have a big pot of ballast to apply, it has sat there looking at the layout for the last 3 years.

So if I make a suitable space on my layout for a big pot of ballast, can I let it sit there pretending I might do something someday too?

;-)
Paul.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

50 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

So if I make a suitable space on my layout for a big pot of ballast, can I let it sit there pretending I might do something someday too?

;-)
Paul.

We should ALL visit young Clive with a pot of Ballast I think.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

12 minutes ago, shedman said:

Still ok. Railways don't function well without passengers, but they NEED FREIGHT. Trevor

Mine might function more profitably if the Passenger Trains actually had some Passengers in them.:P

• Like 5
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 06/11/2021 at 08:57, Andrew P said:

Bit of an early morning ritual for me after Bonfire night, or any local displays. My morning walk produced 3 Rocket Sticks. I will have another walk in another area on my way for my Flu Jab later.

If I were to buy those bits from a Model Shop it would probably be 2 or 3 quid's worth, and got em for nought,:D plus I got some exercise in the process.

Some bits will be for the side of the Harbour wall.

IMG_6368.JPG.520db411c699b782d446ce859ac18b3e.JPG

Not so nice when they hit on and smash your skylight window ... I also remember one that probably had a twisted stick because it went right through a normal hospital window.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Kevin, its my age, I can't think what I might have been thinking about when I typed that.:nono:

Years ago after my divorce I commented to the grandfather figure in my office that I’d started looking at girls again. He said that he couldn’t see anything wrong with that and asked what my problem was? “Damned if I can remember why” was my response 

• Funny 5

18 minutes ago, muddys-blues said:

Hello Andrew, yes this is all very nice etc etc !!

Where is the Bubble Car though ? C’mon stop teasing now, let’s have some pics of it ?? 

Craig 

O.K. 

image.png.d096b2339c44195d56bc710cb386f863.png

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 12

7 hours ago, saxokid said:

Layout coming along treat Andy:locomotive:

Thanks Neil, I'm having a bit of a Lunch Time Lull at the moments with other things taking over both time and funds.

I really need to make a start on the Ballasting which I normally enjoy, but struggling to motivate my self to get started.

I've almost finished Fridays Video but its mainly running, and NOT doing, in that one, and not to long. 

Maybe I need a drive over to Eastleigh for a little divine inspiration.:D

Edited by Andrew P
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

Thud went the post today - 5 tracksettas.  But with them was December RM.  I’ll come back to your article when I get as far as grass.

‘Nice’ ending with a tempting sentence about Bench Road . . .

Paul.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5BarVT said:

Thud went the post today - 5 tracksettas.  But with them was December RM.  I’ll come back to your article when I get as far as grass.

‘Nice’ ending with a tempting sentence about Bench Road . . .

Paul.

Thanks Paul, I wasn't expecting that. 

Hornby Mag have confirmed for April 22 edition out the first week in March.

• Like 2