Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Yippee, I've opened the tub of Ballast, :dancer::good: and stared into it .:o

Now stopped for a nice cup of tea and a toasted tea cake.:swoon:

Now that is three years too early at least, you should be allowing it to mature as I am doing with my tub of ballast.

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Now that is three years too early at least, you should be allowing it to mature as I am doing with my tub of ballast.

Like a good Wine it needed consuming when opened. there is a little left in the tub if your interested.  :D

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Like a good Wine it needed consuming when opened. there is a little left in the tub if your interested.  :D

Mr Peters thank you for your kind offer. I will pass this time because there must be some more deserving poor soul who would welcome the dregs in the bottom of your tub.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

6 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Mr Peters thank you for your kind offer. I will pass this time because there must be some more deserving poor soul who would welcome the dregs in the bottom of your tub.

Yep, like my Goods Yard.:banghead:

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

6 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

October RM only arrived here last week!

WOW, that far behind,:o and I thought we all lived in a modern world where things travelled fast. How hard is it to print and throw it on tomorrows Plane?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

WOW, that far behind,:o and I thought we all lived in a modern world where things travelled fast. How hard is it to print and throw it on tomorrows Plane?

Never mind travelling fast you don’t hang about with the ballasting once you get started Mr Peters :superman:

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gismorail said:

Never mind travelling fast you don’t hang about with the ballasting once you get started Mr Peters :superman:

Its only the two Main Lines Martin, noting much, about 3 hours from start to finish once I got in the mood to make a start.:good:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

When I was working in Sydney I found a bookstall at Central (that being Central station which is simply called 'Central') which stocked various model railway magazines but my stock of mags at home was a couple of months ahead of them.  However US mags were only about one month behind their normal publication date in the USA.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

October RM only arrived here last week!

Probably cheaper to go 'Gold' with the postage costs and of course the delay.  It will therefore be a while before you catch up on Andy's latest 2-pages in RM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

When I was working in Sydney I found a bookstall at Central (that being Central station which is simply called 'Central') which stocked various model railway magazines but my stock of mags at home was a couple of months ahead of them.  However US mags were only about one month behind their normal publication date in the USA.

That must be confusing getting the Christmas Edition in February.:o 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Probably cheaper to go 'Gold' with the postage costs and of course the delay.  It will therefore be a while before you catch up on Andy's latest 2-pages in RM.

Cheers Peter, I'm still awaiting me complimentary copy that has to travel up from Devon.

Apparently I had a pic in last Months as well advertising the Gauge O Guild Show.

Mike Wild has also confirmed that Seven Mills will be in the April 2022 Hornby Mag, due out early March.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Powerhaul 70 Pey said:

Great photos of the recent ballasting.  I am really looking forward to how the Bridge scene in the 1st photo progresses as it is already looking great!

Cheers Peter, You mention the Bridge and how your looking forward to seeing how the scene progresses, well shock, horror, so am I.:swoon:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Nice ! Gonna have to get you round to paint me a backscene…..I did try ,..but it was outside my skill set 

Thanks, but don't give up Rob, you will overcome. I bet like all of us, you have learned and MASTERED a lot of new skills since starting your Railway Modelling.

• Friendly/supportive 3

2 hours ago, David Bell said:

That ballasting looks the part and what a difference it makes.

3 hours well spent I'd say.

Cheers

David

Cheers David, just the Yard to do now so this is probably the effect I'm looking for if it stays as a Virtual Quarry.

UIMG_4956.JPG.54e3645fa84206b6dca75fa3684e73d4.JPG

Or like this, if I do my own thing as a Yard, as per Argyle St.

IMG_1144.JPG.9fdeff2bcdd8f5772e43fcbfec6a0a33.JPG

• Like 7

Almost got tomorrows Video sorted, just a few bits to finish off.

PLUS, I have just realised I have about half an Hours filming of running sessions from the Pre Ballasted era, so I might use them up in a special next week.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Making really good progress Andy, my visits have been a bit sporadic due to work, but Bute Road is coming on well.  I half expected to find it finished, but no you can still see a baseboard - although it seems to have shifted significantly ... must have been one hell of an earth quake to move you from Cornwall to the South Coast :) Good decision tho for what you want I think...

Well done on the recent modelling appearances in the press...

Rich

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1