Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

44 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Making really good progress Andy, my visits have been a bit sporadic due to work, but Bute Road is coming on well.  I half expected to find it finished, but no you can still see a baseboard - although it seems to have shifted significantly ... must have been one hell of an earth quake to move you from Cornwall to the South Coast :) Good decision tho for what you want I think...

Well done on the recent modelling appearances in the press...

Rich

Thanks Rich for all the above comments, your very kind, and yes the Big Bang did move us along the Coast somewhat.:laugh:

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

When I was working in Sydney I found a bookstall at Central (that being Central station which is simply called 'Central') which stocked various model railway magazines but my stock of mags at home was a couple of months ahead of them.  However US mags were only about one month behind their normal publication date in the USA.

That was the Australian Railway Historical Society (ARHS) bookshop. A good place to while away the odd half-hour and often to discover that some colleagues were also gunzels (Eng. = gricers). It closed a few years ago and moved back to their main base (then in Redfern but now Alexandria) but later reopened on a smaller scale in a different room at Central. I think it's reopened after lockdown although haven't been down that way since we were liberated.

https://arhsnsw.com.au/

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

11 minutes ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Morning Andy nothing boring about this video. It's great to see your selection of loco and stock running. Thanks for sharing. :)

Cheers Kevin, and glad you enjoyed it. I may throw in a couple of short Running only Videos to use up the Pre Ballasted Footage that I have, but I need to sort out the clips first.

Thanks again.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Morning Andy, just watched video No 30 over a cup of coffee very enjoyable once again mate,  my favourite part of Bute Road at the moment is watching trains passing over the estuary with the village in the background, although having said that, the rest of the layout ain't bad either.:jester:

Edited by Brian Hawkins
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Morning Andy, just watched video No 30 over a cup of coffee very enjoyable once again mate,  my favourite part of Bute Road at the moment is watching trains passing over the estuary with the village in the background, although having said that, the rest of the layout ain't bad either.:jester:

Thanks Brian, The Estuary is also one of my favourite filming locations at the moment, I hope the Station area will develop into a good area too one day.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Yesterday and today, I've done the Hill over the Tunnel and formed the Cutting.

I've also added some Stone Walling.

IMG_6498.JPG.9a9e6c5cc3fdf8f37085ee7ad225d7de.JPG

IMG_6499.JPG.622771d580d32557510a5738e4b8c599.JPG

Hi Andy,

I thought you might have been inspired by the Wall builder of the North on Gill Head and cracked open the DAS and had a go at building your own stone walls?

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, D6775 said:

Looking fantastic Andy. Although not 7mmm I do pop in now and again still.

Cheers Al, I still look in at 7MM from time to time, but trying NOT to get re hooked.:fie::nono::laugh:

Part 2 of my Seven Mills Sidings is in this Months RM, and I hope Part 3 / Bench Road will be in soon.

Hornby Mag have Seven Mills scheduled for the April 22 Edition, out the first week of March.

And Seven Mills was also featured in the O Gauge Guild Virtual Event last weekend, so the 7mm side of my life is still kept quite busy. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

25 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Some good view points in that video.  Don’t put in so much scenery that you lose them!

Paul.

Thanks Paul, I hope to maintain some nice angles and interesting viewing's as I do the Build. Cheers for the thought, it was worth mentioning.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ramrig said:

Hi Andy,

I thought you might have been inspired by the Wall builder of the North on Gill Head and cracked open the DAS and had a go at building your own stone walls?

Life's far to short for that, I like to build em, sell em, and move on the the next project. I must admit, it does look a lot better than mine though.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Al, I still look in at 7MM from time to time, but trying NOT to get re hooked.:fie::nono::laugh:

Part 2 of my Seven Mills Sidings is in this Months RM, and I hope Part 3 / Bench Road will be in soon.

Hornby Mag have Seven Mills scheduled for the April 22 Edition, out the first week of March.

And Seven Mills was also featured in the O Gauge Guild Virtual Event last weekend, so the 7mm side of my life is still kept quite busy. 

I can see a shunting plank with an 08 and a selection or trucks appearing at some point in the future!! I don't tend to buy the mags these days relying on t'interweb! But Paul Rolley's Fulchester is due in Model Rail in the new year which may feature a couple of my loco's and wagon builds but we'll have to see. 

One of your former fleet (33035) made an appearance in my garden a few weeks back!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, D6775 said:

I can see a shunting plank with an 08 and a selection or trucks appearing at some point in the future!! I don't tend to buy the mags these days relying on t'interweb! But Paul Rolley's Fulchester is due in Model Rail in the new year which may feature a couple of my loco's and wagon builds but we'll have to see. 

One of your former fleet (33035) made an appearance in my garden a few weeks back!

If I remember rightly, that was delivered to Eastleigh, and handed to the Driver of a Charter, for onward shipment. :good:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

If I remember rightly, that was delivered to Eastleigh, and handed to the Driver of a Charter, for onward shipment. :good:

That wouldn't surprise me! Whether it was the new owner or one of his colleagues I wouldn't like to say, but I know the new owner and he's not far from me. We had a running session a few weeks back and he brought his fleet round.  

Edited by D6775
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, D6775 said:

That wouldn't surprise me! Whether it was the new owned or one of his colleagues I wouldn't like to say, but I know the new owner and he's not far from me. We had a running session a few weeks back and he brought his fleet round.  

John H?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 13/11/2021 at 20:08, Andrew P said:

Running Session, Part 1.

No intro and no chatter, just 6 minutes of Trains Running.

Beautiful smooth running trains!  Specially liked the smoothly accelerating from the platform once the signal had been pulled off/switched.  I could listen to the "clickety-clack" all day.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1