Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

8 hours ago, Physicsman said:

Good to see you're underway, Andy.

The "door section" you referred to in the PM now makes a lot of sense.

One thing that grabs my attention is the "Virtual" Quarry - does this mean it's not really there? :( Sorry, I'm being a bit flippant, I think I can see your intention!

You'll sleep happier now, knowing that the project has now officially started. Good stuff.

Jeff

Cheers Jeff, Yes the Virtual Quarry is what they call a heap of Ballast waiting to be loaded for Engineering work. Brought in from a REAL Quarry to the Yard, unloaded, and then re loaded. YES Mad, I know.

Cheers for looking in.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 hours ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Very much looking forward to Bute Road progressing Andy will watch with great interest.

Thanks Brian, well have another get together once its up and running.:good:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LBRJ said:

Interesting stuff indeed!

The proposed location is about half way between my old back garden and my mates current demesne, so it does have some local interest to me!

My Parents met at Chapel Amble, during the War when Mum was in the Land Army and Dad was stationed at St Merryn on Bomb Disposal. so I have a certain love for Cornwall even though I'm like my Dad, a Plymothian. Thanks for looking in.

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Looking good.

Will follow with interest.

Thanks Kevin, I may need to do some Trees for this one, so will did out the Tree making link you sent me many moos ago. I did actually look at it last night.:good:

Thanks.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, westerhamstation said:

Hi Andy, best of luck with the new project, on page two already. all the best Adrian.

Thanks Adrian, I didn't expect much interest in this one due to it being Modern Image, but we will see if it continues.

Thanks for looking in and commenting.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So this is the hoped for Plan. Lets see how the  final product differs from my idea seen here now.834987665_BUTEROAD(FortheEdenProject)(KernowandClayToday).png.a84a50bd96b0f9e11ef1410223413902.png

Well that's a bit different to what we discussed, but looks great.  Interesting you've made the main line double track, when the prototype is single.

You can also run class 43s and probably the new 800s as well.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

4 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Well that's a bit different to what we discussed, but looks great.  Interesting you've made the main line double track, when the prototype is single.

You can also run class 43s and probably the new 800s as well.

Cheers Stu, I did try the flat crossover on the curve for that nice long Viaduct along in front of the Fiddle Yard, but the geometry would not work using real points in a live situation. Such a shame that, it would have been spectacular.

The Double Track is so that I can have a pair of Trains trundling around whilst doing other jobs, but I think 800's will be to long, and the overhang on the curves look to great, remember I can only go to 3ft radius max.

Cheers for looking in and your ideas on your visit.:good:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Morning Andy

I have followed you over and I am liking the stock albeit far too modern for me! I do like bogie freight wagons though. 

I am also surprised at the amount of planning you have done - I thought you bodged it up as you went along!!! Ha ha!

Seriously though if this is half as good as some of your previous OO's we are looking at a cracking layout. 

Paul R

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

the Virtual Quarry is what they call a heap of Ballast waiting to be loaded for Engineering work. Brought in from a REAL Quarry to the Yard

Welcome to the world of Network Rail Speak!

Good luck with the layout, Andy, you are putting into practice what the local Community Rail group could only dream about!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pwr said:

Morning Andy

I have followed you over and I am liking the stock albeit far too modern for me! I do like bogie freight wagons though. 

I am also surprised at the amount of planning you have done - I thought you bodged it up as you went along!!! Ha ha!

Seriously though if this is half as good as some of your previous OO's we are looking at a cracking layout. 

Paul R

Thanks Paul, Having done Layouts in Steam, Green and Blue Diesel and also into the late 90 with Sector and EWS, I felt like a complete change, and by doing what I see at Eastleigh I can keep up to date with things as they progress.

I'm basing it on a period from about 2016 to today, whenever today is.:P

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I'm looking forward to seeing this develop, your speed of building things puts me to shame.

David

Thanks David, Now that I've got over crying over the sale of all that lovely O Gauge, I can get on and start again. Cheers for looking in.:good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Welcome to the world of Network Rail Speak!

Good luck with the layout, Andy, you are putting into practice what the local Community Rail group could only dream about!

Thanks Capt. That depends on what their dreaming about, as long as its not to rude, I'll give it a go:laugh:.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1