Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

2 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, good luck on the new project. Looks like plenty to keep you busy.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade, Yes, its been a busy morning, still sorting STUFF.:banghead:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shedman said:

Well done, Andy! Looking forward to following this new (ad)venture. All the best, Trevor

Cheers Trevor, I had to get started before that Martin @gismorail bought up all the Timber for his Titanic Project.

5 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Good choice Andy.  Should have put money on it being clay when I saw your post on Burngullow Raod earlier in the year!

Looking forward to watching this develop...

Thanks Rob, Yes the idea has been brewing for a long time, the biggest problem was biting the bullet and parting with the O Gauge, but now that's done, I'm feeling better already.:dancer:

4 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Right were off. Looking forward to this as 00 is my preferred gauge so will be taking notes.

Now where's that pad and pencil.

Ian

Cheers Ian, plenty of time to take notes, then screw them up, put them in the bin and do your own thing, haha.:good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, lmsforever said:

Good luck with new project what made you decide to go for this enterprise?Chris

Cheers Chris, the answer is many things.

I've done all the other eras as stated above, (somewhere).

Inspiration from what I see and HEAR today.

My love of Cornwall.

Clay Trains tend to be short for Modern image compared to say, Freightliner, Biomass, Oil etc.

Quart into a Pint pot. :D

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Ian, plenty of time to take notes, then screw them up, put them in the bin and do your own thing, haha.:good:

Agree with the screwing things up bit, you were referring to the plans of course, but not the throwing away. I worked in local government and that's the one thing we never did, throw things away, as you never knew when it might be needed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I worked in local government and that's the one thing we never did, throw things away, as you never knew when it might be needed.

Unlike some elements of railway management, who were quite happy to throw things away, not because they didn't think they would be needed, but because they didn't even know what they were throwing away.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 minute ago, Captain Kernow said:

Unlike some elements of railway management, who were quite happy to throw things away, not because they didn't think they would be needed, but because they didn't even know what they were throwing away.

Always remember the look on the wet behind the ears new appointee when I pulled out a copy of a letter that I'd done sorting out the problem he had been asked to 'resolve' and saying to him you mean this.

• Like 2

Welcome back to oo gauge Andy, it's been a while. While I model in the (distant) past, I do have a soft spot for the Class 66 locos I see on container traffic on my local line. There are some cracking new models available now I see. Will you be indulging? 

All the best with the new project. 

Regards 

Brian 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian D said:

Welcome back to oo gauge Andy, it's been a while. While I model in the (distant) past, I do have a soft spot for the Class 66 locos I see on container traffic on my local line. There are some cracking new models available now I see. Will you be indulging? 

All the best with the new project. 

Regards 

Brian 

Cheers Brian I will / have.

So far I have;

Bachmann 66 in DB Cargo

Bachmann 66 in EWS

Bachmann 66 in GBRF X 2

Bachmann 70 in Colas

Bachmann 37 in Colas

Hornby 60 in DB Shenker

Hornby 60 in Colas

ALL Sound fitted.

Plus Clay Traffic Stock.

:D:good::dancer:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Well with no Warley to go to in 2021 we will all be able to watch Andy inspire us with the the building another new layout.

At least till the end of September.

Watching with keen interest a china clay layout in set in the 21st century, as as against my layout Camel Quay set in the 1960s

Good luck with the new exciting project.

Terry 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

Well with no Warley to go to in 2021 we will all be able to watch Andy inspire us with the the building another new layout.

At least till the end of September.

Watching with keen interest a china clay layout in set in the 21st century, as as against my layout Camel Quay set in the 1960s

Good luck with the new exciting project.

Terry 

Thanks Terry, I hope your well, mate. Yes I'm getting right up to date now, if I'm not careful, I'll even overtake myself, and meet me coming back the other way.:D

BTW is Stafford still on? I was chatting to Nick P the other day and it seems its all systems go, pity I'm so far away now, and I'll miss it.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It’s booked and planned to go ahead, but it obviously depends on what happens in the next couple of months with the covid and of course government and venue restrictions.

So fingers crossed 

Terry 

• Friendly/supportive 1

26 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

It’s booked and planned to go ahead, but it obviously depends on what happens in the next couple of months with the covid and of course government and venue restrictions.

So fingers crossed 

Terry 

Just seen Warley cancelled again.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

It was only yesterday that I got caught up with Seven Mill Sidings but I'm glad to see you're wasting no time in cracking on with the new layout!

Looking forward to seeing this develop to your usual high standards!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LDM34046 said:

It was only yesterday that I got caught up with Seven Mill Sidings but I'm glad to see you're wasting no time in cracking on with the new layout!

Looking forward to seeing this develop to your usual high standards!

Well thanks very much, I hope you enjoyed Seven Mills, I hope I can do this one justice.

Cheers for looking in.:good:

• Friendly/supportive 1

My Grandson didn't make it today as he had to finish another Patio job off that has been delayed by rain last week.

But he is coming tomorrow so we should be able to raise the main side frame and build the 3 main boards once we've been and collected the Timber.

I did manage to raise another smaller section that was over the low level Work Bench, where the Door Fiddle Yard used to rest from Seven Mills,  to the correct new height today.

Also sorted out more places for all my various chargers.

• Like 2

I also managed to get another 66 in EWS today with Sound at a bargain price from Ellis Clark Trains, so that should be here on Thursday.

I now have ENOUGH LOCOS and SO I DON'T NEED TO BUY ANY MORE.:nono:

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1