Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

28 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

This photo was taken at Par Station a few weeks ago by Russ / @4630 and just what I'm looking at.

Thanks Russ for allowing me to re post it here as inspiration.:good:.

444846392_66200ParStationPostedbyRuss4630.jpg.25a38c887f98f8b7bf2e3aac39922251.jpg

Lovely gradient that! Would be good to replicate!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Blimey Andy 4 pages and you haven't cut any new wood yet!

Liking the plan shame about the period. ;) Pairs of 37s and a 50 or two is where its at! :D

See you soon for a running session.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, LDM34046 said:

Lovely gradient that! Would be good to replicate!

Yes, that's the line from Newquay that I'm basing my imaginary Layout on, I never realised it was such a gradient on that sharp curve. Interesting. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Blimey Andy 4 pages and you haven't cut any new wood yet!

Liking the plan shame about the period. ;) Pairs of 37s and a 50 or two is where its at! :D

See you soon for a running session.

Yes, As you know Ian, 90's was the original plan, and Double headed 37 etc would have been really good, but I'm also hooked on 70's and Colas, and the PINK DB. haha.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Yes, that's the line from Newquay

’Fraid not, that’s the Main Line, Newquay line is an even sharper curve, also rising.

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

So where was your other photo taken then Russ?

I took the photo of DB Cargo 66200 whilst standing on the down platform at Par, virtually opposite the signal box.

It was taken with a telephoto lens, so the locomotive is positioned probably 100 yards or so outside Par station, in the direction of St Austell, i.e. looking west. 

The 66 is stabled on what I believe is a loop line that is parallel to the main line. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 4630 said:

I took the photo of DB Cargo 66200 whilst standing on the down platform at Par, virtually opposite the signal box.

It was taken with a telephoto lens, so the locomotive is positioned probably 100 yards or so outside Par station, in the direction of St Austell, i.e. looking west. 

The 66 is stabled on what I believe is a loop line that is parallel to the main line. 

I think it's known as Chapel Siding? Definitely a siding anyway- not a loop.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

’Fraid not, that’s the Main Line, Newquay line is an even sharper curve, also rising.

Paul.

The branch falls towards St Blazey. The main lines rise from Par in both directions.

• Informative/Useful 2

8 hours ago, 4630 said:

7 hours ago, mikeyh said:

I think it's known as Chapel Siding? Definitely a siding anyway- not a loop.

6 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

The branch falls towards St Blazey. The main lines rise from Par in both directions.

Thanks Guys, for all the info, I've never been there, so sometimes from just a photo its difficult to judge where, is where.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Grandson due soon, in his big Yellow (Ex AA)  Van to go to the big Orange Wearhouse  to collect the timber. 

Looking good so far.:D

Oh,,,, and the Sun is shining.:dancer:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11
  • Round of applause 1

1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

Grandson due soon, in his big Yellow Van to go to the big Orange Wearhouse  to collect the timber. 

Looking good so far.:D

Oh,,,, and the Sun is shining.:dancer:

Sounds like the making of a good day. Enjoy

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, David Bell said:

No such thing as having enough locos!

Ha Ha - couldn't agree more.

I have far too many locos for the stock I have but there is always just one more coming out!

Paul R

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, pwr said:

Ha Ha - couldn't agree more.

I have far too many locos for the stock I have but there is always just one more coming out!

Paul R

I think I might need to re design the Fiddle Yard to DOUBLE its original capacity.:P

• Friendly/supportive 1

14 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I also managed to get another 66 in EWS today with Sound at a bargain price from Ellis Clark Trains, so that should be here on Thursday.

I now have ENOUGH LOCOS and SO I DON'T NEED TO BUY ANY MORE.:nono:

Not even some 25s so you can back date your railway to the blue period, or even better some panniers for the proper period.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I think I might need to re design the Fiddle Yard to DOUBLE its original capacity.:P

I knew the plan would change before you even started construction!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

7 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Has the Yellow van returned from the BIG Orange Building with the wood yet?  Soon be track laying I think.  :sungum:

Yes, A full report to follow after I've eaten, I'm bloomin starvin.:swoon:

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

6 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Not even some 25s so you can back date your railway to the blue period, or even better some panniers for the proper period.

Westerns, Warships, 22? Noo not yet Buddy.:nono: