Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

6 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

The Chapel Siding is level but I have to disagree regarding the branch. It definitely falls from Par to St Blazey. At its steepest the gradient is 1 in 56 according to Network Rail's track gradients database, although not for very far.

Bute Road is imagined to be a few Miles up the line from Par, and on the level, but like everywhere in Cornwall, you don't have to go far to find a gradient, but there wont be one on Bute Road thank goodness.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Bute Road is imagined to be a few Miles up the line from Par, and on the level, but like everywhere in Cornwall, you don't have to go far to find a gradient, but there wont be one on Bute Road thank goodness.

That's now what was being planned when I was there - even Treffry would have been impressed !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Stubby47 said:

That's now what was being planned when I was there - even Treffry would have been impressed !

Stu's right, on his visitation, I was talking a full Viaduct across in front of the fiddle yard, but it would have caused a few problems. 

I would still like to do that, but the point geometry on the curve in a 30 to 36 inch radius to feed it would cause so many issues.

BUT never say never, if there was a way, then I will have a look. BUT BUT BUT, Not now until I have the Trains running.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Andrew P said:

O.K. Update for today, Not a lot to be honest, but one of my Grandsons and I have got 3 Boards  done, and prep work for 2 more, so a good day in all.

First job was to raise the last frame on the main side. I did the 2 end ones yesterday, but couldn't lift the big one on my own.

Then we had to go and get the Timber, and make a start.

Here's where we are now, and Ricky is taking his 4 Daughters out now for the rest of the week, so I can plod along on my own now that the heavy lifting and cutting is done.

All the boards will eventually have a neat facia edging around the inside.IMG_5293.JPG.779b98c16141e90842c47810cdfb7d61.JPG

IMG_5294.JPG.ff0b62c06e8c230a1ade898204d36064.JPG

IMG_5295.JPG.1497a27e5f103ee8e37dbf3c542fe6c1.JPG

Yo Mr P

Who lent you the spirit level for the photo? We all know with your bodging skills such advanced technologies like spirit levels are not needed.  

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

5 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Yo Mr P

Who lent you the spirit level for the photo? We all know with your bodging skills such advanced technologies like spirit levels are not needed.  

Its a dummy one, there's no bubble in it.:D

Grandson was amazed as well, and could believe I had the other frames level before starting the main one in between them.

Wonders will neve cease.:good:

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

Just taking a "T" break from replacing the blown over whirligig washing line.  I've dug out the support concrete block and stuck the new tube support in and just got my bubble level to square it off before pouring in some "quick set" post fix. 

Bute-road is happening but still no track anywhere................................. yet.

Edited by Barnaby
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, gismorail said:

Well blow me only four days in and six pages already ……..:crazy_mini::crazy_mini: this a crazy 

Yeah I know, and its mainly me replying to the good souls like yourself that follow me around. 

Crazy or what, but its nice to know I have people that like what I'm doing.

Cheers Martin.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, woodenhead said:

And he's not even completed the baseboards yet (well not in pictures.....)

Your right, almost a page a board, I did complete another board today though, details later.:good:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Just taking a "T" break from replacing the blown over whirligig washing line.  I've dug out the support concrete block and stuck the new tube support in and just got my bubble level to square it off before pouring in some "quick set" post fix. 

Bute-road is happening but still no track antwhere................................. yet.

Don't worry, Track laying is a long way off yet Barnaby.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shedman said:

Looking forward to this build. I've never been west of Plymouth (In England, anyway!!)

In that case, you've mist some stunning beaches, coves and cliffs. and Pasties of course.

Mind you Plymouth has its own specialities, me for a start.:o

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Has anyone noticed that Andy has doubled a single line?

My Layout is NOT representing any where other than an area of Cornwall that had a Single line, but RULE 1 dictates a Double Line, Its a Train Set.;):good:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

A steady day today.

Many that followed Seven Mills may remember me saying that I often wandered into The POD about 9-30am, sat on my perch, surveyed  the scene, went in for coffee at 11, and that was it most days.

Well today, I was out there about 9-30 as always, and apart from half an hour taking Her Ladyship to the Doctors, I've been out there all day until 17-45pm. I didn't even stop for Lunch, just grabbed a coffee and biscuit  at 11.

Really enjoying all the new found energy and enthusiasm. 

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

I've been lurking since this thread started and I'm a bit worried about two things:

1. Will the trackplan fit in the space? I think it probably will but it would be great to draw it to scale using turnout templates to find out. To make the best of the space I suspect you may have to go down to R3 and R4 curves in the off-scene areas. What's your intended off-scene minimum radius?

2. The bridge section across the doorway: Lots of fragile and heavy scenery to move and might be difficult to make it look realistic with the joints and the separation from any backdrop.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 2