Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

10 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

No the buses.

Regards Lez.

Come on make your mind up. I've just arranged for a flock of stukas to do some target practice now your saying theirs only going to a bus. Do you know just how difficult it is to organise a flock of stukas! Firstly you've got to sort out some pilots and don't mention the radio operator/rear gunners, they've got to be fed- won't get out of bed for anything less than a weirschnizzel and sourkraut I mean who eats that stuff at 5 am I ask you. So come on make up your mind is it a bus or a depot?

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Funny 2

This morning has been S L O W, with less than 2 hours sleep for some reason un beknown to me, I feel fragile.

I do know that at approximately 04-30 this morning I bought a Loco from E-Bay, so not all is bad.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Into The POD after a visit to the BIG Orange Shed, of B & Q, for a sheet of 18mm MDF to make the Platforms.

All will become clear in time, but as with Bitton, Pencarne Junction, Pencarne, Kings Moreton and many others I will use Peco Platform edging to form the Platform.

The large lower section will be cut again on this side to form the Island Platform.IMG_5350.JPG.934962d774295d1112e387e569f4b043.JPG

IMG_5351.JPG.ed58cd112476d8d1d26acdfa6a0b953e.JPG

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I do know that at approximately 04-30 this morning I bought a Loco from E-Bay, so not all is bad.

Some of the best deals are to be had at that time of the day :senile:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

This is what I need to produce for the Door Section.

225739380_Viaductidea.png.74712adee5021cb0e8a2e79aaf740cc3.png

That’s going to look good.

Paul.

Edited by 5BarVT
Question answered in video 3!
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, LBRJ said:

The Ratio  (or is it Wills?) viaduct kit has always had quite a strong Cornish mainline look about it to me, if a kit is the way to go...

Thanks for that, the problem I have with it, is that its only made to be strait, so to try and curve it, it would end up like a 50p coin, which is a great shame, as it would be perfect.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks for that, the problem I have with it, is that its only made to be strait, so to try and curve it, it would end up like a 50p coin, which is a great shame, as it would be perfect.

could you make it out of thin ply, bending it to suit and clad it using slater’s embossed sheet as it’s quite thin and flexible?….

…..it would probably take me about twelve months to do that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

could you make it out of thin ply, bending it to suit and clad it using slater’s embossed sheet as it’s quite thin and flexible?….

…..it would probably take me about twelve months to do that

That's how I made this one for a Club I once belonged to, using Hardboard, and then Slaters 7mm Dressed Stone.

1940534962_2017MincePie009.JPG.e0cb6791dfd17ec54ce574d347fd066d.JPG

1374237811_Easter2017063.JPG.85197b140c09714dc9340c2b9727253e.JPG

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 5

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Build it so that the insides of the arches join up but the outsides (which won't be seen) have gaps. Real viaducts weren't curved as such, the piers were usually different widths on each side but the arches were not.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1