Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

Me too, almost the same as you OO, Continental N, HO, OO, O, N, OO, O, and now back to OO

At least the sale of the O has paid for the Wood, Track and Points, 12 x OO Sound Locos and far to much Stock, and with a few Grand still left in the Bank.:dancer:

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, David Bell said:

I have done all the Gauge swapping, but I can't bring myself to sell anything, so the loft is full of N, OO, HO, HOm,O, 1 and 3 and a few bits and pieces in other scales too. I dare not work out how much It all cost!

All part of the fun though

So, Your building a Multi Gauge Test Track around the Garden then David?:laugh:

• Funny 1

You’ll have to work quite hard to get much freight in a western theme.

I remember seeing 7x 66 in st blazey in 1999, which is 1 now ( and 2 on Thursday/ Friday I believe ) .

pretty area but a bit of a desert for freight 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Its called saving for the Pension David :)  When you come to sell it you can buy that holiday shed in Skegness for the summer!

I had a mate did something like that back in the late 60's, Stored all his Lima Coaches and Locos in the Loft for his retirement fund, as he said his Lima would be worth a fortune one day.

I met him about 10 years later and asked if he still had his stash.

He said NO, IT ALL WENT TO THE TIP.

Every coach and Loco was bent like a Banana.:fie:

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

4 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I remember seeing 7x 66 in st blazey in 1999, which is 1 now ( and 2 on Thursday/ Friday I believe ) .

Its all in the mind young Rob, I have a cunning plan.:D.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

27 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Its all in the mind young Rob, I have a cunning plan.:D.

1239987990_BUTEROAD(FortheEdenProject)(KernowandClayToday)-Copy.png.01e10e0d32423c0b4f68fd00caf1927d.png

• Like 1
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

1239987990_BUTEROAD(FortheEdenProject)(KernowandClayToday)-Copy.png.01e10e0d32423c0b4f68fd00caf1927d.png

Hi Andy,

I know they say less is more .. but I really dont think your trying hard enough ... easily get a large steel works, coal mine and possibly a intermodal dockside in the space that is left...... :dancer:

Rich

• Funny 6

17 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Holy Smoley, I think you got everything west of Swindon ....

and many thanks for the “ young rob “..makes me feel good , especially as I was looking at my wedding photos from 2002 just now 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Holy Smoley, I think you got everything west of Swindon ....

and many thanks for the “ young rob “..makes me feel good , especially as I was looking at my wedding photos from 2002 just now 

2002? My first was 1976 and the second in 81, the week before Charles and Di, they had our left over sarnies and cake, just celebrated 40 years this time around.:notme:

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

An excellent  morning in The POD, with more Track laid and Platform 2 cut ready to lay tomorrow.

Firstly showing the Tracks leaving the Fiddle Yard and curving to the right for the Platform. The point you see to the left is for a short Head Shunt for Loco Storage or a DMU.

IMG_5433.JPG.560c0797f6582574c88fab8bede55edd.JPG

Next with the two longest Locos it was time to ensure there was enough clearance on the curve.

IMG_5434.JPG.2e977a96950cd4157d8e1f8891d73a70.JPG

IMG_5435.JPG.0a8f07104b6f2ad44a40fac279c39c40.JPG

Once happy with that, it was time to offer up the piece I had removed from the main board and to ensure that fitted as it should.

IMG_5436.JPG.8beb61cb44d5dd166395b82850f08f60.JPG

IMG_5437.JPG.1f19664d6bac26596e91e072e21d1f3d.JPG

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 2

Then lastly before lunch, the Platform was cut to shape, and given a coat of paint as per Platform 1, (the paint is still wet in the pics, hence the sheen).

Tomorrow will see the sides fitted and a start on Laying the loops.

IMG_5444.JPG.e3cb1cfbb39f37eddbc40ee7006831e9.JPG

IMG_5445.JPG.d9f412e9708aa1fbc16a31ba6446b923.JPG

• Like 13
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

IMG_5436.JPG.8beb61cb44d5dd166395b82850f08f60.JPG

Nice progress Andy,

Its easy to forget how many subtle variations of the GBRf livery there has been isn't it - I had totally forgotten this original version!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Nice progress Andy,

Its easy to forget how many subtle variations of the GBRf livery there has been isn't it - I had totally forgotten this original version!

Yes Rich, I've got this one as well.

image.png.77ca1d25bf0e78856dedb1e185326db3.png

• Like 1

Hello Andy, you are being a busy busy boy, but it is coming together nicely.

I'm interested in how you say you will conceal the gap between the base boards using masking tape and glue.

I notice you use a pritstik to mount the platform edging.  I find that pritstik drys out and allows the card to pop off at least when I use it, it tends too. 

How about you am I missing out a step?

Best

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Much earlier than expected, Video No 5, Platform Part 2.

Hi Andy,

Just caught up with this video.  As with the previous ones it's given me a few ideas as well as solutions to one or two challenges.

The use of magnolia paint on the platform top has to be the best use I have ever seen made of that paint.  As for 'fifty shades of grey' I thought at first that it was a reference to the colour palette of Cumbernauld (other New Towns are available).

Again, great, helpful, videos.

Regards,

Alex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

56 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Hello Andy, you are being a busy busy boy, but it is coming together nicely.

I'm interested in how you say you will conceal the gap between the base boards using masking tape and glue.

I notice you use a pritstik to mount the platform edging.  I find that pritstik drys out and allows the card to pop off at least when I use it, it tends too. 

How about you am I missing out a step?

Best

Video 5 shows the masking tape being put over the board joint, and I've used Prit Stick many times, including the building of all my previous Metcalfe Kits.

1473171020_KINGSMILL23MARCH06.JPG.f65b3cda2d1ad8aa7be4f8b15bd4c749.JPG

543210596_KINGSMILL24MARCH06.JPG.3b047a3b567fd72ecb11a02df5db6ca9.JPG

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

Hi Andy,

Just caught up with this video.  As with the previous ones it's given me a few ideas as well as solutions to one or two challenges.

The use of magnolia paint on the platform top has to be the best use I have ever seen made of that paint.  As for 'fifty shades of grey' I thought at first that it was a reference to the colour palette of Cumbernauld (other New Towns are available).

Again, great, helpful, videos.

Regards,

Alex.

Thanks Alex, I will try to add something in the way of my Bodgit ideas in the Videos if I can. Glad you found it useful and I appreciate you comments.:good:

• Like 1

When I worked in the tech department of a high school we had lots of problems with photos of projects stuck into folders then having to be sent away for adjudication. On arrival lots of the photos had come free from the folders. After experimenting we found that of all the available brands Pritt Stick was the best and lasted the longest. Eventually, about 3 years, even they dried up, but that was paper on paper.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

2 minutes ago, cliff park said:

When I worked in the tech department of a high school we had lots of problems with photos of projects stuck into folders then having to be sent away for adjudication. On arrival lots of the photos had come free from the folders. After experimenting we found that of all the available brands Pritt Stick was the best and lasted the longest. Eventually, about 3 years, even they dried up, but that was paper on paper.

Thanks Cliff, very useful information. Cheers.

• Like 1