Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

The aim today is to finish the sides to the Island Platform.

As I said in the Video No7, I'm not sure whether to have it as two sided, i.e. Platform 2 and 3, or to wall the No 3 side, and leave all the Tracks there purely for the Yard Loops.

More pics later.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Donw said:

Steady on Andy you are adding videos faster than I can watch them great stuff though.

Don

Thanks Don, They are easier to do than when I was Videoing Seven Mills. Its just a case of pic up the camera, and saying this is what I'm doing next, or have just done, as opposed to setting up the Trains for multi takes of the same subject.

It will slow down a bit now as one bit of Track Laying is the next / last, so I wont be showing any more cork and Track Laying until I do the first couple of Points.

Thanks for watching the Vids.:good:

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I'd keep it as a platform and run round loop to start with. That'll discourage you from using it for wagons so the run round will always be open. You can then see how you get on with it in use. Keep your options open.

Coming along well. Love the videos. All the Best, Trevor

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, shedman said:

I'd keep it as a platform and run round loop to start with. That'll discourage you from using it for wagons so the run round will always be open. You can then see how you get on with it in use. Keep your options open.

Coming along well. Love the videos. All the Best, Trevor

It will still be the same run round loop for the Yard Trevor, just not a Passenger Platform to discourage me from having a Passenger Service down the Branch.

I'm just having a break at the moment, but looking at it earlier, it could still go either way, as a 153 Going up and down the Branch might be quite a nice relief.

Thanks for your input and ideas.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cliff park said:

When I worked in the tech department of a high school we had lots of problems with photos of projects stuck into folders then having to be sent away for adjudication. On arrival lots of the photos had come free from the folders. After experimenting we found that of all the available brands Pritt Stick was the best and lasted the longest. Eventually, about 3 years, even they dried up, but that was paper on paper.

In three years Andy's about five layouts down the road! :D

Amazed at your work rate, don't think I've done any work on mine in bout six months... :cray_mini:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, bimble said:

In three years Andy's about five layouts down the road! :D

Amazed at your work rate, don't think I've done any work on mine in bout six months... :cray_mini:

You do need to make a start, but then, I don't need to tell you that.:o:good:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Looks brilliant!

I do like how the platform extends into the far corner! is this so you can set the station building further back or just to have the surrounding area at platform level?

Thanks Chris, its so that the Village will be at least the same level as the station / Car Park Road etc. Basically the same as I did with Pencarne.

1418844399_PhotoShoot125.JPG.c9aa0ff87467318d2212174a0f3d6be2.JPG

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 2

Andy the new build is looking fantastic love the new addition to accommodate the loops as you say The Bodgit strikes again but this is why we all admire your modelling is just relent:crazy_mini:less . I think your little diversion into the darkside has done you the world of good and now you can really go to town on this new layout . Love the videos and your sharing this new build is excellent keep up the momentum it’ll be finished by page 200 !!!!!!!:sungum:

Now I’m sure you could get a 7mm shunting plank above this layout if you really try hard…….:laugh:

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, gismorail said:

Andy the new build is looking fantastic love the new addition to accommodate the loops as you say The Bodgit strikes again but this is why we all admire your modelling is just relent:crazy_mini:less . I think your little diversion into the darkside has done you the world of good and now you can really go to town on this new layout . Love the videos and your sharing this new build is excellent keep up the momentum it’ll be finished by page 200 !!!!!!!:sungum:

Now I’m sure you could get a 7mm shunting plank above this layout if you really try hard…….:laugh:

Thanks Martin, I'm out there nearly all day, every day now, unlike Seven Mills, and really enjoying solving problems and sorting issues.

Cheers and keep looking in.

• Like 4

Now some of you who have been concentrating a few pages back would have seen that I bought some Peco Points and Motors from Rich, @MarshLane .

Now the ones that came with the motors already attached had a neat idea of attaching black card between the Point and the Motor to hide the hole in the Baseboard.

Now I used to do a similar thing, but sliding bits of card between once laid.

This is a far better and neater idea that I will be using from now on.

Cheers Rich.

:good:

IMG_5457.JPG.fae24f7e1d56aa06cbda617ab82f57ee.JPG

IMG_5458.JPG.9a9c6811949b5e5cb3a8da48b5454f1c.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Martin, I'm out there nearly all day, every day now, unlike Seven Mills, and really enjoying solving problems and sorting issues.

Cheers and keep looking in.

It really sounds that you have got your mojo back Andy...... Glad you're really enjoying yourself 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Now some of you who have been concentrating a few pages back would have seen that I bought some Peco Points and Motors from Rich, @MarshLane .

Now the ones that came with the motors already attached had a neat idea of attaching black card between the Point and the Motor to hide the hole in the Baseboard.

Cheers Rich.

See even at our age every day is a school day :boast:it’s a great hobby as we can all learn from each other I can remember years ago some of my point work looked as if a sink hole had appeared when I used to position the Peco motors beneath the base board :unsure:

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Rich.

I feel honoured that I have helped developed a very small part of Bute Road :)   Glad your getting use out of them Andy! The thin card, from memory was attached with sticky dots - a wonderful invention that the paper crafting card community have come up with (https://www.potterycrafts.co.uk/Products/theromwen-stick-dots/XTH4050 - is the nearest equivalent) that my mother suggested when visiting one day.  They are equivalent to double sided tap, but just loads of little sticky dots on a tap, that you press against the back of the point, then peel off and stick down.  Simple and easy!

I haven't had chance to watch your latest couple of videos yet Andy, but will be doing later this week hopefully.

<advert mode>if anyone wants any Peco OO Code 100 points/double slips or metre lengths drop me a PM! I have a fair few going all in good condition, and its all just sat in the loft unlikely to be used by me.</end advert>

Rich

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Rich.

Brown paper is better than card, just as strong but much thinner, so doesn't affect the track level

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3