Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

So a very busy morning here a Bodgit Towers.

Firstly a trip to my Local Model Shop for some more Fish Plates and other bits, but I'll need to go back tomorrow as they were closed.:banghead: Closed on a Tuesday, What's that all about?

Back and mowed the Lawn

And then wired up the  end Board Track and two Points.IMG_5461.JPG.e85f42b67e71973a23157fdd29fa2438.JPG

They are fed from a Male / Female Plug with

Red and Blue for the Track Now I normally have = Red and Black to the Track with Black to the back, so you see how that rhymes. But the Local shop had no Black last time I was in there. so this Layout is Red and Blue.

Then there is a Green for the common to the Points.

Blue for Point No 2, (Thinner Blue than the Track feed)

Orange for Point No 1, and finally a 16V AC Feed for the Fiddle Yard board for a dedicated feed and panel for fault finding.

IMG_5460.JPG.53767f0df7b1094d54132ae85916f3ec.JPG

I then ran a Track Feed across underneath along with the 16V AC for the Fiddle Yard.

IMG_5462.JPG.f142b2554eec2b0f06e7fb9e3d5a8cce.JPG

And up in the Fiddle Yard area to what will eventually be another Male Female Plug to isolate the Fiddle Yard for ease of Fault finding.image.png.4cbccba8d949fdc3809ed0a63f976137.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 10

6 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Brown paper is better than card, just as strong but much thinner, so doesn't affect the track level

How does that react to getting wet when ballasting Stu?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

How does that react to getting wet when ballasting Stu?

Good quality brown paper has a shiny surface, which should be impervious to the low level of moisture used when ballasting.  And/Or cover the paper in brown parcel tape.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

That's it for today now, my back is screaming at me.

So tomorrow, after my trip to the Model Shop, I will connect up the loop Points and Yard Stabling Siding, Need to source a couple of Knightwing Portacabins and Security Fencing for that area later.

IMG_5466.JPG.c33d9e17e6c33076aa3daa02d7498f19.JPG

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Good quality brown paper has a shiny surface, which should be impervious to the low level of moisture used when ballasting.  And/Or cover the paper in brown parcel tape.

Nice ideas, Cheers Stu.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Don't  you just hate it when you can't sleep because the planning continues in your head.:scared:

No I find I fall asleep pondering 

Don

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Let me think about that Paul, Uhmmmmm NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo:D

Well your original title did include the words “for the Eden Project” which suggests paying public …………..

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, Dragonboy said:

Well your original title did include the words “for the Eden Project” which suggests paying public …………..

I didn't say they could ride in comfort.

image.png.4ad1d1c52c38b6fe9a37845ba52fefc2.png

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, Dragonboy said:

Well there's an idea - what about a single track branch to the Eden project as a separate plank layout. You only need a bubble car some track and a platform.  You could even stand it on end and out of the way of the main layout. You could even do it in O Gauge. Better order up a Dapol 122 Andy. You could have the whole layout built run and sold by Bank Holiday! Ha Ha!

Paul R

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, pwr said:

Well there's an idea - what about a single track branch to the Eden project as a separate plank layout. You only need a bubble car some track and a platform.  You could even stand it on end and out of the way of the main layout. You could even do it in O Gauge. Better order up a Dapol 122 Andy. You could have the whole layout built run and sold by Bank Holiday! Ha Ha!

Paul R

Of course he could get far more in if he reverted back to N

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Not a lot to show for this morning.

Went down to Wicor Models at Portchester for a re stock of Fish Plates and wire.

Then made a the Ambilocal chord from Board 1 to the  end Board and onward to the Fiddle Yard.

IMG_5468.JPG.d6d7ea3d41937def7461071576b91533.JPG

IMG_5467.JPG.3c7bf7ee06bc8959ab0733747e47d57e.JPG

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Not a lot to show for this morning.

Went down to Wicor Models at Portchester for a re stock of Fish Plates and wire.

Then made a the Ambilocal chord from Board 1 to the  end Board and onward to the Fiddle Yard.

IMG_5468.JPG.d6d7ea3d41937def7461071576b91533.JPG

IMG_5467.JPG.3c7bf7ee06bc8959ab0733747e47d57e.JPG

Andy I have seen this done before - What do you use as the metal joiners between the two chocolate blocks?

Paul R

What may be of some interest is this pic of how I've modified standard Long Peco Points.

The Orange Point at the top is a Standard Long Right eased into a right curve, as the Std Curve point is to much of a curve for my needs there.

The White Point in the middle is again a Long Left, but this time formed into a Y point.

And the Yellow Point at the bottom is again a Long Left just ease into a bit of a curve.

691695537_IMG_5470-Copy.JPG.7e3d58b2ab333881faa865931e08317c.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Not quite sure what happened there, I seem to have bought another 66.:D Colas this time.:dancer:

image.png.fbc9987301804b2affc9266ad1c6ed21.png

It still surprises me that DCC loco addresses are still limited to 4 digits, forcing a compromise in the number as shown above. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

It still surprises me that DCC loco addresses are still limited to 4 digits, forcing a compromise in the number as shown above. 

Yes, Totally agree, you would have thought that in this day and age, a 5 Digit address would be possible.

Mind you, if they did I would need a new Controller and the Chips I have limited to 4 Digits so would need to replace all of those as well.

Far to expensive:nono:

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

30 minutes ago, georgeT said:

You will have full circuit before you know it buddy, great stuff enjoying watching the progress...

Cheers George, I'm concentrating on getting the two main circuits running now that the Station area is sorted.

• Like 1