Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Chris, But if I had a tenth of the talent you seem to have with your eye for detail, and then turning it into reality.

If there is anyone out there who has not visited Chris's Warren Branch, then I suggest you do so, NOW.

funny you should say ‘eye’ for detail because my left eye is almost swollen shut and because my doctors surgery are reluctant to answer the bl**dy phone I’ve only been able to see properly through my right eye

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

5 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

funny you should say ‘eye’ for detail because my left eye is almost swollen shut and because my doctors surgery are reluctant to answer the bl**dy phone I’ve only been able to see properly through my right eye

Well I hope that mends soo buddy.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

You called it 'Bench Road' in the intro.... :)

Well spotted Young Man, I watched it about 4 times in the Editing, and never noticed, until I watched it on here when it was to late to to add a Note. :laugh:

You Plonker Peters.:haha:

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 minute ago, georgeT said:

Hi Andy,  Stubby is spot on you did say 'Bench Road' at the start of the video, also you made me realise why l have never finished a layouy ?  (Fifteen miles of wire) Hahaha

Yeah, and I ain't finished yet, just looking at all the wires needed for the Signals.:o

AND YES I KNOW, I could have them DCC off the hand set, and just 2 wires to the Track, but where's the FUN in that?

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

What a good idea using different colours for each point motor….wish I’d done that

Thanks Chris, its something I've done for many years, and when the Layout is the right way up, it makes wiring the Panel Switches so much easier.

• Craftsmanship/clever 3

This morning I've laid the two Tracks across the Door Board and popped a couple of wires on to do a Test.

I've had two Trains circulating at a nice sedate pace with no issues.

So the next job before coffee was to add a couple of hinges to see if I can make it a flap as opposed to a lift out section, and the simple answer is YES I CAN.

So now I just need to make a base for the Harbour and that will be the final part of the jigsaw in place.

As you can see from the last pic, even when raised, and with the Harbour about 3 inches below the Track Level I will have plenty of room to walk in and out of the door.

IMG_5603.JPG.2cfd8efd9e4cd4036d8948d577a7eade.JPG

IMG_5604.JPG.eaadc590ec637c8f0fcfea0df9991990.JPG

IMG_5605.JPG.207e163211cbaa3fd64027bd8e319a84.JPG

IMG_5606.JPG.e3ccc6e0228cdf8c1bc0f71223e6fcbb.JPG

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6
  • Round of applause 1

Cracking video Andy and very informative for all. Good to see an experience modeller taking to time and effort to pass on his skills to others. It is important that us older ones hand down our knowledge to the younger members although they probably have new and more ‘fandangle’ ways of achieving these things. I wander when wireless point motors will make an appearance ……..now that would take all the fun away :stinker:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gismorail said:

Cracking video Andy and very informative for all. Good to see an experience modeller taking to time and effort to pass on his skills to others. It is important that us older ones hand down our knowledge to the younger members although they probably have new and more ‘fandangle’ ways of achieving these things. I wander when wireless point motors will make an appearance ……..now that would take all the fun away :stinker:

Cheers Martin, and thanks for the thumbs up on what I'm doing on the Vids.

• Like 1

Before Lunch, I made up the locator for the Flap.

Basically a lump of timber with two diagonal cuts, and the centre section fitted to the flap to ensure it is always in the correct position when down.

IMG_5609.JPG.c3b9fac9f5d8e3f225a5f3c800b2c77d.JPG

IMG_5610.JPG.dc87316be492f5bb1baf2aa4392b150d.JPG

IMG_5611.JPG.436af8ccf3bd8953a74f99963a300dd0.JPG

I've also cut the Harbour base to size, and I'll put that all together on Monday.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11
  • Round of applause 1

That's it from me for the weekend.

I'm off to a BBQ tomorrow at a friends with two or three Layouts running in the Shed, Conservatory and Lounge, and maybe more. I'm looking forward to that and getting some pics and ideas. I think there's about 8 of us from on here going to be in attendance.:good:

Should  be a good day out.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

That's it from me for the weekend.

I'm off to a BBQ tomorrow at a friends with two or three Layouts running in the Shed, Conservatory and Lounge, and maybe more. I'm looking forward to that and getting some pics and ideas. I think there's about 8 of us from on here going to be in attendance.:good:

Should  be a good day out.

Sounds a great weekend Andy. Enjoy yourself mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mallaig1983 said:

Sounds a great weekend Andy. Enjoy yourself mate.

Cheers, I am looking forward to it, it will be like a mini Exhibition, without the back packs and prams to get hit with and fall over.

I'm taking a couple of Locos to run, something I couldn't do very often, (in fact I never did) in 7mm.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1