Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

Just now, Graham T said:

That harbour is going to look great, can't wait to see it.  Probably tomorrow at this rate!

Cheers Graham, naa, busy day tomorrow and Band rehearsal tomorrow night so will need a good rest in the afternoon.

Cheers anyway for the vote of confidence.:good:

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Your making great progress Andy.  If work and family life stopped getting in the way, I may be able to do the same!

34 minutes ago, Graham T said:

That harbour is going to look great, can't wait to see it.  Probably tomorrow at this rate!

Tomorrow ... are you on the 'slow lines' Graham?  This Andy 'speedy' Peters you know .. .be done before you've read this :)

34 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

And now Video No 10. No Locos were hurt in the making of this Video.

Andy, I have to say the rate at which your doing these, its going to resemble a Netflix series and we're all going to have binge-watch!! At this rate the videos will show the layout completed before its actually finished ... then we'll catch up with progress about four months later!!!! :)

Enjoy band practice tomorrow mate - dont go doing too much, but I like the way the harbour lifts up and to one side - I wonder if you could look at one of those kitchen cupboard style gas hinges so your not taking all the weight of it when you lower it?  

Once the water is there, dont get wet by forgetting to drain it before lifting the hatch will you :)

Rich

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
On 04/09/2021 at 11:49, lezz01 said:

The current level of subs for Tring and district MRC is £120 pa. Like I said WOW!

Regards Lez.

On 04/09/2021 at 12:51, Monkersson said:

£10 per month, that is very cheap.

If you only go 3 times a month that is under £3.50 for a night out with mates nattering about a common interest.

If the club owns the property, as the MRC does it can keep subs low, if it rents like my club (Lincoln) does then our £10 a month seems good.

Still cannot beat my old club, the Witham club. As a temporary meeting place after having to leave the cellar in the 1980s we moved into the club secretary's big garage . Last time we paid subs was in the 1990s for some special reason, only one years worth £5 (might have been £10)  and we got free tea and biscuits, and mince pies at Xmas. 

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

A chap called Ian Hicks Mudd built a layout using real water it even crossed a baseboard joint. I saw it at Wolverhampton about 30 years ago.

Nice work Andy gonna look good

currently sat in the motor home on the isle of wight

Don 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, MarshLane said:

Your making great progress Andy.  If work and family life stopped getting in the way, I may be able to do the same!

Tomorrow ... are you on the 'slow lines' Graham?  This Andy 'speedy' Peters you know .. .be done before you've read this :)

Andy, I have to say the rate at which your doing these, its going to resemble a Netflix series and we're all going to have binge-watch!! At this rate the videos will show the layout completed before its actually finished ... then we'll catch up with progress about four months later!!!! :)

Enjoy band practice tomorrow mate - dont go doing too much, but I like the way the harbour lifts up and to one side - I wonder if you could look at one of those kitchen cupboard style gas hinges so your not taking all the weight of it when you lower it?  

Once the water is there, dont get wet by forgetting to drain it before lifting the hatch will you :)

Rich

Thanks Rich, there is no weight to it really as the base is 4mm Ply. And it works well so I don't want to change it now.

Cheers for the idea though.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

24 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

If you only go 3 times a month that is under £3.50 for a night out with mates nattering about a common interest.

If the club owns the property, as the MRC does it can keep subs low, if it rents like my club (Lincoln) does then our £10 a month seems good.

Still cannot beat my old club, the Witham club. As a temporary meeting place after having to leave the cellar in the 1980s we moved into the club secretary's big garage . Last time we paid subs was in the 1990s for some special reason, only one years worth £5 (might have been £10)  and we got free tea and biscuits, and mince pies at Xmas. 

Mines FREE, BUT I ain't got no mates to play with.:o (Trains that is):D

• Funny 5

13 minutes ago, Donw said:

A chap called Ian Hicks Mudd built a layout using real water it even crossed a baseboard joint. I saw it at Wolverhampton about 30 years ago.

Nice work Andy gonna look good

currently sat in the motor home on the isle of wight

Don 

Thanks Don, so back to your old stomping ground then. :D

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Sorry? Apart from the eight of us yesterday you mean.

Well yeah, Very true, that was a great day Ian, so thanks again for that. It will be nice when you guys can come down, and we can stand in the doorway and watch Mike, @scoobyra driving Trains into each other.:o:fie::laugh:.

It was good to be with such a merry crowd, all with like minded interest, = BBQ food and cake eating.:dancer:

P.S I meant like mates that are 5 minutes away.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Who's fault is that? They didn't move away.

:punish:

Yep, very true mate, I do miss Jeff, @binny, John B, John M, Mark O, Peter @PeterBBand Ade @Adrian Stevensonpopping around for a coffee and chat on a Tuesday evening, / Our Mini Club nights.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

5 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Who's fault is that? They didn't move away.

:punish:

Just now, Andrew P said:

Yep, very true mate, I do miss Jeff, @binny, John B, John M, Mark O, Peter @PeterBBand Ade @Adrian Stevensonpopping around for a coffee and chat on a Tuesday evening, / Our Mini Club nights.

Having said that, Peter, @PeterBB has chased me down here and is now at Tidworth or some such place in Wiltshire.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Don, so back to your old stomping ground then. :D

Yes we quite miss the island it is a great place for walking lots of interesting walks but not as fierce as the quantocks and exmoor

almost in shouting distance of you.

Don 

• Funny 3

9 minutes ago, Donw said:

Yes we quite miss the island it is a great place for walking lots of interesting walks but not as fierce as the quantocks and exmoor

almost in shouting distance of you.

Don 

I'll go and stand on top of Portsdown Hill in the morning and we can wave at each other.

When are you moving back?:D

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Enjoying the videos and this thread Andy inspired me on to building a new board/layout 

Made it a quay/wharf before you got going on your idea so that’s handy I’ll be picking up tips on your water install etc.

The build is progressing at an amazing rate!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1