Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

Does not the DCC bus feed to the layout, or at least a good length of track either side of the flap go through it? Otherwise there is danger of plummeting stock if it’s not down. If taking the bus feed at least 5amp would be safer. I assume it’s  just a non- latching push button, which aren’t often rated for continuous current flow.

As shown in the diagram that I posted a couple of days ago, it is the direct feed from the Controller, so KILLS the whole Layout, and ran for over 3 1/2 hours this morning with no issues.

Thanks for your input.:good:938270713_CircuitbreakeronLiftingFlap..png.3e3717fcd70c5ecc508ffe43662fb882.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Donw said:

WRT the push button assuming it is suitably rated (I would opt for 5A but at least 2A) it should be ok because generally there will be little or no current when lifting or restoring the flap. It is there for safety in case.

Don 

And so far, has done its job. :P

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

As shown in the diagram that I posted a couple of days ago, it is the direct feed from the Controller, so KILLS the whole Layout, and ran for over 3 1/2 hours this morning with no issues.

Hi Andy,

IF you wanted to run on some of the layout with the flap up, this is how you could do it.

1453272801_210907Flapcontrol..png.eb542fd0a6fe6fbe115cfe462b21c913.png

As I said, if, and only if!

Paul.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Hi Andy,

IF you wanted to run on some of the layout with the flap up, this is how you could do it.

1453272801_210907Flapcontrol..png.eb542fd0a6fe6fbe115cfe462b21c913.png

As I said, if, and only if!

Paul.

Cheers Paul, the intention is to put in an over ride ON switch on the Control Panel, with a nice RED LED to remind me, its for local testing only.

I like your idea as well.

Cheers.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

Does not the DCC bus feed to the layout, or at least a good length of track either side of the flap go through it? Otherwise there is danger of plummeting stock if it’s not down. If taking the bus feed at least 5amp would be safer. I assume it’s  just a non- latching push button, which aren’t often rated for continuous current flow.

CL69548.jpg.8adadb2a758d04d737bea434dcc2a003.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So just over 3 1/2 hours of constant running this morning, and no issues found whilst I was un boxing the Stock and filling the Layout, only one more large crate to go later or tomorrow.

IMG_5639.JPG.3240ba527dfb7491f8074323114a030e.JPG

IMG_5643.JPG.2deeb0a156477d7f81c2573e1f359ad5.JPG

IMG_5644.JPG.d8e0764e91495cbfda81c06920b196d4.JPG

Like your DB 60 with the rake of Imreys JIA’s, very nice.  You managed to get a Bachmann Colas 70 (I remember Pitbull saying that they are hard to find).  Nice stock.  
Keep up the good progress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Melangoose said:

Like your DB 60 with the rake of Imreys JIA’s, very nice.  You managed to get a Bachmann Colas 70 (I remember Pitbull saying that they are hard to find).  Nice stock.  
Keep up the good progress.

Thanks Nigel, There is a story to the 70, I bought it, it was VERY expensive, and after I got it, I thought, NO, wrong era, I want to go back to the 90's, and so the dealer was happy to take it back.

Scroll forward about 4 days, and I thought; sod it, I should have kept that 70, so a quick phone call and it was re purchased.:dancer:

It does not have the correct box, and no paperwork, but I think the Sound may be Paul Chetters, it certaily drives like one of his projects.

I do like that DB 60 as well, just brilliant, still loads to unpack tomorrow, so more pics tomorrow.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Good progress ,

Im intrigued about the giant baby photo ?

Haha, :laugh: Its from a Remington Shaver Advert, and when I was Business Manager at a Garage, I came back from Lunch one day to find it on my desk with a sticker saying = IS THIS A PETERS LOVE CHILD?

I saw the funny side of it, but no one would own up to it.:D

• Funny 5

3 minutes ago, David Bell said:

You have covered a lot of ground in a month!

Thanks David, I always see the first Month and / or running session as a milestone, and on this build the two have come along together.

Now its more wining, of the Signals, (changes afoot, but more of that later) and making a decent control Panel.

Then the scenics will be the slow bit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Watched the video, is there a local limbo dancing class where you are going to practice going under the flap?

I do have a young Lady booked for once a week to give me lessons. :D:dancer::swoon:

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5

An excellent day in The POD with a few running sessions and some sorting out.

I already have a couple of ideas of some changes from the running sessions, and small details that will improve the Layout overall.

But first, I need to get on and do the Signals and Control Panel.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

An excellent day in The POD with a few running sessions and some sorting out.

I already have a couple of ideas of some changes from the running sessions, and small details that will improve the Layout overall.

But first, I need to get on and do the Signals and Control Panel.

I knew it, he's going to include some 7mm scale broad gauge!

• Funny 4