Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

Enjoyed the first running session Andy you really are an amazing person to have things up a running so quickly:D Not sure that all the modern stuff is quite my thing but that’s just personal , and if we were all like me they’d never be a layout built  :scratchhead:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Enjoyed the first running session Andy you really are an amazing person to have things up a running so quickly:D Not sure that all the modern stuff is quite my thing but that’s just personal , and if we were all like me they’d never be a layout built  :scratchhead:

Thanks Martin, I used to be a Dinosaur, but the tablets helped, and now I've moved into the21st Century. :D

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

5 minutes ago, Bill37 said:

Superb video Andy, great to see the running session and those JNA Falcon's look amazing.

Hi Bill, Cheers, Yes your right about the Falcons, I love em and need a few more soon. Cheers for your comments.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I enjoyed the running video but please Mr Peters can you put a health warning up for us of a sensitive disposition.

This video contains images of toy engines making noise :music: and some in Colas livery :blind:.

I got a L&YR 4-6-4T a real beast of a loco and Fowler class 3 2-6-2T today. Photos of them will appear in due course on Sheff Ex.

• Like 3
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So here is Todays Video, its a bit of a change for today, so I hope you all enjoy watching it, as much as I did making it

Andy,

I used to say slowdown with the building as your making us all look too slow.  Could you slow down with the video making now ... I'm on No. 4!!!! :)

Glad you are enjoying the build tho mate.  I did worry that you may regret the move from 7mm, but its great to see you back into what you do best - and the model railways good too :dancer:

Rich

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I enjoyed the running video but please Mr Peters can you put a health warning up for us of a sensitive disposition.

This video contains images of toy engines making noise :music: and some in Colas livery :blind:.

I got a L&YR 4-6-4T a real beast of a loco and Fowler class 3 2-6-2T today. Photos of them will appear in due course on Sheff Ex.

Cheers, New Locos? Sounds good mate, I'll pop over and have a gander later, I hope their not the same Multi Liveries as your Coaching Stock.:o :laugh:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Andy,

I used to say slowdown with the building as your making us all look too slow.  Could you slow down with the video making now ... I'm on No. 4!!!! :)

Glad you are enjoying the build tho mate.  I did worry that you may regret the move from 7mm, but its great to see you back into what you do best - and the model railways good too :dancer:

Rich

Cheers Rich, I don't even think about my old 7mm stuff now, I guess I'm so engrossed in this build that the mind is always planning for the next days adventure in The POD.

And as for doing what I do best, YES BODGING. :D

• Like 6

Hi Andy, I am enjoying the new layout build its looking great. the Locos parked up by the station certainly has that Eastleigh vibe. 

I don't mind the Colas livery and really quite like the class 70s they sound quite good and just look powerful.

Cheers Peter. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Andy, I am enjoying the new layout build its looking great. the Locos parked up by the station certainly has that Eastleigh vibe. 

I don't mind the Colas livery and really quite like the class 70s they sound quite good and just look powerful.

Cheers Peter. 

Yes I agree about the 70's both in looks and Sounds, mine is much better than in the last Video now that the Volume is right down. Might get another if I can find a Freightliner one at the right price, AND once I've finnished spending money on other things, see further down. :D

• Like 2

Needed loads of little bits for the Layout, but whilst in AC Models I saw this, made by Oxford Rail, and thought WOW, the quality is absolutely superb, and compared to Bachmann and Hornby, a really good price.

Its s such a shame that the Road side will rarely get seen, other than in a few pictures of the Street and entrance.

Also got the little Island building as well, such a shame the the original Island Platform Building got burned down a few years ago, and was replaced with this carbuncle of a building.

Just need a Footbridge next.

IMG_5693.JPG.fc57fe929d4465aacec8cdf23ec37333.JPG

IMG_5694.JPG.f4932f3fa5f48f7b3ce0fa800c227165.JPG

IMG_5695.JPG.c455ce58dd5cc1d2fcdde39a80623ad9.JPG

IMG_5698.JPG.112e261ac0138ff0d40238a5e7efb9ae.JPG

IMG_5699.JPG.03af8a2f1f0e990fbec9cbafd1d06866.JPG

IMG_5697.JPG.eb542e6c945c114b2b1c74da209c142a.JPG

IMG_5700.JPG.4f7f0eebc40c4a22bb20f5180570f750.JPG

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 1

Since back, I've made a start on the Control Panel, this should be fun.:fie:

Inside there will be a bank of about 50 of the Male / Female terminal Plugs, with the main wires attached, and then the wires from the switches on the front panel will go into the other halves so that I can take the front panel completely off to work on it, on the bench if need be.

IMG_5701.JPG.7414c50a5994375ef879290bb874b6c9.JPG

IMG_5702.JPG.4fd88c5e12386e636c9fcefe71737335.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

2 hours ago, pwr said:

Any Colas 56's Andy?

Paul R

Hi Paul, I very much doubt it, as much as I like them, I don't think they ever went West, although I will probably be proved wrong now.

It will be interesting to see what the Cavalex ones are going to like, the spec looks superb, and if their as good as the Wagons they make, it will be a winner.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Paul, I very much doubt it, as much as I like them, I don't think they ever went West, although I will probably be proved wrong now.

Hi Andy,

Very rare, but they have been - 56049 made it to Par and then onto Fowey Docks to recover a KFA wagon in December 2019

https://www.tauntontrains.co.uk/workingslog/byloco/56049

56078 worked a Westbury to Hemerdon and back from Totnes civil engineers CWR working in Jan 2014.

https://www.tauntontrains.co.uk/workingslog/byloco/56078

Out of your time period, but a couple of 56s did work the St Blazey to Cliffe Vale in 1995, if you need a rule #1.

The Colas ones got to Newton Abbot/Teigngrace regularly on the Timber traffic - so you could have a Cornish timber flow if you really wanted one!

56064 also reached Penzance in May 1995 on a charter

https://www.tauntontrains.co.uk/workingslog/byloco/56064

so an enthusiast goods lines trip to Newquay would give you a chance to use that extensive passenger stock that you've got hidden away from us all!!! :dancer: .. or maybe it could rescue the bubble car :P

Rich

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Very rare, but they have been - 56049 made it to Par and then onto Fowey Docks to recover a KFA wagon in December 2019

https://www.tauntontrains.co.uk/workingslog/byloco/56049

56078 worked a Westbury to Hemerdon and back from Totnes civil engineers CWR working in Jan 2014.

https://www.tauntontrains.co.uk/workingslog/byloco/56078

Out of your time period, but a couple of 56s did work the St Blazey to Cliffe Vale in 1995, if you need a rule #1.

The Colas ones got to Newton Abbot/Teigngrace regularly on the Timber traffic - so you could have a Cornish timber flow if you really wanted one!

56064 also reached Penzance in May 1995 on a charter

https://www.tauntontrains.co.uk/workingslog/byloco/56064

so an enthusiast goods lines trip to Newquay would give you a chance to use that extensive passenger stock that you've got hidden away from us all!!! :dancer: .. or maybe it could rescue the bubble car :P

Rich

Cheers Rich, Thanks for some great research, and dependant on what else I need, its worth a thought.:good:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1