Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

On 12/09/2021 at 15:02, Andrew P said:

SIGNALS  WHAT SIGNALS?:fie:

Unfortunately when I went to test it, I forgot the resistor, so blew the Red LED, so now it will only show Green and the feather.

You wouldn't see the feather with a red light anyway

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brian D said:

I'm fairly sure it doesn't matter Andy, aslong as the resister is in the dc circuit somewhere.

I did try it, by mistake on the Berko as I had set up a Train Tech one, and it didn't work Brian.

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Graham108 said:

I agree, the Feather would only be lit for the Green and Route, but it would have been nice just to hold a Train at the Signal whilst the Main or Branch are cleared.

• Friendly/supportive 1

I had a great evening last night with Mike @scoobyracoming around for a long running session, (finishing just before midnight).

We discussed many things and he brought around a pair of HST Coaches with his special magnetic super close couplings to test on my curves, and I'm please to report that they ran faultlessly behind the Dutch 37, so a great testament to both his engineering work and my Track laying.

Some photos will be put up later, as the camera is still in The POD, and the Movie footage will appear of future Videos.

Off back out side later, and MORE wiring for the Point Motors and Signals.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, pwr said:

Will you be contracting with Foster Yeoman direct for ballast Andy given you need so much of it!!! You could get it delivered by rail ha ha!

Paul R

The Drive has been cleared ready, I recon 2 Lorry loads should do it.:D

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

Well I wasn't expecting that. :o

I've just been informed that I have 5 new PROPER Ground Signals on their way to me, so now have to remove the Berko ones.

4 hardly used Berko Ground Signals, available soon.:D

• Like 9
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 13/09/2021 at 17:02, Graham108 said:

Would you like to see a photo of one?  Admittedly it is a b&w photo but it clearly show the JI illuminated and a red main aspect - with the sub illuminated - so not one of those quite  common  'passing moments' where the JI illuminates (as it should) before the main aspect changes.  

Not a bad photo although I did take through the cab window of a Class 60 I had 'borrowed' for some comparative time assess trials so it does suffer a little from windscreen grubbiness ;)

On 14/09/2021 at 15:08, Andrew P said:

The Drive has been cleared ready, I recon 2 Lorry loads should do it.:D

Don't!!!  When we moved into the house in Tilehurst it had a very steep drive which needed a bit of 'gradient improvement'. in order to get the car in and out.  i rang a contact at Whatley Quarry - still ARC in those days - to see if he could get about half a (cubic) yard of scalpings dropped off at my front gate. 'No problem Mike' was the reply so I duly waited a day or two for the scalpings to arrive - and had just over 2 tons of the stuff tipped on the pavement outside the gate.   We were in the house for a total of 29 years and it took me most of that time to somehow get rid of the surplus:diablo_mini:.  Now would you like me to speak to a former contact at Merehead on your behalf (if he hasn't been sacked yet?)

• Agree 2
  • Funny 5

On 13/09/2021 at 17:02, Graham108 said:

Hi,

Actually, you would, the feather illuminates before the red extinguishes as part of the lamp proving of the feather.

However in a relay / mechanical interlocking, you wouldn’t actually see it due to the speed of the relays. 

In a Solid State / Computer Based Interlocking, you do see the feather illuminated for several seconds before the aspect changes. As Cornwall is about to become mostly controlled by a Computer Based Interlocking, it might be quite appropriate!

Simon

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

3 hours ago, shedman said:

About the control panel - is it me, or have you missed out a crossover on the main lines to the right of the station, and another where the sidings come out onto the inside loop? Or am I jumping the gun? Best Wishes, Trevor

The position for the switches was marked in pencil, so that I can put in one switch to work the two Points as a crossover Trevor.

See new post shortly.

IMG_5741.JPG.0fb86d01297e56c9e972a2b145451c71.JPG

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Not a bad photo although I did take through the cab window of a Class 60 I had 'borrowed' for some comparative time assess trials so it does suffer a little from windscreen grubbiness ;)

Don't!!!  When we moved into the house in Tilehurst it had a very steep drive which needed a bit of 'gradient improvement'. in order to get the car in and out.  i rang a contact at Whatley Quarry - still ARC in those days - to see if he could get about half a (cubic) yard of scalpings dropped off at my front gate. 'No problem Mike' was the reply so I duly waited a day or two for the scalpings to arrive - and had just over 2 tons of the stuff tipped on the pavement outside the gate.   We were in the house for a total of 29 years and it took me most of that time to somehow get rid of the surplus:diablo_mini:.  Now would you like me to speak to a former contact at Merehead on your behalf (if he hasn't been sacked yet?)

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

But thanks for the very kind offer.:laugh:

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

And now for Trevor, and anyone else that might be interested, I have fitted all the Switches with the  exception of the on / off / on for the Programming Track as I still have to buy the switch and forgot to drill the Hole.

I have gone along the back and tinned the solder posts so that I'm ready to install.

IMG_5745.JPG.bd33c3d96bb9f3141d3f2a4e0e01acdd.JPG

• Like 14

40 minutes ago, shedman said:

Yes, thanks Andy. I understand what you're doing. I'd have put a diagonal piece of tape across. Just a different way of doing things. Trevor

Cheers Trevor, I did have some tape across on a previous panel, but it was so short the 1/4inch drill ripped it out, so I will add a little black paint there when I get them out.

I do agree it looks a bit odd at the moment though.

16 minutes ago, Jerry1975 said:

Very nice Andy, very neat and tidy control panel, I like the way you explain things, easy to understand and follow. 

Jerry. 

Thanks Jerry, and pleased your following and understanding what I'm trying to do.

:good: