Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

NOTE TO MY FOLLOWERS.:good:

I saw on another thread a post that said go to the Privacy box, bottom right of the screen and change the add settings. 

I have and it seems to have worked for me, almost Add free now, who's a happy bunny then:dancer:.

EDIT = SEE MY POST BELOW.:banghead:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Graham T said:

Things appear better on my mobile too, but I think it might be down to some action from the admins rather than the privacy button.

Yep same here too. Happy days. And a Bute Road video to watch when I get in from work too. Good stuff.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

NOTE TO MY FOLLOWERS.:good:

I saw on another thread a post that said go to the Privacy box, bottom right of the screen and change the add settings. 

I have and it seems to have worked for me, almost Add free now, who's a happy bunny then:dancer:.

12 minutes ago, Graham T said:

Things appear better on my mobile too, but I think it might be down to some action from the admins rather than the privacy button.

10 minutes ago, mallaig1983 said:

Yep same here too. Happy days. And a Bute Road video to watch when I get in from work too. Good stuff.

Just logged out and back in and the Adds are back.:banghead:

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Just logged out and back in and the Adds are back.:banghead:

Don’t log out! Thought actually you were always logged in :nowinkclear: 

Good to know though on the privacy button works for me, happy to click when I log in rather than be faced with those banners! Well one on the bottom was ok but not the recent downgrade!

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, AdeMoore said:

Don’t log out! Thought actually you were always logged in :nowinkclear: 

Good to know though on the privacy button works for me, happy to click when I log in rather than be faced with those banners! Well one on the bottom was ok but not the recent downgrade!

Yes, I agree, going for the Privacy button on a long term (i.e. all evening) log in sounds a great idea, and one that I can live with.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Melangoose said:

Hi Andy,

Just been watching your latest video.  Have you personalised your Dirty Silver Bullet wagons (the appear to have red logos on barrels).  Doesn’t look like the Nacco logo that I remember seeing them with the faded ECC on the other end.

Hi Nigel, No they are as they came from Hattons, I didn't know there was a difference. Very interesting.

• Like 1

I am using Opera - not getting any ads at all. It does have a built-in VPN but, I don't view RMWeb through the VPN. The built-in Ad Blocker is active though. 

Opera is free to download and worth a try if you're having problems - Google Ads was the reason I switched.

Regards

Andi

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Graham T said:

Don't give him any ideas!

It does raise though the interesting thought about what those adverts might be for - second hand musical equipment- videos on how to build layouts - cars the possibilities are quite extensive if you think about it.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, andi4x4 said:

I am using Opera - not getting any ads at all. It does have a built-in VPN but, I don't view RMWeb through the VPN. The built-in Ad Blocker is active though. 

Opera is free to download and worth a try if you're having problems - Google Ads was the reason I switched.

Regards

Andi

Thanks Andi, I had my Lap top set up at the Store, and not being a teqnophobe type struggle with changes like your suggesting. Also its fine on every other site, forum etc, so I'm not going to change my system just for here.

Its really bad again this morning, but I'll give it a couple more days.

I really do appreciate your input and advice though.

• Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Folks, there is a separate topic for the adverts issue. May I suggest putting comments on adverts there and keeping this (and other topics) for less stress-inducing matters?

THANKS, What a brilliant suggestion, I didn't know about that thread.

SO, YES PLEASE, LETS DO AS SUGGESTED HERE.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

It does raise though the interesting thought about what those adverts might be for - second hand musical equipment- videos on how to build layouts - cars the possibilities are quite extensive if you think about it.

This morning I've had = Knife sharpers, Sky Sports, Hand Bags, Flights from Southampton, Dashboard hints and Tips, and that's just whilst I'm typing this.

BUT, As St Enodoc suggested, lets post further comments in the dedicated thread please.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Andrew P said:

:devil:

Now I don't know if its just me, but I'm getting Adds both top and bottom of the screen, and I now cant even see a complete photo without moving the side bar up and down.

I KNOW the site needs funds, and Adverts help pay for that, but on my Laptop I now only have about a 5 inch band for content.

This is very frustrating, so not sure how long I will continue with this.:banghead:

I have switched to Firefox and used the settings to block ads. I don't get anything now. Like you I accept the site has to be paid for but it was getting beyond the pail.

Paul R

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

I have switched to Firefox and used the settings to block ads. I don't get anything now. Like you I accept the site has to be paid for but it was getting beyond the pail.

Paul R

Cheers Paul, But I'm not changing my Lap Top settings just for RMW when all the other sites I visit have no issues. Yes I agree the site needs revenue.

Thanks anyway mate. 

• Agree 2