Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

26 minutes ago, Melangoose said:

Liked the latest video Andy, you are a man of many talents.

I wouldn't say talent, I paint a bit, Play in  a Rock Band, and build the odd Model Railways, but I'm not an expert in any of them, I just muff my way along as best I can and learn from more talented people than me.

Cheers anyway for the nice compliment Nigel.:good:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I wouldn't say talent, I paint a bit, Play in  a Rock Band, and build the odd Model Railways, but I'm not an expert in any of them, I just muff my way along as best I can and learn from more talented people than me.

Cheers anyway for the nice compliment Nigel.:good:

You do your self a serious injustice there. You are definitely a Reneicouse..,.renacoze  Man oh it let's just say your multi talented.

On aslightly more serious note I'm pleased to inform you that once I get my a..e in gear I will definitely be following you by installing a flap on my layout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

On aslightly more serious note I'm pleased to inform you that once I get my a..e in gear I will definitely be following you by installing a flap on my layout.

Will that be for the cat? :punish:

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

Excellent scenic painting there Andy, very helpful, well done...

Thanks George, I've had a nice running session this morning for a change, and will post that up on Friday, along with a bit of a surprise.:good:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

You do your self a serious injustice there. You are definitely a Reneicouse..,.renacoze  Man oh it let's just say your multi talented.

Thanks once again Young Man.

The Flap that I re designed so that I could duck under is better, but still not perfect as I cant get under without hilding on to something, so cant carry my coffee and cake in there with it down.:banghead:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

The Flap that I re designed so that I could duck under is better, but still not perfect as I cant get under without hilding on to something, so cant carry my coffee and cake in there with it down.:banghead:

If you get the memsahib to follow behind you - at a reasonable distance of course,  with the coffee and cake. She can then pass it to you once you've limboed under the flap.

Or even better get one of the sons to build you a serving hatch so that the memsahib can pass through the coffee and cake. You could fix up a bell so that you ring when you feel a bit peckish.

Please note I'm to far away to collect you from the hospital once you've been discharged from A & E. :P

• Like 2
  • Funny 7

Nice Running Session this morning, and also the Cottage and Pub arrived, I still have another Pub coming so not sure which will end up in Trewenn, it could be neither as I've commissioned some Buildings for Trewenn, so things might yet change.

IMG_5944.JPG.e6a529790b98f4d755b970adc86dacc3.JPG

IMG_5947.JPG.2860fe6febfb9fda89ffa01b125f9b8a.JPG

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

so can’t carry my coffee and cake in there with it down

That’s what the shelf with the tankards is for.

Place on shelf from outside.

Limbo under, holding on.

Pick up from shelf from inside.

There, that wasn’t difficult was it?!

Paul.

P.S. I need to hold onto the floor when my flap is down.  If I were only 9 months it would be called crawling!

Edited by 5BarVT
Add P.S.
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Graham T said:

Would look even better with some bullhead rail and a Prairie ;)

(Ducks for cover)

NOT necessary Graham,:D

I did in fact contemplate early to Mid 60's Transition period, ie 22's, Hymeks, etc with the odd Pannier and Parries thrown in for good measure, hence the original idea of Semaphore Signals.

I could have run both periods as the Landscape is the same, but then I started to think about the signs on the Station, the Vehicles, and then finally the cost of at least two lots of Rolling Stock. :o

Then I thought about the Blue Period with lots of 37's, (as well as):fie:

Then the 3 Tone Grey 90's.( as well as).:banghead:

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

That’s what the shelf with the tankards is for.

Limbo under, holding on.

There, that wasn’t difficult was it?!

Paul.

P.S. I need to hold onto the floor when my flap is down.  If I were only 9 months it would be called crawling!

You missed a bit;

Limbo under, holding on.

Spill over the Layout,

Curse,

Clean up mess,

Got get some more,

AND DO IT AGAIN.

There, that wasn’t difficult was it?! WAS DIFFICULT wasn't it.:notme:

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Looked  back to show my hinged section on Rothleigh but realised that all that work was not recorded ... anyway using a piece of 2x1" about 16" long 'hinge' screwed into the wall held it up to go out so it was easy bringing back food in both hands and release.  I was pleased that with no further attention it still located track properly 6 years plus afterwards.

Enjoying the video scenic painting and reminded of the session that you did with Big John  - how long ago?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great backscene videos Andy, really informative and useful.

Beauty of doing your own is that it’s designed to fit your layout requirements and not trying to make the layout fit a ready made one…

Layouts coming on well.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

Looked  back to show my hinged section on Rothleigh but realised that all that work was not recorded ... anyway using a piece of 2x1" about 16" long 'hinge' screwed into the wall held it up to go out so it was easy bringing back food in both hands and release.  I was pleased that with no further attention it still located track properly 6 years plus afterwards.

Enjoying the video scenic painting and reminded of the session that you did with Big John  - how long ago?

Cheers Peter, I  remember your lifting flap, and how well it worked,

And it was August 2017 Peter, I was a young man back then.:D:dancer:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KNP said:

Great backscene videos Andy, really informative and useful.

Beauty of doing your own is that it’s designed to fit your layout requirements and not trying to make the layout fit a ready made one…

Layouts coming on well.

Thanks Kevin, Yes that is certainly the main advantage of doing your own to fit the Location, i.e. the Mountains of Scotland, Wales, Cumbria etc or the flatlands of somewhere like Lincolnshire. or the Somerset Levels I guess.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 30/09/2021 at 05:16, Andrew P said:

Thanks Kevin, Yes that is certainly the main advantage of doing your own to fit the Location, i.e. the Mountains of Scotland, Wales, Cumbria etc or the flatlands of somewhere like Lincolnshire. or the Somerset Levels I guess.

A plain blue backscene can be everywhere and nowhere (baby).

Edited by St Enodoc
check quotations, don't rely on memory
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 29/09/2021 at 14:47, Andrew P said:

You need one of those bed tables that you can sit on top without damaging the layout, put coffee and cake on it,  crawl under, and bob’s your uncle.

• Like 1