Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

2 minutes ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Yet another very enjoyable video Andy, nice to see a couple of blue JIA NACCO IMERYS in action on Bute Road, i managed tp pick up three of these during my visit to GETS yesterday.

Jolly good, did you enjoy the Show and see Mike and the gang with Oak Road? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Jolly good, did you enjoy the Show and see Mike and the gang with Oak Road? 

No Andy, although i very much enjoyed the show i found it difficult to view a lot of the layouts due to the crowds and by late afternoon when it started to thin out i had to head off home.

• Informative/Useful 1

13 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Just watched the latest video Andy, and really love the class 150, make a nice break from all the freight ?,,

Cheers George, just need a 153 next.:D Says he who didn't want Passenger Trains.:laugh:

• Like 2
  • Funny 6

This morning I've finished adjusting all the Loco Sounds.

I have a 66 and 60 with Hornby TTS Sounds, both run superbly but I had the Volumes on minimum and they were still far to loud, so I ended up with a bit of dense sponge and insulating tape over the Speaker to deaden them down a bit.

Video 23 is already filmed so we won't hear any difference until Video 24 and beyond.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brian Hawkins said:

When will video 23 be available to view Andy ? i'm getting low on popcorn once again and desperate to visit my local later this afternoon !

Probably Friday, but that depends on what gets done this week, If progress is good then I might throw it in earlier, and have another new one for Friday Brian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

and also a bit of foam between the coaches on the 150.

That’s clever.  Something to remove the visual gap but flexible enough for curves.  Passes the 3’ rule I’m sure.

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

3 hours ago, pwr said:

Andy - is that 153 on order yet?

Paul R

Haha, No not yet, there doesn't appear to be any new ones around, and I'm watching a used on on EB, but that look heavily weathered.

Plenty of time, I need some more Buildings first.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I've also finished fitting all the front end details to the Locos, and also a bit of foam between the coaches on the 150.

IMG_6004.JPG.c468935212e70a247dd4c23f2c1c1d22.JPG

Hi Andy,

Is there not a 'short-bar-coupling' option available anywhere? I appreciate the camera will make the gap seem bigger than it is, but it does seem a bit OTT, especially for those modellers with reasonable curves?  Could a couple of medium kadees do the trick?

Rich

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Is there not a 'short-bar-coupling' option available anywhere? I appreciate the camera will make the gap seem bigger than it is, but it does seem a bit OTT, especially for those modellers with reasonable curves?  Could a couple of medium kadees do the trick?

Rich

Hi Rich, No as the bar supplied also carries the current for all the lighting in the Trailer Car, i.e. directional head and tail plus interior lights.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

That's a good idea with the foam to fill the gap but as @MarshLane says the gap seems a bit large, I'm sure mine don't sit that far apart. Could it be that the foam is a little too long, pushing the coaches apart and pulling the close coupling mechanisms out on their springs as far as the slack/slop in the couplings will allow?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Rich, No as the bar supplied also carries the current for all the lighting in the Trailer Car, i.e. directional head and tail plus interior lights.

Ah! Good comment. Id not thought of that, although I suppose a separate function decoder in the trailer on the same number as the main would get round it, but probably not worth the hassle ... especially as given the amount of freight traffic on this line, passenger services are likely to be limited to 4.76 return trips a year :P

Rich

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Andy there are several different lengths of the bar, though perhaps the ‘short’ one was swapped if it’s a secondhand unit? I’ve got some in the shed I’ll have a look what I’ve got and let you know.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, Temeraire said:

Andy there are several different lengths of the bar, though perhaps the ‘short’ one was swapped if it’s a secondhand unit? I’ve got some in the shed I’ll have a look what I’ve got and let you know.

Cheers Ian, it was New from Kernow and looks shorter than some I've seen.

Much appreciated.:good:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Looking good Andy.

3 hours ago, David Bell said:

That is coming along nicely Andy,

Cheers

David

Thanks Brian and David, I'm really pleased with it so far.

• Like 1