Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

25 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

True, but then again I am in Edinburgh as a missionary from Glasgow .....

Go back to May 1970, and my mate and I spent the night camping in an Ex Co-op Ford Thames Van in Edinburgh Cattle Market, now not a lot of people can say that.:D

We were up there for the Scottish Six Days Motor Cycle Trials that started there and then went on to Fort William for the rest of the week.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Rather you than me!  If I'm thinking of the right place (Chesser/Stenhouse?) then it's been built on with a large supermarket, with the old cattle market being a conference/concert/event venue.

• Informative/Useful 3

5 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

Rather you than me!  If I'm thinking of the right place (Chesser/Stenhouse?) then it's been built on with a large supermarket, with the old cattle market being a conference/concert/event venue.

On the way home on the Friday we parked in Sauchiehall St, Glasgow, outside of Woolworths, and got up Sat morning, opened the back doors of the Van, lit the primus stove got our camp chairs out, and did a cooked breakfast in the Road, and no one took a blind bit of notice.:dancer:

• Like 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold

You've been very quiet this week Andy, all ok?  Or are you just going to surprise us tomorrow with a video showing the layout has been finished, run through, advertised, sold, and stripped down? :)

Hope the knee is better.

Rich

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

43 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

You've been very quiet this week Andy, all ok?  Or are you just going to surprise us tomorrow with a video showing the layout has been finished, run through, advertised, sold, and stripped down? :)

Hope the knee is better.

Rich

Cheers Rich, A busy week with Layout and other jobs, but get bugged on here with the Adds and so do it in small batches.

I'm saving a special for next week, with loads to show.:D

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Alex TM said:

True, but then again I am in Edinburgh as a missionary from Glasgow .....

In BR days (and probably still now) the E&G service was the most profitable for its length of any on the network - because of all the folk who were happy to work in one of the cities but would never dream of living there. Hence there was and is a strong commuter flow in both directions (disclosure: I lived in Edinburgh and worked in Glasgow for a while).

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

A little while ago I aquired  a kit for hedgerows etc but was not to sure how to go about making them  , now I do .Thank you for such a good vidio  and clear instructions I wish I was as good an artist as you are your vidios are very helpful even though I have been a modeler since the fifties you can always learn new ideas thank you. Chris 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lmsforever said:

A little while ago I aquired  a kit for hedgerows etc but was not to sure how to go about making them  , now I do .Thank you for such a good vidio  and clear instructions I wish I was as good an artist as you are your vidios are very helpful even though I have been a modeler since the fifties you can always learn new ideas thank you. Chris 

Cheers Chris, And glad it was of some help, I love doing my Scenics, and Splodging a Bit here and Splodging a bit there, it like being a Kid at school again. :dancer:

Have you seen the Scenic ones I did on my Seven Mills Sidings at the beginning of the Year? 

I changed a Fuelling Point  into over grown Sidings.

No's 68,69 and 70.

• Like 4

So, this morning, and feeling a little fragile with not ONE, but NOW TWO painful Hips, and the sore knee now worse after last nights extended Band Rehearsal, and me leaping about like a demented Baboon that didn't help matters, I actually did some scenics on BR.

I've just put in the cardboard formers ready for the Masking Tape job either tomorrow or Monday.

IMG_6225.JPG.41800aec6663ae3084108754fd96550b.JPG

IMG_6226.JPG.d2e4da80b1e6d133848d26eb0a36fd52.JPG

IMG_6227.JPG.36080374fe9f9252cfd1e2826e38a93c.JPG

IMG_6228.JPG.45740e221245105108ea30d0fdc51159.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks for thye vidios Andy very helpful  I have been building a couple of Pop Up Kits  a waiting room and water tower  these will make my layout properly Scottish .Reccomend you have a look at them never know could be of use also the owners very friendly.  Chris

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, lmsforever said:

Thanks for thye vidios Andy very helpful  I have been building a couple of Pop Up Kits  a waiting room and water tower  these will make my layout properly Scottish .Reccomend you have a look at them never know could be of use also the owners very friendly.  Chris

Hi Chris, I cant find your Layout to have a look at the Kits, what is it called again please?

I am not on here with a layout have not got round to  posting a layout topic but if I can work out how to I will have a go.If you look at the Pop Up website tou will see excellent pivtures ot the railway kits.  Thanks for the vide Andy.   Chris

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lmsforever said:

I am not on here with a layout have not got round to  posting a layout topic but if I can work out how to I will have a go.If you look at the Pop Up website tou will see excellent pivtures ot the railway kits.  Thanks for the vide Andy.   Chris

Yes, found them, they look excellent Chris.:good:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So, this morning, and feeling a little fragile with not ONE, but NOW TWO painful Hips, and the sore knee now worse after last nights extended Band Rehearsal, and me leaping about like a demented Baboon that didn't help matters, I actually did some scenics on BR.

I've just put in the cardboard formers ready for the Masking Tape job either tomorrow or Monday.

IMG_6225.JPG.41800aec6663ae3084108754fd96550b.JPG

IMG_6226.JPG.d2e4da80b1e6d133848d26eb0a36fd52.JPG

IMG_6227.JPG.36080374fe9f9252cfd1e2826e38a93c.JPG

IMG_6228.JPG.45740e221245105108ea30d0fdc51159.JPG

I am not sure you warrant sympathy after behaving like a rock star! Good to know you haven't lost your enthusiasm. The modelling is coming on nice.

Don

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 minutes ago, Donw said:

I am not sure you warrant sympathy after behaving like a rock star! Good to know you haven't lost your enthusiasm. The modelling is coming on nice.

Don

Thanks Don, its that that keeps me feeling young in the head, not sure the rest of me appreciates it though.:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2

4 hours ago, Bogie said:

Where's the video of you "leaping about like a demented Baboon"?

I did actually do a Video on Friday, but the Camera keeps coming up as ERROR, when I try to see it or down load it, we will try again on Thursday this week.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I did actually do a Video on Friday, but the Camera keeps coming up as ERROR, when I try to see it or down load it, we will try again on Thursday this week.

Perhaps you left the "parental guidance" setting on.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Donw said:

Don

I’m just hoping the demented baboon performance doesn’t make it into the next video ……..:yahoo:

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

Perhaps you left the "parental guidance" setting on.

3 minutes ago, Dragonboy said:

I’m just hoping the demented baboon performance doesn’t make it into the next video ……..:yahoo:

It would need Parental Guidance and NOOOOOOOO It won't be in the next Video, but there will be a surprise for Friday 29th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

It would need Parental Guidance and NOOOOOOOO It won't be in the next Video, but there will be a surprise for Friday 29th.

Well it’s near Halloween so it might be scary …….I dread to thing what he has up his sleeve ……

• Funny 2