Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

14 minutes ago, Wrenn said:

Nice pictures of the loco,s and rolling stock. My favourite rolling stock is the Network Rail falcon wagons.

Yeah, I wish I had the room for more, but sadly that would take up the whole Layout.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

O.K. Some pics from today, not brilliant as they were just snaps taken on the little Canon, but you will get an idea of what I've been up to.

IMG_5674.JPG.7810fa2ea77f02e2bddb0318b4c60325.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG.a0c283da4d84e4ab04d9fc0d6e745845.JPG

IMG_5677.JPG.f5c3502bff3533d24acc1ba1a88f6025.JPG

Yes. Looking forward to rakes trundling over the harbour bridge Andy. Is this modellers license or the real world. If so any prototypical images? 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 minutes ago, Crisis Rail said:

Yes. Looking forward to rakes trundling over the harbour bridge Andy. Is this modellers license or the real world. If so any prototypical images? 

See page 23 for photos and see Video No 11.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Im looking forward to the CDA’s :lol:

Thanks Paul, they are the latest Hornby ones, and a couple need their back to back sorting, but other than that the detail from 3 ft away with one eye closed is fine.:D

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

6 minutes ago, mudmagnet said:

Excellent progress Andy.

A great selection of stock - which I expect you will be weathering up!

Cheers Richard, Yep LOADS of weathering to do, in fact, almost EVERY bit of Stock including the Loco Fleet. At least I can go to Eastleigh and see, first hand, what I need to do.

Like these bits.

IMG_5253.JPG.04ba0b72e2519b4386b38e390c4ba250.JPG

Two tone Yellow?

IMG_4948.JPG.f06bc76bd8e78f8380009a4368c7a773.JPG

Painted out EWS.

IMG_5257.JPG.3fce4128f7b04d445eff21e14d725143.JPG

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Shades of Eastleigh?

IMG_5681.JPG.5d4c83a02a85527505c390f62e093cbe.JPG

Loco liveries can be quite subjective. I didn't think anyone could design one that was worse then Load Haul, Colas Rail Freight trumped it hands down.

Mortimore was last seen running for cover.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Loco liveries can be quite subjective. I didn't think anyone could design one that was worse then Load Haul, Colas Rail Freight trumped it hands down.

Mortimore was last seen running for cover.

Now you see, this is where I totally disagree with you Old Boy. LoadHaul, Black / Orange was stunning, especially on 60's, and as for Colas, I wasn't sure to start with but now I love it.:dancer: 

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Now you see, this is where I totally disagree with you Old Boy. LoadHaul, Black / Orange was stunning, especially on 60's, and as for Colas, I wasn't sure to start with but now I love it.:dancer: 

Now I could be rude and say something about going to Specsavers.

Sod it I will. image.png.5cf830d5ff380732feccf2e80a0b2d24.png

• Funny 15

Changes already?

No / Yes.

Many discussions have taken place about the cut out switch at the door flap. It has not given rise to any issues in over 3 days of running, but this afternoon I decided to change things, NOT because the cut out didn't work, but because I wanted to add a Distant Signal to the Main Line between the door flap and the Fiddle Yard.

In order to get the wires across the flap, I needed a plug and socket to carry the 3 Signal wires across the gap.

SO, I decided that whilst doing that, I could also add the two Track feed wires, and also replace the cut out switch with a plug in connector.

So now when the flap is down in the running position, I have to physically plug in the feed, so there can be no mistakes and it does the same job as before when disconnected. 

IMG_5688.JPG.a13976a8be9f77e2140f31f092ae8d46.JPG

IMG_5687.JPG.15348d45fbea6f7c1d990ec304115ef0.JPG

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Agree, i think Loadhaul looks good on everything, even the 121 route learner.

Not so sure about Colas!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Nice pictures of the loco,s and rolling stock. My favourite rolling stock is the Network Rail falcon wagons.

Hi Kevin, Sorry I missed replying to your post yesterday, Yes the Falcons are nice, and I've just seen some pics of them in use for Scrap and Spoil so I may need a few more by the looks of things.:D