Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

Had a good night last night, A mate came around and we chewed the fat and played around with some Track until just gone 11pm, but sorted out a lot of bits that needed some thought.:good:

So as I said above, I will start making Video 3 today, and see where that leads us.

Having these deadlines has both advantages and disadvantages in equal measure.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I go missing for a few days and Andrew has built a new set of baseboards, the thread is on page 9 plus there are videos already. 

Regarding fiddle yards on a home roundy, I am planning to hide mine behind the sausage factory. Pigs in cattle wagons and other supplies in 12T vans incoming with breakfasts in Palethorpes vans outgoing. There will be a low relief building on a loading platform and double factory gate at one end which is fenced off for unloading livestock.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Ian, Not quite sure what you mean, I think everyone else can watch the Videos O.K. if that is what you mean.

I can't see any reason for not to work.

All sorted Mr P. After I posted my comment I thought I would have another try but this time on my phone and sure enough up you popped. Can I ask a daft question when you build your baseboards what's the maximum length/width h you choose? I ask because the boards I have are quite deep/wide and i'm wondering if I might have over done it?

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

I go missing for a few days and Andrew has built a new set of baseboards, the thread is on page 9 plus there are videos already. 

Regarding fiddle yards on a home roundy, I am planning to hide mine behind the sausage factory. Pigs in cattle wagons and other supplies in 12T vans incoming with breakfasts in Palethorpes vans outgoing. There will be a low relief building on a loading platform and double factory gate at one end which is fenced off for unloading livestock.

Do keep up,haha.  .i would like something in front of mine but the guitars are in the way again now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

All sorted Mr P. After I posted my comment I thought I would have another try but this time on my phone and sure enough up you popped. Can I ask a daft question but when you build your baseboards what's the maximum length you choose? I ask because the boards I have are quite deep/wide and i'm wondering if I might have over done it?

I would normally say a max of 6ft x 2ft but I have used the full 8ft sheet for my fiddle yard as it ain't going anywhere in the near future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I would normally say a max of 6ft x 2ft but I have used the full 8ft sheet for my fiddle yard as it ain't going anywhere in the near future.

Thanks for that. You turn them over as well to do the wiring don't you? Sorry to asking such 'simple' questions its just that I'm determined to get some work done on the layout this winter unless of course life intrudes.

• Like 2

oooops just realised with your starting the 3rd Video that I don't remember the 1st one so back I go.................... for a rerun or a first watch.  :sungum:

EDIT>>>  Found it in the very first post and I had watched it so I'm up to speed.

Edited by Barnaby
  • Friendly/supportive 2

5 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I take it due to the lack of photos it finished and sold already? :lol:

I’m only jealous because you build them quickly and I’m at the opposite end of the scale :good:

We will never know how many layouts Andy has built ‘under cover’ that would fall into built and sold and never photographed as he probably doesn’t know himself. I’m fairly sure he builds on every night under the duvet in dreamland :crazy_mini:

• Funny 5

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Thanks for that. You turn them over as well to do the wiring don't you? Sorry to asking such 'simple' questions its just that I'm determined to get some work done on the layout this winter unless of course life intrudes.

Yes I find that turning them on their back and standing upright to do the wiring is a dammed site easier than struggling underneath, and that's another reason for the over centre latches and the electric joining plugs, as well, and also this time not fitting the backscene to the Layout, as that makes it more difficult if very high.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Barnaby said:

oooops just realised with your starting the 3rd Video that I don't remember the 1st one so back I go.................... for a rerun or a first watch.  :sungum:

EDIT>>>  Found it in the very first post and I had watched it so I'm up to speed.

Set a reminder on = Andy Peters Model Railways, My You Tube channel.:good:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

I take it due to the lack of photos it finished and sold already? :lol:

I’m only jealous because you build them quickly and I’m at the opposite end of the scale :good:

Far from it young Chris, this I had planned to do some more Track configuration this morning, but then got caught up re planning how the Guitars were going to fit into the equation, so moved the Amp and Draw unit back to where they were last week. 

I'm also going to re do the centre support for the 8ft Fiddle Yard board, to do away with the Lag (that should have been leg) that is in my way.

TOMORROW will now be the start of Track offerings, and maybe, JUST MAYBE, if your good, I'll have some pics of T R A C K.:dancer:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gismorail said:

We will never know how many layouts Andy has built ‘under cover’ that would fall into built and sold and never photographed as he probably doesn’t know himself. I’m fairly sure he builds on every night under the duvet in dreamland :crazy_mini:

2002 Milton Road.

2003 Crammore Bridge.

2005 Blackwater Riverside.

2006 Kingsmill Viaduct.

2006 Kingsmill Yard.

2008 Crammore Inn.

2008 Lavender Hill MPD.

2008 Trent Valley Freightliner Depot.

2009 St Budoc, O Gauge.

2010 Deesdale Road.

2010 Glen Roy.

2011 Loch Leven.

2012 Masons Lane.

2012 Trebudoc, O Gauge.

2013 Bute Road (Midland).

2013 Fiddlers Yard.

2013 Glenfinick, N Gauge.

2014 Bitton, (Abandoned).

2014 Kingsley, (Abandoned).

2015 Whittaker St, (Partly abandoned).

2015 Pencarne Junction and Trewenn.

2015 West Shed.

2016 North Road. (later abandoned, but most re used).

2016 Pencarne, (Part of Pencarne Jct).

2016 Porth Merryn.

2016 Willsbridge (Bath Road).

2017 Beal St, O Gauge.

2017 Bristol Victoria, (Morphed into Kingsford and then Kings Moreton).

2017 Kingsford North Yard and Depot.

2017 Kings Moreton.

2017 Trecarne.

2017 Trewithen.

2018 Pen Y Bont, O Gauge.

2018 Seven Mills Sidings and Dore End., (then separated and Dore End became Bala Town),

2019 Argyle St.

2019 Bala Town, O Gauge.

2019 Cadley Hill.

2019 Kingsmill (Midland) TMD.

2019 Mason St (Goods).

2019 New Mills.

2020 Privett Green.

2020 The Budoc Bridge Branch.

2021 Bench Road.

2021 Bute Road.

I may have missed one or two.:o:swoon:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

2002 Milton Road.

2003 Crammore Bridge.

2006 Kingsmill Viaduct.

2006 Kingsmill Yard.

2008 Crammore Inn.

2008 Lavender Hill MPD.

2009 St Budoc, O Gauge.

2010 Deesdale Road.

2010 Glen Roy.

2011 Loch Leven.

2012 Masons Lane.

2012 Trebudoc, O Gauge.

2013 Fiddlers Yard.

2015 West Shed.

2016 Porth Merryn.

2017 Beal St, O Gauge.

2017 Kings Moreton.

2017 Trecarne.

2017 Trewithen.

2018 Seven Mills Sidings and Dore End., (then separated and Dore End became Bala Town),

2019 Argyle St.

2019 Bala Town, O Gauge.

2019 Cadley Hill.

2019 Mason St (Goods).

2019 New Mills.

2020 Privett Green.

2021 Bench Road.

2021 Bute Road.

Arr but Andy those are the ones that you admit too…….what about all the others :lol:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

2002 Milton Road.

2003 Crammore Bridge.

2006 Kingsmill Viaduct.

2006 Kingsmill Yard.

2008 Crammore Inn.

2008 Lavender Hill MPD.

2009 St Budoc, O Gauge.

2010 Deesdale Road.

2010 Glen Roy.

2011 Loch Leven.

2012 Masons Lane.

2012 Trebudoc, O Gauge.

2013 Fiddlers Yard.

2015 West Shed.

2016 Porth Merryn.

2017 Beal St, O Gauge.

2017 Kings Moreton.

2017 Trecarne.

2017 Trewithen.

2019 Argyle St.

2019 Bala Town, O Gauge.

2019 Cadley Hill.

2019 Mason St (Goods).

2019 New Mills.

2020 Privett Green.

2021 Bench Road.

2021 Bute Road.

Wow! Impressive list Andy! 

I notice you've used the name Bute Road before. Apologies if I've missed an explanation earlier in the thread or in a video, but just wondered whether there is any significance in using the name again for this layout, especially given it's obvious connection with Cardiff?

Cheers 

Mike 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, D6775 said:

Thats some list in my (just shy by about a week) 40 years I don't think I have ever completed a layout I started. The Garden which is not far off will be the first!

Need a hand?:D

Happy Birthday for next week as well.

49 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Arr but Andy those are the ones that you admit too…….what about all the others :lol:

There the ones that saw Trains running, yes there may have been a few more.:P

1 hour ago, mikeyh said:

Wow! Impressive list Andy! 

I notice you've used the name Bute Road before. Apologies if I've missed an explanation earlier in the thread or in a video, but just wondered whether there is any significance in using the name again for this layout, especially given it's obvious connection with Cardiff?

Cheers 

Mike 

Well spotted Young Mike, Yes I used it with a Midland theme Layout many moons ago.

The reason for its re use is that it has significant links to my wonderful Late Father. 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1