Coach bogies…..help wanted

I have just come across these two sets of coach bogies lurking in the bottom of a cupboard……I have no idea what region they are from, I model Gwr but cannot find an exact match I thought the first set MIGHT be collett 7foot but I stand to be corrected, any help would be gladly accepted…….regards…..dave brighty….

6AA6B1D6-2AAE-4AFA-87C8-BF8A27ADBA9A.jpeg

1A55B633-B636-4081-98E6-58A23F1EBAC1.jpeg

To rectify the earlier version of this post: Russell's  Pictorial Record Part 2 page 92 Fig160  shows bogies similar to  the Goddard LP28 beneath the F21 70ft double ended slip but they are not the same (footboard length, longer springs). My apologies.

The LP28 picture does however match to ref C489 Clayton 8' Full Step from 247 Developments according to the photo that was previously viewable on their site which covered the range. 

Edited by Oil-burner
Correction and clarification of original post
  • Like 1

Larry Goddard's coach range was mostly LMS. They look a bit longer. LMS 9 foot? Rivetted or welded?

https://www.dartcastings.co.uk/mjt/2401.php

Top ones are GWR plate. Do they measure 7 foot? If so that's probably what they are. Usually found on Autotrailers. Could they be replacements for the Airfix model? A number of manufacturers made them back in the day.

https://www.dartcastings.co.uk/mjt/2423.php

Jason

• Like 1

Measuring the wheelbase should help.

For GWR 7 foot bogies obviously it will be 28mm and 9 foot 36mm

BR MkI bogies are 8' 6" (34mm) bogies.

To me the first looks like a MkI (measurement will confirm). and second possibly SR EMU?

SR bogies were usually 8 foot so again measurement will confirm/deny.

Edited by Il Grifone

Well I have measured the said bogies and the first ones are 34 mm so could well be BR mk 1 

the second Goddard bogies are 32 mm so could be back to square 1……I understood that Larry Goddard did mainly Gwr and LMS  bogies so perhaps they are LMS bogies…. as I am a Gwr man neither seem to be much use to me ..dave brighty……..

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Brighty1674 said:

Well I have measured the said bogies and the first ones are 34 mm so could well be BR mk 1 

the second Goddard bogies are 32 mm so could be back to square 1……I understood that Larry Goddard did mainly Gwr and LMS  bogies so perhaps they are LMS bogies…. as I am a Gwr man neither seem to be much use to me ..dave brighty……..

LMS vehicles such as 50ft Full Brakes could end up on through services to loads of places off the home system. 

Kitchen cars less so...

So you could introduce one of these, or sell or give the bogies away. 

I don't believe it's true that because you model the GWR, you have to dismiss the others of the Big 4.

Unless you model an obscure branch or even the Broad Gauge.

Just a line to thank you all for help with these bogies…..it is surprising what knowledge there is out there no matter what the subject seems to be someone usually has the answer…….regards…..dave brighty…