Class 59 from Revolution Trains

Revolution Ben

• 1 month later...

I realised last night we accidentally made a Revolution advert!

IMG_20211022_022310-255.jpg.450fae6255dc6e2d2c395c296ad6c3e6.jpg

Ok, disregard the Falcons, but they are at least available in N so the whole train can be modelled. 59003, super tench and 14 Falcon. This would all become Friday's (22/10) 6O41 to Eastleigh

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 19

• 1 month later...

Whilst browsing Flickr, I stumbled across these gems (clicking the picture will take you to them on Flickr).

22.11.19 HUNGERFORD COMMON 7A09 07.17 MEREHEAD TO ACTON YARD.

59003 on a double portion 7A09 Merehead - Acton, on hire to Freightliner at the beginning of the Mendip contract. Both Ealnos JNAs and HOAs included in the consists.

What appears to be a wagon maintenance move, modelable in N with the megafret and KFAs available.

59003 - Portway Lane, Elford, Staffordshire

Jo

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

A 00 version would be nice,we have waited long enough for a high spec of the super shed.

Never say never, but given Dapol have a OO model fully tooled it really wouldn't be a good use of money for any other manufacturer to duplicate the 59 in OO.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Yes that i know and today there is a guagemaster announcement of 59003 in GBRF in europort so not as it is now for Q1 2023. The Revolution N scale looks more inavative than there N so they may aswell have an 00 one.

It's not something that we're looking to do at the moment Eric, we've got lots of other projects that we need to finish of first. Perhaps a 5in Gauge one would be a good idea? :D

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Revolution Mike B said:

It's not something that we're looking to do at the moment Eric, we've got lots of other projects that we need to finish of first. Perhaps a 5in Gauge one would be a good idea? :D

Thanks Mike,you would be the man for that job,you need something to move your Mendip wagons,now it all makes sence the N gauge release,loo roll in the four foot must be small on N.....play nice.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Thanks Mike,you would be the man for that job,you need something to move your Mendip wagons,now it all makes sence the N gauge release,loo roll in the four foot must be small on N.....play nice.

It’s small enough in 4mm Eric, let alone trying it in 2mm!! 

In truth, we do genuinely have a lot of projects that are higher priority than a 4mm 59. I’ll be making do with my Hornby / Lima conversions. 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Next up, from 1994-5, is he stylish blue and grey of the National Power Class 59/2 locomotives. 

These locomotives featured some differences from the previously delivered Class 59/1s - most noticeably the upgraded fire suppression equipment below the body.  These were ordered to satisfy the company's requirements for its own traction and rolling stock to convey coal and limestone between collieries, seaports and quarries in the north of England.  Again the first of the six locomotives ordered was fitted with a bell at the No.1 end.

1198620180_59201NPpairweb.png.6d0c9049e3da8dfb4db3e416080ba87a.png

This livery is available to pre-order from Rainbow Railways in an exclusive 'First and last' twin set of 59201 and 59206.  See: https://rainbowrailways.co.uk/product-category/revolution-trains/revolution-locos-and-units/class59-revolution-locos-and-units/

These models, along with the Foster Yeoman and ARC versions shown previously, will join the other decorated Class 59 samples we have and be on display at The Internatiional N Gauge show on September 10th/11th - just three weeks from today.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Having unveiled deco samples of the 'early' Class 59 versions we've now published images showing all the various liveries - including the present day ones.

999351847_59204EWS59101HNweb.png.544243cbd1dba3aaa56d376c55f5c5af.png

For all versions see here: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/emd-esirable-diesels-arrive/

Also, two GBRf versions exclusively commissioned by Rails of Sheffield will be available to view at their open day in the shop tomorrow, and I will be there answering questions too.  For more details see here: https://www.facebook.com/events/565068851986047

All Revolution versions can still be pre-ordered via our online shop.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold
On 26/08/2022 at 14:23, bmthtrains - David said:

Lovely livery application. I’m a little uncertain how effective the lift off section is going to be though - a fraction of a millimetre out of line and it will really show jumps in horizontal banding as seen in the above picture. Fingers crossed production versions avoid this.

David 

They clip together very well but on some of the decorated samples, the lift off sections weren't fully pushed home when Ben took the pictures. As Bernard has shown, they've very much out of line in real life making our miniature versions quite prototypical. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

After seeing these in the flesh today, got to say they are stunning. If they don't win awards I'll eat my hat*

So much fine detail. Really looking forward to my Yeoman and ARC ones.

*I don't wear hats

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I had a close up look at the 59 during TINGS yesterday. A few images here: https://www.ngaugenews.com/post/revolution-trains-class-59-close-up-look
rev59i.jpg.2346129c08ec514e2059cf2edf0b9f7d.jpg
I understand the order book closes soon, so if you want to take advantage of the early bird price get over to the Revolution Trains website asap! 

Tom.  

• Like 10

On 11/09/2022 at 13:47, TomE said:

I had a close up look at the 59 during TINGS yesterday. A few images here: https://www.ngaugenews.com/post/revolution-trains-class-59-close-up-look
rev59i.jpg.2346129c08ec514e2059cf2edf0b9f7d.jpg
I understand the order book closes soon, so if you want to take advantage of the early bird price get over to the Revolution Trains website asap! 

Tom.  

Thanks for the heads up Tom. I have bitten the bullet and paid upfront for my ARC example; it’ll be a treat when it arrives!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Evening All.

This evening I had one of our EP samples running on my layout effortlessly pulling a 30 wagon consist made up of 9 EFE JIAs, 10 of our JNAs and 11 of our HOAs. I’ll try and post a video at some point showing that our 59s will have no issues pulling scale length trains. We still need to make some small amendments to the lighting but we’re now very close to the final production model. Picture below for effect…..

B9982FF4-A785-43EF-BE2A-55BD743F16A1.jpeg.922214fc39a9016c6ffceaa957996330.jpeg

Edited by Revolution Mike B
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

On 05/11/2022 at 23:04, Revolution Mike B said:

Evening All.

This evening I had one of our EP samples running on my layout effortlessly pulling a 30 wagon consist made up of 9 EFE JIAs, 10 of our JNAs and 11 of our HOAs. I’ll try and post a video at some point showing that our 59s will have no issues pulling scale length trains. We still need to make some small amendments to the lighting but we’re now very close to the final production model. Picture below for effect…..

B9982FF4-A785-43EF-BE2A-55BD743F16A1.jpeg.922214fc39a9016c6ffceaa957996330.jpeg

Hi Ben,

The 59 looks great. Your layout looks supurb as well, is there anywhere to follow it? does it have a thread anywhere?

All the best,

Dave