Full size inspiration- early 60's BRS and Pickfords photos

brianthesnail96

A chap on the "retrorides" forum has posted a thread up with pictures from his dad's photo album from his driving days with BRS and Pickfords throughout the 1960s; not only are there some excellent detail shots of vehicles "in use" but there's some good inspiration and reference photos for loads, liveries, warehousing and loading methods too. Several examples of 15- 20 year old vehicles in use alongside much newer ones. 

The thread can be found HERE  hopefully! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Is the cafe perhaps a late Trojan?  Track looks rather narrow and skinny tyres so could also be a coachbuilt on almost anything.  A shame I can't make out what it says across the grill.  Is the number on the Leyland cab of any significance, I wondered about a Lorry Driver of the Year round.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, shipbadger said:

Is the cafe perhaps a late Trojan?  Track looks rather narrow and skinny tyres so could also be a coachbuilt on almost anything.  A shame I can't make out what it says across the grill.  Is the number on the Leyland cab of any significance, I wondered about a Lorry Driver of the Year round.

I thought that at first but it seems a bit to narrow to be a Trojan. It could be a Morris-Commercial J or JB van going by the offset starting handle hole.