The continuing life of “Bench Road”

WelshRailTog

Another tiny little addition done, I wasn’t happy with how the bridge was sitting, looked too open on the sides, so using some spare fencing from the front gate, I’ve added some side panels. (Stops the locals from getting in and helping themselves to whatever they fancy!)

Will also need weathering and a light scatter of leaves before it is finished, as will the bridge. 

In other news, I’ve managed to Acquire a very nice Heljan 03 from a chap on FB. Blue, Weathered, and fitted with Paul Chetter sound, which should arrive on Tuesday. 

3B153F94-5DEC-4D91-A075-F3EAB80A7C58.jpeg

1C23F52F-23B1-48E0-A8CB-F9006B008168.jpeg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Baggies1961 said:

Looks great, have you got any details on where to fet the air tanks from, cheers

Julian.

I’m told they were supplied by DJH, I assume they’re the same as what comes in their own 7mm 03 kit. Might be worth dropping them an email if you are after some Julian. As they are not listed on the website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A new shunter joins the Pontfaen Yard fleet

Today I took a little wander up towards Worcester to collect another engine for my fleet, due to working for a mainline TOC it is considerably cheaper to go and collect the item in question rather than have it posted. 

The loco in question is a Heljan 05 in Plain BR Green D2562, the first (and probably only) BR green loco in the yard’s roster.

It is fitted with a Zimo DCC sound decoder using Paul Chetter project and a stay alive unit.

It was a pleasure doing business with the chap in question, I don’t know if he’s on here but it was really nice to have a chat before I caught my train home. 

Almost as soon as I got home the loco was put to work moving a Land Rover around the yard on a warwell. 

100EB3FE-29E8-4C6E-9448-87877D1F1CD8.jpeg

32FE84AA-C690-4E66-B213-47F7E7CD2E2E.jpeg

A1572200-B11F-4FF7-AF35-E3ADAF260113.jpeg

68250549-87A3-485F-8197-9B2001593401.jpeg

• Like 16

I wasn't sure about getting one of these and was sorely tempted by Rails of Sheffield bargain offers but in the end I left it as the O5's that worked in East Anglia were the phase one versions which had different cabs.

I know Rule One applies but I felt I had enough shunting locos by then. Its a very nice model though. 

Paul

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

I wasn't sure about getting one of these and was sorely tempted by Rails of Sheffield bargain offers but in the end I left it as the O5's that worked in East Anglia were the phase one versions which had different cabs.

I know Rule One applies but I felt I had enough shunting locos by then. Its a very nice model though. 

Paul

They are very nice, quite fragile, I had to spend 20min reattaching a few pipes and  handrails. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

Post Day

Today I greeted the postie as I always do, however this time he said “Good, you’re in! Most of my van is for you” He then proceeded to empty 11 parcels in to my waiting arms. Not all modelling bits, but a couple. 

They were as follows:

Heljan 03, Fitted with Sound (another Paul Chetter job) 

Dapol 08 (yes I know I said I wouldn’t get any more)

A tub of mixed tufts

4 Figures from DM custom figures

A brand new Sig Na Trak from Digitrains. 

So today has been fettling (reattaching all the bits that fell off the 03 as i got it out the box) and adding a couple of grass tufts.

The figures have been roughly positioned. 

I also decided it was time to awake the one of the 52s, it’s never been off the stand this one, so will need to go away for DCC sound fitting. 

03836075-72B3-4BFB-A557-47A431BC9AA0.jpeg

4C42CB2A-ECCD-4EC5-BDF1-A1C28309573C.jpeg

9A50FB71-EED5-4164-8932-08B423DDFFBE.jpeg

995B84E4-3B40-4624-BA39-15D7A15CDEB5.jpeg

DD750CCF-0197-4CC5-995E-0BC5EB8AD2EA.jpeg

1499DF86-6192-40E3-933F-5C40A9C9D38D.jpeg

• Like 11

Those figures look very good I'll be looking them up their paint finish is tasty.

I think you will be impressed with the Sig na track Dcc control I found it very intuitive particularly after previously using Lenz with its Anglo-Fritz spraken manuals.  :rtfm:

I feel a short video will be due soon........please. :sungum:

Best

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Those figures look very good I'll be looking them up their paint finish is tasty.

I think you will be impressed with the Sig na track Dcc control I found it very intuitive particularly after previously using Lenz with its Anglo-Fritz spraken manuals.  :rtfm:

I feel a short video will be due soon........please. :sungum:

Best

The figures are lovely, really nicely painted. 

I’ve only been using the sig na trak for 30min and already impressed and wondering why I didn’t get one sooner. 

I’m waiting for a small tripod and mic to arrive before I do any videos, as I’m planning to reactivate my long dormant YT channel.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

You've really taken BR by the horns Ed, with some lovely stock and touches, keep it up, brilliant.:good:

Thank you Andrew, that really means a lot. 

Still lots to do of course! I’m currently working on making the river look a little bit more rural, the Bridge will also be having a thicker weathering job, bit more corrosion as it wouldn’t be far from the sea. 

Been adding a couple of flowers here and there, some of the more typical ones for that region, in this case it is Hogweed,  Tufted Vetch, Tormentil, Red Clover, and a scattering of White Foxglove. Once again it’s not finished, could use some climbing plants and other assorted weeds. 

C16016E2-D6E1-4523-BDE2-2196D143283F.jpeg

5D9F6721-9002-45F2-9317-D11396D32106.jpeg

12F3345C-0059-45A2-ACE1-F10DBA0572E7.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 7
  • Round of applause 1

Hello WRT.

“Pontfaen Yard” is really coming on extremely well and looking very lived in and alive. 

You've added some nice scenic interpretations on the various areas of the yard you've worked on.

Keep posting

Best

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Hello WRT.

“Pontfaen Yard” is really coming on extremely well and looking very lived in and alive. 

You've added some nice scenic interpretations on the various areas of the yard you've worked on.

Keep posting

Best

Hello Barnaby, Thank you! I’d like to hope that I’m doing it justice. It’s my first venture into O gauge scenics. But my specialty has always been the little details, the natural side. 

Still lots to do, a layout is never finished as they say. 

The next big thing is the replacement of the portacabin (sorry Andrew) with a more suitably sized building of an earlier period.

I’m also working on some ground signals, although I haven’t decided whether I’ll actually fit them or not!

Been up to the lovely folks at Great Eastern Models this afternoon to pick up some more bits and pieces! Who knew an Dapol box made such a a good drinks holder! 

WRT

9594130E-C74E-4127-9958-B898F13ADBB1.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

Afternoon Folks,

Not much done today as I’ve had bits in the house to do. However I have compiled a short video of some shunting this morning. Which is available on my YT account 

Not up to Andrew’s standard but was just a quick one to do some testing this morning. 

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, deltic17 said:

Spoke to DJH re air pipes - they can only supply them if we can let them know the part number from their kit apparently! Anyone any idea what the part number is? I think I will scratch build some myself.

The chap I bought mine off thinks he’s still got the email he sent somewhere and is going to have a look in the morning for me. 

1 hour ago, WelshRailTog said:

The chap I bought mine off thinks he’s still got the email he sent somewhere and is going to have a look in the morning for me. 

OK - thanks for that - it would be good to get the appropriate part number

• Like 1